Sign in to follow this  
Meiji

Mogadishu: AMISOM massacre civilians

Bokero they are there to monetry gains that is plain for everyone.

What peace do they actaully protect have u ever wondered and how do u think ther are saving Somalis from Somalis, cause if any two factions want to fight they will regardless wheather AMISON is there or not.

Bokero   

We Somalis need to stop opposing everything... we always look for reasons to disagree, never pleased always complaining...

Pirate i see you still looking for more blood to soak our land...

Please I urge us to refrain from figure pointing and blaming other for a MADE IN SOMALIA conflict... we were happily killing and raping our own before the Ethiopians and Amison come... STOP this madness and engage in constructive discourse,. it will take a work from out new president and AMISON will go... they r not our problem... with all there mistakes AMISON is there to help us..and many poor women in Uganda have lost a sons killed by barbaric grave diggers called Al shababe!!! Somalia’s enemy is us the sooner we realise it better for all of us!

Fabregas   

^^On the one hand, you gloss over the massacres commited by the aminsom and Ethiopians, even praising the Ugandans; whilst on the other hand, you condemn the somali groups as murderers and lunatics. Why are the murders and massacres of outsiders " mistakes", but Somali groups are guilty of being murderers and lunatics? One rule for Somalis and another for otusiders, miya? Secondly, how you are certain that Aminsom came to help Somalia, they have always being helping the brutal Ethiopian occupations(Oops, that must another mistake, eh). Are you aware of the history of Ugandnda in other African conflicts?.I think these statements of yours are rather hypocritical, no offense, sxb:

quote:Please I urge us to refrain from figure pointing and blaming other for a MADE IN SOMALIA conflict

quote:STOP this madness and engage in constructive discourse,.

quote:with all there mistakes AMISON is there to help us

quote:and many poor women in Uganda have lost a sons killed by barbaric grave diggers called Al shababe!!! Somalia’s enemy is us the sooner we realise it better for all of us!

constructive discourse? or constructive apologetical bias?

Bokero   

Abu...let me get this straight, you're saying Amison come so that they could kill, occupy us? This kind of conspiracy theories bizarre man!

I am not going to get in a debate on history of Uganda, bro I have worked and lived in Uganda... Uganda is host nation to thousands of Somali refugees running from yep you guessed from religious lunatics and parasitic warlords.....

Please don’t begin Somalia’s history from a convenient time to suit your narrative of victimhood... it’s always the foreigners right?

Finally I am not in anyway in support of the death of even my enemy... Killing as tool for political discourse is barbaric in the 21st century!

Amison i said should be careful and the deaths should be investigated... Now tell me, who should we hold responsible for the cowardly act of shooting at Amison then hiding behind civilians?

I am waiting...

Fabregas   

^^ I said the Ugandan government is fulfiling uncle sAms war on terror and their government is getting nice cheques for that. Aminsom was also a cover and aid to the brutal Ethiopian occupation. That's a fact, sxb. Aminsom came to help and protect Somali warlords.Call it a conspiracy if you like.

As for Uganda treating Somali refugees well: So does Ethiopia, so does Kenya. Does that mean the armies of those nations are just and they treat Somalis well? I was referring more to conduct of the Ugandan army in the LRA army and the history of sexual predatory beahaviour in the Congo. Are you aware of that.

Secondly, I didn't blame Somalis problems on foreigners nor did I all our problems on them, that was your assumption, bro. I was simply pointing out your contradictory glossing over and praise of Ugandans who commited massacres, whilst totally condemning and even claiming Somalis groups are barbaric. Why did you describe AMinisom massacres as "mistakes", but Somalis are guilty of barbaric cimes? Hence why I said: one rule for foreigners or one rule foR Somalis? As for your last question: that is the excuse used by every justifier of foreign aggression in history( the bad guys hide behind the civilians).

Bokero   

Abu-- with due respect you been ridicules... and factually wrong

1.. i dont believe Amison fires at civilians for fun... that is just plain paranoia

2.. The UPDF (ugandan army) is not the LRA... LRA are the ones raping and chopping people, and i as far as i know no LRA soldier is in Somalia unless off course you have information we don’t!

3.. Somali groups are babaric, no debate there, you tell me one group that is not?

4. Finally i have noticed for second time you avoided my question,.,, what reponsibility do put on those who attack Amison then hide behind civilians?

Ugandans have bleed to for us, by the way also contributing from their defence budget on top of the aid they get from the west, to open wells, and port so that WFP can bring food to starving Somalis, the best could do is thanks them...

Somalina   

We can end the war in Somalia

Maj. Ba-Hoku Barigye

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Going through the internet-based media daily, and especially since the 11/7 tragedy in Kampala, one gets a sense of despair on the long Somali conflict. The feelings and signs of frustration and hopelessness are visible.

Conspiratorial theories have been weaved by “experts on Somalia” to deceive and convince the world that the Somali one is a special conflict. Good thing though is that sane voices of reason and hope still exist. I subscribe to this school of thought.

The Somali conflict may have some uniqueness, but conflicts have occurred in Africa and elsewhere and have been resolved. Liberia, Sierra Leone and South Africa are the most vivid examples that had bloody conflicts that were ended.

