Sign in to follow this  
Adna

Question To Brother Nur

Adna   

Salaama calaykum wr wb.

Brother i have this Question wich is,if some one takes a loan from the bank and knowing that they have to pay the money back with interes fees on it. the person knows that it's haraam to pay or take riba. What the person has to face i mean what are the consiquences? danbiga uu sameeyay how bad that danbiga could be? thank you

p.s Reason was they needed the money and didn't had no other choice.

Nur   

Dear Asraa

Alxamdulillah, wa bihi nastaciin, wa salaamu calaa rasuulihi alladii istafaa wa calaa aalih wa saxbih wa sallim.

Ribaa or what is termed as interest in banks around the world is a financial transaction that grew from greed and Kufr, all three revealed religions, Judaism, Christaianity and Islam forbid it as these messages were issued by the same God regardless of the name adherents call him.

Before we answer the question, let us look into the drivers of making Ribaa haraam, and what makes the one who indulges in it a sinner of a KABEERA, a major sin even greater than Fornication, as it was reported by the Prophet Muhammad SAWS that he said a hadeeth whose gist is " Ribaa is of many types, with different degrees of severity in Punishment, the least significant type of Ribaa is equivalent to the sin of a man who fornicated with his mother some thirty( thirty six) times, in the Quraan Allah SWT placed taking Ribaa even higher by sayin to ribaa dealers, takers and givers " Beware of a war from Allah and his appostle"

Allah SWT says again " Allah has made business transactions lawful, but made Ribaa Xaraam"

Now, what is very important is to simplify the concept of Ribaa.

Ribaa is the act of lending money so that the time factor is sold, the longer the period the more ( Rent) has to be paid on the capital. The reason this is haraam is that the lender is not doing busines here, he is securing the loan and at the same time securing profit which is against the concept of Tijaaraa, or commerce which is sharing risk and profit. In Ribaa, you take the Risk, the Bank takes the Profit, an unjust deal.

In Islam, when someone is need, we help them out by either giving them grant or a loan, a loan with no interest given to a needy person is a form of worship to Allah SWT and it is that missed opportunity of benevolemce and the choice of greed that creates hatred in any community. Hatred is against the concept of brotherhood, which if not protected by benevolence can lead to theft, and loss of life. Thereby Ribaa destroys the fiber of love and community. To see the result fo this, just visist your local Psychologist who advices people whose house and cars are repossesed by banks aftre they lost tgheir jobs. That pesron is bitter at society and when able will not spare any law unviolated.

Now, as you have asked, a student who needs a loan applies at a local Bank, the Bank particpates in a government sponsored and secured student loan program, the Bank is guarnateed of his return, by two ways, one by the government and two by FDIC ( Federal Deposit Insurance in USA or equivalent in other jurisdictions) the inusrance for banks that insure participating banks with hundreds of millions. Now the Banks is milking the poor worker who has to pay more than their fair share. I saw this bumper sticker on a car ahead of me " I owe, I owe, so off to work I go" . The Ribaa feature is an evil result of greed, the more caring a society is to its members the more help it offers its members.

Most student loan applications clearly say the amount of interest payable after graduation, some applications give you a grace period, say 9 months interest free period after graduation after which you will incur penalties and more Ribaa to make you come crawling and begging for loan consolidation and collectors will be terrorizing you by placing your name in the most wanted list, so your credit worthiness diminishes so bad, your cash may not be accepted.

So, signing that document even if you beleive that you will pay the money before the grace period with no ineterst is a minor sin at best, " Wal ladiina laa yash haduuna al ZUUR"

Sister Asraa, we are undergoing a test here, just like materials, when engineers test them to see how much hardships these materials can tolerate, we are being tested likewise, with temptations our hands can reach , to see who is mindful of Allah in the Ghaib ( without seeing him). Paradise is no cheap.

Besides, any Muslim who resists temptation, Allah SWT will replace that which he forgone, with something better, it is matter of faith, and faith should not be compromised or sold for mere dollars. We must remember that our Rizq (sustenance) is in the heavens as Allah SWT said, " wa fis samaa-e rizqakum wa maa tuucaduun" and not with Ribaa Banks.

Wallaahu Aclam

Walaalkaa

Nur

Adna   

salaam calaykum wr wb

Bro nuur thank you so much for ur input, that was really helpfull,, jaaka kal kheyral jazzaa.

walaal hada ka soo qaad qofki lacagti wuu celiyay bangiga marka qofka wuxuu go'aansaday in uu alle u towbad keeno danbigi uu galay maadaamo uu xaaraan qadcan uu ahaa, markiisi horena uu ogaa in ay danbi tahay. marka qofkaas towbadiis aqbal miyay noqoneysaa mise? i know allah said ina alaaha yaqfiru thunuuba jamiicaa,,, ilaa aakhiri ayaah,,, marka maxaa laga rabaa qfka marka uu ka towbad keenaayo. walaakiis aad ayaad u mahadsantahay waqtigaaga qaaliga ah oo ku bixisay baaritaanka,,,

Nur   

Walaashey Asraa

Ma jiro dambi ka weyn cafiska Allah SWT, naxariistiisana wexey deeqdey wax walba. Dunuubta xikmadda ka dambeysa ay u dhacdo waa badan tahay, waxaa ka mid ah in addoonta Allah ay dareento ineyan dhameyn ( Not perfect, since Allah alone is perfect) ooy khaldamaan xisaab xumo iyo illow dartii ( Ghaflah) markaasna ay dambi ku dhacaan, ha noqoto mid ay u geysay maal jaceyl ama shahwad jaceyl, oo labada ah wixii ka soo saarey aabbaheen Adam iyo hooyadeen Xaawo jannada ayadoo lagu yihi:

" Inna laka an la tajuuca fiihaa wa la tacraa, wa annaka laa tadhma u fiihaa wa laa tadxaa"

ilaa uu sheidaankii waswaasiyey asagoo ku leh, la iidinka ma reebin geedkaan inaad noqotaan labo malag mooyaanee, amaa aad noqotaan kuwo waara ( oon dhiman).

