Sign in to follow this  
miles-militis

Somaliland: only a battalion with 17 technicals?

RedSea   

Has Maakhir gone silent, as always they are afriad to disagree with one another.

He said that Elders and town poeple encouraged the SL army to withdraw.

Yes there was disasterous mismanagement on the Riyale Admin, however Pland troops killed only 2 SL soldiers. If you ask me that is not enough to even make one blink let alone withdraw.

RedSea   

Oh you differenatly right. Not only did they blew it but the Udub party shot itself in the foot. Riyale is not the smartest man alive I gues...at least he oughta save face since elections are getting closer.

Alot of people were saying they would vote for him, but I think most of them migh have changed their mind about that already.

Terrible operation without an aim, everyone was caught off guard and was asking question. Why now, wazzup, etc....

I am glad not further conflict has escalated, Somaliland needs to endure this shame and move on.

Xargaga   

Alot of people were saying they would vote for him, but I think most of them migh have changed their mind about that already

Raayale knows well that his chances of coming back are slim. But am sure he will use all means posible to stay in power. In this case he was aware of the cosequences but he chose to obey The ethiopian orders.In return he must have been assured of his stay in power, by Emporer Bush Apointed regional overseer and power broker, Meles Zenawi.