The “experts on Somalia” will quote all types of sources to justify their theories.

Most of the formulators of these conspiratorial theories may have never set foot inside Somalia in the first place. Their theories are based on hearsay and lack of in-depth analysis, and board on the absurdity. Such theories ignore one fundamental fact: Somalia is a threat not only to itself and the region, but to the world.

The theories range from abandoning the Somalis to their own schemes, mischief and fate; to maintaining the status quo where the current repression and oppression can continue and humanitarian catastrophe is looming; to “constructive disengagement” where ties with the TFG and AMISOM are cut. This theory itself ignores two vital facts:

(i) TFG and AMISOM are the only forces working towards bringing genuine national political, social and economic rebirth, reconciliation, peace and stability to Somalia;

(ii) the Somalis have not been able to sort out their problems for the last 20 years, what guarantees are there now that this miracle will happen? And so, the flamers of these theories target either the Somalis themselves or those who are genuinely and honestly on the ground working for and supporting peace efforts or their partners. They aim at dissuading them from the noble tasks or frustrating their efforts. They want to demonise and demoralise those who are committed to bringing change to Somalia. The most targeted victim has been AMISOM.

Why AMISOM?

AMISOM is the only force capable of challenging the armed violent groups, especially al-shabaab and Hizbul Islam, from ascending to power in Mogadishu. These groups' intentions, shrouded in mysteries and false confidence to capture power have been thwarted with heavy casualties on their side for over the last three years by AMISOM. June/July of last and this year have been specifically significant. Such losses have often times led them to halt their operations and withdraw from Mogadishu.

It is also known that the two groups are well known to be on the payroll of international terrorist networks and other spoilers. All these groups have ganged up to discredit AMISOM’s pro-people approach and achievements.

It is not common to witness such sacrifices for peace, especially in such conditions as those experienced by AMISOM troops. Our approach puts smiles on many a Somali face.

We give free medical care to over 12,000 people per month and over 1.8 million litres of clean water to the Somalis who live near our camps.

Who will help consolidate such efforts so that many more smiles are seen on their faces? not AS that is for sure :mad:

The jealousy and envy in some circles have driven the anti-people forces and their allies to craft and launch a hostile propaganda campaign against AMISOM.

The campaign is designed to promote and garner domestic and international support for their extreme ideology.

They also aim at discouraging any further deployment of AMISOM troops and scare away any potential troop-contributing country.

Their intention is also to deny support to the Transitional Federal Government.

These groups have been evolving into a more overtly internationalist organisation. Al-shabbab announced its alliance with al-Qaeda on February 10.

Such an alliance has undercut some of its appeal and support base within Somalia. Their hard line interpretation of Islam (i.e. imposing religious uniformity on Somali society at the expense of traditional clan structures and beliefs) does not resonate with many Somali citizens.

In addition, their brutal operational tactics, especially suicide bombings and roadside bombs targeting civilians, have caused public outrage and alienated supporters even in their strong (strangle) holds.

The stabilisation of Somalia must, therefore, be resisted by these forces at any cost.

All peace-loving people of the world must show resolve towards ending the Somali war. Failure to resolve this conflict is not an option.

The UN, EU, US and many partners continue to provide logistical support to AMISOM.

The genuine experts on Somalia should, therefore, help in providing suggestions and proposals on how the suffering of the Somalis can be ended. Together we can put an end to the theories of the “experts on Somalia” that condemn the Somalis to endless conflict and vanity.

What plans can be put in place to rehabilitate a society that has been so fractured and whose three generations have known nothing else but war and violence? What can be done to avoid a recurrence of such a situation not only in Somalia but anywhere else in the world?

How about the criminalised economy (including piracy), attendant greed and cynicism, and above all, impunity and violence against the weakest?

We all owe it to the innocent and deprived majority Somalis, humanity, posterity and ourselves.

As for those of us who have listened to their cries and felt their miseries, shared all including our blood with them to make their dreams come true, we will wait to see whether the time, effort, blood, sweat and tears will change life for the greater majority of the Somalis. But we are confident that this will happen soon rather than later.

The writer is the AMISOM force spokesman

Amistad   

good debate here, but a couple of items you are missing.

AMISOMs Mandate is defensive posture only. Their sole mission is to protect the official government of Somalia, who can not do it themselves. A large group of Somalis who apparently feel the same are ASWJ.

The TFG, AMISOM & ASWJ do not resort to terrorist tactics used by Shabab. AMISOM defends its positions using standard defensive tactics and rules of engagement set by their defensive posture.

Shabab uses roadway IEDs, VBIEDs, human suicide bombers and launches lethal mortar attacks from civilian position (human shields), then moves and fires again from more civilian positions assuring an AMISOM defensive attack. They kill, be-head, whip, beat, harass and cajole the general public into their twisted views. I would think this last item alone would be enough to get a rise out of most Somalis, and anyone doing this to my people I would certainly take arms against, not a Force defending my government.

It should be obvious by now AMISOM and their international support base is not going to go away, especially after attacking Uganda, and threatening Burundi and Djibouti. It doesnt really matter if Shabab takes Mogadishu. Wherever the government of Somalia is seated is where the new capitol would be, and Mog would just become more of Somalia occupied territory by the terror group Shabab.