Sidaa darteed jeceylka nolosha dheer, iyo nicidda geerida ayaa sabab weyn u ah macaasida badan een sameyno, maxaa yeelay maal jeceylka ooy ka dambeyso nolol jaceyl ayaa dhaliyey in dadku ay Ribada xalaaleystaan taasoo rabbigooda uu ka dhaafay.

Hadaba, jawaabtu waxaa weeye, aqbalidda tawbadu, siduu suubbanahii noo sheegay, waa mid aan joogsan ilaa ay nafta addoonka u soo gaadho dhuunta ama hunguriga (throat) ama ay qorraxda ka soo baxdo galbeed ( west) hadba tii soo hormarta.

Allah SWT wuxuu leeyahay qofkii ka soo laabta oo ka soo tawbo keena Ribada wuxuu leeyahay raasumaalkiisa, la dulmi maayo asagana wax dulmi maayo.

Allah wuxuu leeyahay ; Haddaad idinka iyo waxa dhulka ku nool oo dhan aad gaalowdaan. Allah waa mid hodan ka ah ( No need) caalamiinta oo dhan, marka annaga ayey noogu jirtaa dan weyn inaan addoonnimadeenna u gudanno si aan ugu guuleysanno naxariista ballaadhan ee Allah SWT noo ballan qaaday.

Ogowna, Allah inuu aad ugu farxayo tawbada addoonkiisa ka soo laabtay dambi weyn oo la mid ah Ribada. Dambi weyn na ma jiro haddii laga tawbo keeno, Dambi yarna ma jiro haddii lagu adkeysto, maxaa yeelay la ma eego dambiga yaraantiisa laakin waxaa la eega weynaanta kan laga galay dambigaas.

Hadaba qofka tawbo keena waxaa laga rabaa afar shardi:

Allah swt wuxuu leeyhay:

" Wa innii la ghafaarun liman taaba wa aamana wa camila saalixan thumma ihtadaa"

"Waan u cafis badanahay qofkii :

1. (ii) soo laabta,

2 (i) rumeeya,

3. Wanaag sameeya,

4. Dabadeedna toosa (dariiqa toosan)

Haddu jiro xaq aadami leeyahayna waa inuu u celiyo ciddii laheyd.

Wallahu Aclam

Nur

Blessed   

I was wondering about this as well. Thanks for asking Asraa and thank you for the informative reply Nur smile.gif

I find it really hard to avoid interest.. this whole economy is interest based.. but I guess thats not a good enough excuse redface.gif

Adna   

salaama calykum wr wb

nur aad ayaad u mahdsantahay walaalkiis jazaakal laah kheyral jazaaa,,,, Ameenaha anytime macaanto i know this econamy thin is based on interest allaha noo naxariisto we should avoid what ever we can,,, love you alll

Nur   

I was talking to this Austrian person about business when somehow the dscussion veered toward banking practices and the concept of Ribaa aka interest, usury in the west.

The Austrian a Christian, explained to me that the practice of Usury was introduced in Europe by the immigrant Jewish traders, as it was forbidden in Europe by the established churches.

Initially, the Europeans were against the practice, but slowly it became acceptable until it lead to major wars engulfing all of Europe and the world, the Austrian explained.

At that point, I remembered the meaning of a verse in the Quraan in which Allah said, " .......and if you do not stop dealing with Usury ( Ribaa, Interest etec) then be aware of a declaration of war from Allah and his apostle"

I remembered the two world wars, and the ongoing wars in the world at large, so many organizations and no peace!

We may not be aware, but the world is in a war not with terrorism, nor with hunger, nor with AIDS, nor with floods, but with Allah, the culprit? our blatant defiance in dealing with the forbidden practice of usury.

Mankind is in defiance of his Maker, the curse from allah will manifest itself in many forms like desease ( AIDS), and the fear of the 30000 nuclear warheads the big boys are playing with over our heads!

Its all about man's greed, lies and illegal desire of aqusistion of others wealth, all of it stemming from the abominable practice of Usury

Nur

jazaakallaah kheyr yaa akhii nuur . waxaana fiican si looga fogaado ribada walaalaha muslimiinta ah ee ku nool meel sidaas oo kale ah waa iney isku dayaan suubinta bank islaami ah eeyna lacagahooda dhigtaan , dadka badankood wexey ku ashtakoodaan daruuro ayaa ii geysay , hadaba hadii la helo bunuuk islaam ah daruurada meesha ayeey ka bixeysaa. ,

F.G hadii aad dhigatay lacagtaada banki ribawi(interest) ah , faaida badan na eey fuushay , marki horana daruura kuu geysay dhigasha halkaas kasoo qaad lacagtaas una qeybi dadka muslimiinta ah ee tabaalaysan hana cunin adiga , sababtoo ah hadaad u deyso lacagtaas bangiga faaida ayaad ukordhisay un so kaso qaad masaakiintana sii .