Sign in to follow this  
Khalaf

The Propaganda War

Khalaf   

Propaganda may not change the reality on ground as some of u said, one Somalia is muslim two Somalia is african.....however do not underestimate the power of the media, the power of pictures, the power of words (just compare brother superf here vs. the clanists sentiments, which would attract most Somalis.....which calls for unity?.)................Somalis maybe separated along clan lines today......but at the end of the day wa somali .....this is where propaganda comes in to win hearts and minds sxbyall.....to change views............. Most Somalis in Diaspora (don’t underestimate the disapora NG) get their news from clannish websites, with clannish agendas, even the so called “islamic” ones are of flith........thus Somalis remain separated........and u need unity for any effective change.

These somali sites need to step up, and take responsibility a moral responsibility, and obligation to all Somalis........for once these clanists on all sides should view Somalia as a nation instead of clans, and as Superflous said appeal to ppls reasons that is if this is going to be a somali fight..........instead of showing burning of corpses which stains ugly the opposition show the suffering of the civilians, don’t call the civilians, the dead by clan but simply somali........thus far the so called somali media have failed horribly.......and more whoever this opposition is we don’t know but they failed horribly as well in the propaganda war.........if the icu is behind this.......where is their speeches, where is their agendas? Sxb they wont be successful by constricting the fight in which is against Ethiopia as u say to one section and making it look its clan thing.........if they want to be effective why not use the media to appeal to all Somalis? Why not be smart since Somalis are clan orientated and reason with all Somalis, and have other men if they do have them of other clans that somalis can say to ahhhh ar ninyahow wa hebel hebel.... give speeches and rally support.........ie the clan of turki went with the icu for what, islamic reasons or they say their dude is there?.......lets get real...maybe some have for "right reasons"........but many more have just cause good ol clan tang

“How does Hezbollah do it?”

Easy they are brotherhood with clear agendas, well financed, trained, and grass-root support of populace and major country........and they know how to use the power of propaganda to rally the masses....mida kale they are not just a military party-but they defend their territory, but a social party that helps the poor, builds schools, health-care ect.........bottom line they are smart.

me   

^^ we should do that too. Whats stopping us from doing it? Except being lazy.

It doesn't need a million man army or a billion dollars.

All it needs is a goal, courage, determination and inventiveness. What will you be doing in 10 years 20 years? 30 years? 50 years?

Everyday you will wake up, eat breakfast, go to work, come back home, go to sleep and live like a sheep. Or you can change the world.

Propaganda or no propaganda, you are young now and you can do things today that you will not be able to do in 10 years when you will have many more responsibilities. Think about what you can do for your people but also for your life. Its a sad thing to die without having achieved anything worth while in life.

In case your wondering the You in this post is are whoever is reading this.

Khalaf   

whose we, there is no we in somalis? ninyahow somalis=incoptement, lazy ect......just check on the ones in disapora nooh......i dont c any unity or brotherhood anytime soon......your too impatient sxb "me" much like the dumb hastness of the courts........change takes time....lotta fakers here would make u believe they are wit them for the good fight....but after fight what next? sxb the fakers here will turn against them cause its da "south"....change takes time, patience, and good men united under brotherhood.....basically plant the roots sxb for the tree to grow, there is no roots for somalia therefore u cant have our dream come true-a united somalia.....patience yaa me.

Edit: sxb what are u doing hadaba, anything u done thus far?

peace out...gotta run

me   

^^sxb patience doesn't mean sitting still being idle. I know Somalis, they are people, they are humans and allot of them are doing what humans do. They are living, struggling surviving. They are thinking of their daily bread not a war.

I am not saying, take the first plane home, get an AK and get your self killed. I am saying lets get our people organized, lets not wait for someone else to do our job for us. Lets stop being lazy.

Lets reach out to our people all across the world, lets think about what we want to achieve and formulate the right strategy for that. Lets start at the basics.

This is a war for Somalia not a war against Ethiopia.

Somalia needs to be saved against itself and against the Ethiopian aggressor and no one will do it for us, its our job, its the job of the Somali people.

JJ_MAHAD   

Somalis are not patient enough to build a stable organisation with a strong foundation and clear objectives.

Sorry to say that but, thats our character what ever ideology we follow. There has to be someway we can overcome this weakness.

ICU came close and gave us a hope, but never been given the chance and time to build on.

Khalaf   

^^^^U spoke well on this topic JJ bro, i agree with u 100% ninyahow, no patience......patience is virtue.

Che bro, nah man i wouldnt consider myself neither one in million brah....however u can always be better.

Superflous, hear hear bro.....but change take time ninyahow, lets have patience afterall somalia is only what 60 years old?....and yes it starts with individuals.....as for whats happening now in somalia ninyahow ppl just want peace and fighting/killing to end....long way before those ideals are put into practice.....marka have sabar

me   

Somalis this Somalis that stop this negative generalizing please. Sheekadii Soomaalidu waa sidaas ayaad wadaa.

Stop blaming others or expecting anything from others, think about what you can do and do it.

Khalaf   

^^^I said change takes time sxb.....u dont agree with that? and yes there is more that can be done from our part....but change takes time u know um right sxb

mida kale comment on my other topic sxb: Advice to TFG, what do u think is best policy-way forward.....remember the reality sxb in somalia....um realist sxb.....lets say in u achieve ur goal destroy this government and its supporters, what then? After much blood-shed, ect arent u back to square one....still divided? U get what um saying when i say u plant the roots first sxb, then the tree grows strong.