Sign in to follow this  
SomaliaOnline-President

Is the war tomorrow?

Miriam1   

There was noting that could have stoped the US and UK from the start all thier talk was just for show, never aiming for a peaceful resolution to come from it. The war is going to happen by this week , its disgusting how helpless the masses are!

Ya rabi, sometimes i get so tired and horrified...i feel that all this talk of war is from another planet..i was watchin a documentary on the UNICEF and thier work in Iraq, the country has one of the highest mortality rates for children.Pictures of weak helpess children on the tv was it for me,the idea that they are children in our world in this condition is bad enough but that thousands of them will die not because of thier suffering but due to American bombs in the next few days is surreal in a scary way.

Allah help those poor children and people.

This is scary walaahi. I'm off to hear that nutcase's speech in 12 mins. I watched earlier a British polician resign over this war, amazing! *Will comment later*.

Kool_Kat   

Pres. Bush, just said Saddam and his Sons must leave Iraq within 48hrs, or it will result in military conflict...

Another 48hrs of heartache...Ohh, All mighty Allah help us all...

mojam   

Coalition against Iraq includes:

Afghanistan, Albania, Australia, Azerbaijan, Britain, Bulgaria, Colombia, the Czech Republic, Denmark, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Georgia, Hungary, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia, the Netherlands, Nicaragua, the Philippines, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Turkey and Uzbekistan.

Muslim majority countries from the above list are: Albania, Azerbaijan, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Turkey, Uzbekistan.

Not necesserially militarially but also with other minor helpful ways.

but missing from the list the US provided the media are the major players, without whom the war would be impossible. They are: Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, UAE, Jordan, Egypt, Oman.

ZOLA   

THIS WHOLE WAR THING WAS A JOKE TO ME UNTILL LAST NITE ..WHEN OUR SO CALLED PRESIDENT MADE HIS SPEECH....IT'S FUNNY HOW U CAN TELL SOMEONE TO LEAVE THEIR OWN COUNTRY...I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HE WAS THINKING WHEN HE SAID THAT ... I HAVE TRIED TO MAKE MY SELF BELIEVE THAT THIS WAR WILL NOT HAPPEN ..BUT I GUESS IT MIGHT HAPPEN...AMERICA SEES IRAQ AS IT'S "SPHERE OF INFLUENCE" AND DON'T CARE ABOUT THE INOCENT PEOPLE....SO LETS ALL HOPE THIS WAR THING DOES NOT HAPPEN .

A.A

N.O.R.F   

looks like nothing has changed much since the days of alexander the great!!

its just the same thing happening again but just that little bit more modern

but remember the message on the iraqi flag, always remember that!!!!

allahu akbar!!!!

N.O.R.F   

Iraq latest: At-a-glance

BBC News Online charts the latest developments in the Iraq conflict. [All times GMT and approximate]

Thursday 20 March

1200 Baghdad denies firing missiles into Kuwait.

1144 British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw tells a press briefing in London that the UK and US had been left with "no option" but to use force.

1050 Iraqi Information Minister says at least one civilian was killed in US attack on Baghdad.

0951 US military says Scud missile fired by Iraq at its positions in the Kuwaiti desert has been intercepted by Patriot missile.

0946 US troops at Camp New Jersey in the Kuwaiti desert go on alert, but are given the all clear a few minutes later.

0932 Air raid sirens sound in Kuwait city, prompting many residents to put on gas masks.

0922 The UK asks Turkey to open its airspace to British warplanes.

0915 Iran closes its airspace.

0903 US defence official in Kuwait says US air raids on Iraq will continue for two or three days as part of a "pre-battle plan".

0847 The first group of refugees - made up of 25 Sudanese - arrives in Jordan from Iraq.

0832 Iraq's information ministry says Iraqi civilians were wounded in the US attack.

0824 The Palestinian Authority "totally" condemns the war launched by the US against Iraq.

0817 Saddam Hussein's eldest son Uday appeals to his Saddam Fedayeen paramilitary volunteer force to be prepared to die as "martyrs" against US-led invaders.

0813 Greece, which holds the EU presidency, says it regrets the Iraq crisis has not been solved peacefully in international unity ahead of a EU meeting to be held on Thursday.

0804 A security source says the two Iraqi missiles fired at northern Kuwait did not cause damage.

0759 British Defence Secretary Geoff Hoon says British forces are on a "very, very high" state of alert and that it would not take long before the attack on Iraq escalated.

0754 Reports of massive explosions heard in Kuwait prompt Kuwaiti and US soldiers to go on alert.

0749 Russian Prime Minister Mikhail Kasyanov says Moscow "expresses regret" over the start of the war against Iraq.

0747 Indonesia condemns US attack on Iraq.

0745 Kuwaiti defence official says Iraqi artillery opened fire on the Iraq-Kuwait border in the area of Kuwait's Rutqa oilfield and US-led troops fired back.

0728 Reports come through that the Nikkei share index has closed nearly 2% higher and that the Australian stock market saw similar gains.

0718 France says it hopes that war in Iraq will end "as soon as possible".

0707 Iraqi Oil Minister Amir Muhammed denies reports that oil wells near the southern Iraqi city of Basra were on fire.

0704 Pakistan says it "regrets" the US attack on Iraq.

0700 Reports of mortar attacks inside Iraq near the Kuwaiti border.

0651 China accuses the US of "violating the norms of international behaviour" and calls for its military to stand down before a full-scale attack on Iraq begins.

0621 Downing Street announces British Prime Minister Tony Blair will hold a war cabinet to discuss the military strikes on Iraq at 0830.

0601 Iranian Foreign Minister Kamal Kharrazi condemns the US attack but says his country will not intervene on either side.

0600 Baghdad air raid sirens sound all clear for second time today, after a second round of bombing on the outskirts of the city.

0530 Iraqi television carries what is says is an address by President Saddam Hussein, vowing that Iraq will be victorious. It is not clear if the speech is live or pre-recorded.

0445 Australian Prime Minister John Howard says Australian forces have already begun combat operations against Iraq.

0401 The US issues a global alert, warning of potential terrorist attacks to American citizens abroad now the conflict has started.

0350 US defence officials say the air strikes so far have been of limited scope, and were designed to prepare the field for more intense operations.

0345 Iraqi radio carries a three-minute statement saying that "the enemies of God" have "committed the stupidity of aggression against our homeland and people".

0315 US President George W Bush addresses the American nation, saying that coalition forces have begun striking targets of military importance in Iraq.

0308 The main frequency of Iraqi state radio is reported to have been taken over by the US military.

0250 White House spokesman Ari Fleischer announces that war has commenced. "The opening stages of the disarmament of the Iraqi regime have begun," he says.

0245 Explosions are heard over Baghdad and anti-aircraft fire is seen in the sky.

0129 White House spokesman Ari Fleischer says: "The disarmament of the Iraqi regime will begin at a time of the president's choosing."

0110 Former Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev condemns US military moves, saying the United States was acting as if the world was its fiefdom.

0100 United States deadline for Saddam Hussein to go into exile or face war expires.

0020 US National Security Council meeting ends in Washington. A senior administration official later says President Bush decided when to launch a strike on Iraq during the meeting.

Changed   

i know am late but we are on war and there is black howk down already and three oil tanks are on fire............