Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Puntland its population come against Djibouti process

Dhamaan jaaliyadda reer puntland ee north america oo taageertay warkii uu idaacadda bbcda ka sii daayay madaxwaynaha puntland mudane cabdirahman mohamed faroole

Posted to the MOL January 27, 2009, 1:24 pm

Dhamaan Jaaliyadaha ree puntland ee north Ameerica gaar ahaan magaalada mataanaha ee Minneapolis Minnesota .

Waxaay taageerayaan oo ay ayidayaan hadalkii uu madaxwaynaha puntland mudane Cabdirahman Mohamed faroole ka sheegay idaacadda bbc hadalkaasoo ahaa fikirka ay maamulgoboleedka puntland uu qabo shirka dibuheshiisiinta soomaliyeed ee ka dhacaya dalka jabuuti.

Hadalkaasoo ahaa hadii fedraalka la faragaliyo oo uu siduu ahaa wax laga badelo inayan puntland ku jirin iyo

In qaybtii baarlamaanka ah ee la yidhi waa lagu darayaa qaybteeda in ay puntland magacaabato oo loo soo gudbiyo puntland oo ayan awood u lahayn inay jabuuti lagu magacaabo maadaama 4.5 lagu qaybsanayo .Haddaba dhamaan waxaanu u sheegaynaa caalamka oo dhan sida united nationka, urur goboleedka igad jaamacadda carabta ,O.AU , IYO wadamada reer yurub iyo kuwa hadda ku shiraya jabuuti waxaanu u sheegaynaa inaanu ku raacsanahay madaxwaynaha puntland hadalka uu yidhi mudane cabdirahman Mohamed faroole .

Waxaana ka mid ah dadkaa aqoonyahano odayaaal ,hawennka iyo dhalinyarada ,wax gatradka .

Meiji   

Nothing surprising about this development.

The Northeastern region was only supporting the paper government because of A.Yusuf.

Ever since he was played out at his own game by Nur Adde, that region has shifted back to its isolation policy of pre-2004.

Good developments and I said this months ago that A/Y departure would be a blessing in disguise for puntland, it's better puntland does not take part of the process and encourage the south to work things out before puntland and other regions can get involved. Once a real and inclusive government is formed, then puntland will be part of it inshallah.

Ina Yusufs’ remnants wish a confrontation between PL and whatever government Jabbuuti conference produces. It’s unlikely that will happen. Faroole may rightly insist that he ought to have input into the process. But as he spelled it out in his letter to the UN rep, he supports this conference in principle. And that is a change we can believe in :D

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

Ina Yusufs’ remnants wish a confrontation between PL and whatever government Jabbuuti conference produces. It’s unlikely that will happen. Faroole may rightly insist that he ought to have input into the process. But as he spelled it out in his letter to the UN rep, he supports this conference in principle. And that is a change we can believe in
:D

All PL leader must support the 'process' in principle, but in reality don't care for it. It's all a show to the united nations. Besides, this so called government will in effect only be able to control mogadisho and that's not even certain.

Puntland has natural resources of it's own, thriving cities, all we need is the continuation of UN aid and it will continue to be a prosperous region.

This so called new transitional government needs to be inclusive, instead of 4.5, it should be based on region. How do they expect thriving and prosperous regions in somalia(puntland in particular, somaliland as well) to be part of the process if they are not well represented. There needs to be real incentives for puntland to relinquish it's 'autonomy' and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

^^ It all about the representation in the new government. Xiin, you it well how Somali politics work. If they(pl) don't get they deem as their share, they will reject it out right. I don't think it has anything to do with AY at all.

Meiji   

''This so called new transitional government needs to be inclusive, instead of 4.5, it should be based on region. How do they expect thriving and prosperous regions in somalia(puntland in particular, somaliland as well) to be part of the process if they are not well represented. There needs to be real incentives for puntland to relinquish it's 'autonomy' and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

''

Its amazing how rethorics change simply because A.Yusuf left the building.

But I agree with you on the region-basis instead of the artificial 4.5 quota system.

Gheelle, as I posted in the other thread, PL have rightly insisted to be consulted on any member who claims to represent in the national body. The title for this thread is misleading. PL did not reject Jabbuuti process. Accepting does not mean relinqueshing thier autonomy as QA seems to confuse.

Originally posted by Meiji:

''This so called new transitional government needs to be inclusive, instead of 4.5, it should be based on region. How do they expect thriving and prosperous regions in somalia(puntland in particular, somaliland as well) to be part of the process if they are not well represented. There needs to be real incentives for puntland to relinquish it's 'autonomy' and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

''

Its amazing how rethorics change simply because A.Yusuf left the building.

But I agree with you on the region-basis instead of the artificial 4.5 quota system.

We live in a dynamic world, rhetoric will change depending on the political situation. :D

Xiinfaniin

So what exactly will this new government control, if PL and SL are both autonomous.? Is this gonna be a central somali republic government or a Banadir government?

Xiin, I am hearing that members of the new parliament have been sworn in today. If that is true, does that mean PL's demand was not met? Do the new members represent PL(clannish wise)? Those are the things that will make them to reject or at least bluff as in this case.

I do believe it is time for PL admin to play a real politics rather than this rhetoric of rejecting things out right. Go to Djibouti and demand what you think it's yours. Reason and be diplomat, after all, what ever the out come of this conference might be; you get nothing to loose.

The thread is a true reflection of the feelings of Puntland and its leadership. President Faroole has clearly stated his position.

1. Puntland will not accept anything that derails the Federal structure of the central government, any talk of “national unity” as a guise for centralization is not acceptable.

2. Puntland must be consulted on who the new MP’s are, since the formula is 4.5 and thus on clan bases, Puntland clan elders and leaders must be consulted and no individual or group can name who Puntlands reps are.