Sign in to follow this  
Qudhac

THE CIRCUS IS IN TOWN SELF-DELUSION OF ANOTHER RECONCILIATION

Qudhac   

Somaliland will not waste time in chasing greater Somalia mirage

No true Somalilander would waste their time attending the much delayed and much talked about Somalia reconciliation meeting slated for June 15th. It is going to be another charade of self-interest, self-publicity and self-delusion.

Somaliland has already had its dialogue and discussions and has reached a consensus. Somaliland is based on democracy and the rule of law. Whatever discussion that are going to take place among the conflicting groups in Somalia, this is frankly their own business.

Since 1991, there have been at least fourteen attempts to put things in order for the miserable people of Somalia, and this will the the fifteen attempt. Sadly, there is no common or shared values between the peoples of Somalia. The main goal of every so-called interim leader is to shed more blood and settle a few scores.

Somaliland is beyond such despicable practises. Somaliland has a thriving democracy, with a free and often vociferous media. Somaliland has checks and balances, with involve a hearty debate and the voice of the majority. In Somaliland, we don't' settle arguments at the point of an AK47, or through self-martyrdom, we debate, cajole and reach a consensus.

So, I return to my previous point, there is an old Somali proverb, "hadal badani, haan ma buuxiyo", as much as I admire and marvel at the verbosity those who write lengthy and voluminous articles, I prefer to the get to the point.

No true Somalilander would even consider wasting their time and energy on a meeting which hasn't nor will ever have any meaning for Somaliland. If there those among us in Somaliland, who feel the need to chase the "mirage" of a greater Somalia, let them read their history and learn from it. If there are those among us in Somaliland who hunger for power, then I say to them exercise your franchise under the Somaliland constitution. If the people of Somaliland vote for the person they consider worthy of leading the nation, then irrespective of social, economic or clan status, he or she will have our loyalty.

If there are those among us going solely for the few dollars per Diem, my brothers and sisters, money is not everything. Better to be a free beggar in Somaliland, than a chained millionaire in no man's land.

It is time for Somalilanders to stop devoting so much time to the internal politics of Somalia. It is different country with a different set of problems. We wish the people of Somalia well for the future, but whatever the outcome of the peace talks in Somalia, they will not have any effect on the situation in Somaliland. No mortal can turn back the clock.

Malika   

"In Somaliland, we don't' settle arguments at the point of an AK47, or through self-martyrdom, we debate, cajole and reach a consensus."

^^^Repeatition , repeatition...sounds almost true!!

Why is it that when the people of SSC,speak of their decision to be part of the great Somalia, the Landers[like somalidaa kalee duul laan baa heysaa]..Your so called peaceful administration reacts with threats?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

In Somaliland, we don't' settle arguments at the point of an AK47, or through self-martyrdom, we debate, cajole and reach a consensus."

What was the war between Egaal & Tuur? Or the attacks on the Somali people of SSC?

People seem to make things up as they go...

Dadkii xagjir ayeeba noqdeen. Ar xaa idinku dhacay Caanogeel, Che, Baddacase. See camaleeto.

Qunyarsocod ayaaba ahaan jirteen see waaye labadaan bari. Garuun aa isku heysatiin oo kii madaxa soo taagaba gaw iyo nash. :D