Sign in to follow this  
Khalaf

The Propaganda War

me   

Kashafa you are 100% right on this, I see where your coming from

But seeing pictures of Somali victims might get us sympathy from the international community and may destroy the Ethiopian credibility but it will also hurt the moral of the Somali people.

How does Hezbollah do it?

bambo   

xammar is not palestine or Chechynya, Kurdistan

we dont not need any sympathy againts Tigreyen troops , why broadcast and humiliat our dignity sxb **** that shit ......

the only sympathy xaamar needs is from their so called somali brothers who are either on the side line watching or on the opposite side .

JJ_MAHAD   

ppl are mixing two things here:

1. Fighting against an occupation which is the right of every human.

2. The methods of achieving that hounarable goal.

If someone bliefs the goal justifies the methods then no point mentioning what method as long the goal is clear.

in my opinion, barbaric methods never lead to an honourable goal.

I am really shocked to see a video at Hagan.com website. Just look at it and tell me what is your reaction if you care about Political Islam in Somalia ( this video links the barbaric act directly to a religious ppl not angry qabiil).

Good help the ppl of mogadisho.

me   

God help the people of Somalia and the Somali people in Mogadishu resisting the Ethiopian aggression.

lol@Superflous

Am sorry but if you insist on being naive then do so. But the reailty is all their in the topic the political persuation and as such the agenda such as this.

The post isnt ****** its a sad laughter.

Raadmirr

No doubt some if not a lot (because somali's are irrespective of where they hail from) are very clannish), are against this Terrorist foriegn Gang called the TFG purely because of clan reason.

However either they way you view yourself and the conflict is dictating how you respond to they day to day events, or your simply being unrealistic, or worse of trying to be subtle about your political persuastion.

However you closed on an important point. I firmly believe that this TFG is pushing back mindsets to the height of the hattred back in 1991. You can see it in this forum from idiotic comments from Alleubahne and GD and his cronies.

Yesterdays events didnt supprise me at all, but it worries me just how much further this will escalate to now.

May allah have mercy on the weak and poor

-------------------------------------------------

I have no idea why those asterix have appeared!

me   

Ana-juwa_ There is no naivety here. I do see how allot of people are reacting, I am just showing them there is a differnet side to this story. Its not a clan war its a war against the Ethiopian aggression against Somalia. This war should not be hijacked by clannist individuals and made it to be a clan war.

In this conflict I see myself as a Somali. Its a war between Somalis and Ethiopian aggressors and I side with my people.

I will not be reacting to the comments of people like General Duke or Alle-ubaahane with equal venom. I will react to them with my principles.

There are allot of people here on SOL who see whats happening I am appealing to their reason. I am asking to see whats happening and correct those who want to see that a new and more devastating a clan war erupts in Somalia.

This is an open forum and yes there are people or actually one person who is always trying to keep up clan hatreds.

That person takes on many different names.

kamal-diin, shariif saylici, radamir, azymaya, bambo, president of somalia etc etc.

Don't fall for this wave of clan sentiments it hasn't brought us any good for the past 16 years and it will not do us any good today.

In this war against Ethiopia we need to be united. Think about how you can contribute to this unity.

Fanisha   

Aaamin Ana-juwa.

Somali maantay sii fican u kala dhimatay. 1991 is nothing compared to this. Maanta there are Somalis being bombed from the air by Xabashi while their "brethren" are cheering the invasion.

Walaaltinimoy xaal qaado. Wixii xabashi lajirana waynu isku hadhii hadayna xabashida sii raacin marka dhulka laga eryo.

me   

^^Calm down missy. There is nothing you can do to other Somali people, the only thing you can do is to appeal to their reason and ask for their help against the Ethiopian aggression, talks like this will not help them support you.

JJ_MAHAD   

I dont really give that much attention to the depressed cyber fadhikudirir u mentioned here.

What troubles me though is the pro ICU websites glorifiying these methods.

I hope someone in ICU will be brave enough to take in charge and distance themselves from what looks to be UnIslamic.

Resistance with out clear goals and leadership will produce something we may regret at the end.

I dont want my pple in Somalia to be the casualties of unproductive or unobjective war.

me   

^^you are right, the resistance should be better organized and it should have objectives and communicate those objectives to the Somali people. The resistance should be a nationwide resistance against the Ethiopian aggression ad the stooges they brought.

JJ_MAHAD   

Exactly, fight today at sametime plan for tommorow.

If Won, let the politicians take incharge and not waste the fruites generated from the blood sacrificed. If not, review the methods.

ICU leaders should resign if they cannot take control of the events. Act now before it is too late.

It is easy to sit at a hotel and think they will benefit from every action against their enemy no matter who carried out or how UnIslamic.

Let confusion end

NGONGE   

^^^ That is not going to happen though. You talk of the ICU as if you’re describing a standing disciplend army! The dishonouring of dead bodies will continue as long as there is a war taking place. For now, other than condeming it, there really is nothing you can do about it. One can’t control such spontanous events. But one can help spread awarness and remind people of the heniousness of such acts.

Still, all of what you say is (though admirable) being told to the wrong people. Do you believe some ICU (clan/insurgent/whatever other names you want to give them) leaders frequent this site and read our comments? If not, then your suggestions are wasted. If yes, preach on, brother.

Better still, why don’t you preach to the ones here! You have a better chance of convincing some of the reasonable ones of your point of view than changing ICU strategy or methods. And, if you convince the ones here they in turn till convince others (the waxa la yedhi rule) and those others will pass the message to others until, one day in the not so near future, your words will become the norm, convention and moral position of the Somali nation. After all, this is the beauty of such mediums (as discussion forums). They really are not chat rooms as some of the lesser beings amongst us seem to think.

RedSea   

JJ Mahad and superfl,

I am sure, it's easy for you to dismiss the UIC as though they are unorganized and have not taking the charge as of yet. I think what has been taking place in Xamar is far from being just ordinary Faraxs carrying Aks and fighting the Ethiopians head on. I think it's the UIC with more help from the large Muqdisho population.

There is always room for more new things and ideas, but surely the UIC are not absent, they can't be they are spearheading this war....give them the credit.