Sign in to follow this  
SAGAL

Daddi can you give me $10

SAGAL   

A man came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find his 5 year old son waiting for him at the door.

"Daddy, may I ask you a question?"

"Yeah, sure, what is it?" replied the man.

"Daddy, how much money do you make an hour?"

"That's none of your business! What makes you ask such a thing?" the man said angrily.

"I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?" pleaded the little boy.

"If you must know, I make $20.00 an hour."

"Oh, " the little boy replied, head bowed. Looking up, he said, "Daddy, may I borrow $10.00 please?"

The father was furious. "If the only reason you want to know how much money I make is just so you can borrow some to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you're being so selfish. I work long, hard hours everyday and don't have time for such childish games."

The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door. The man sat down and started to get even madder about the little boy's questioning. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money. After an hour or so , the man had calmed down, and started to think he may have been a little hard on his son. May be there was something he really needed to buy with that $10.00 and he really didn't ask for money very often. The man went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door. "Are you asleep son?" he asked.

"No daddy, I'm awake," replied the boy.

"I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier," said the man. "It's been a long day and I took my aggravation out on you. Here's that $10.00 you asked for."

The little boy sat straight up, beaming. "Oh, thank you daddy!" he yelled. Then, reaching under his pillow, he pulled out some more crumpled up bills. The man, seeing that the boy already had money, started to get angry again. The little boy slowly counted out his money, then looked up at the man.

"Why did you want more money if you already had some?" the father grumbled.

"Because I didn't have enough, but now I do," the little boy replied. "Daddy, I have $20.00 now... Can I buy an hour of your time?"

Hibo   

That's a Great One. I'm all teary now !_!

Here's one similiar - very touchy story of a girl and her father. A real eye opener!

Sometime ago a father punished his 4yr old daughter for wasting a roll of gold wrapping paper. Money was tight and he became infuriated when the small child tried to decorate a box.

Nevertheless the little girl brought the gift to her father the next morning and said: "This is for you Daddy" He was embarrassed by his early reaction. Then his anger flared again when he found the box was empty. Then he yelled at her: "Don't you know when you give someone a present there's supposed to be something inside of it."

The little girl looked up at him with tears in her eyes and said: "Oh Daddy its not empty. I blew kisses into the box. All for you Daddy."

The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little girl, and he begged her for forgiveness.

The father kept that gold box near his bed for years. Whenever he was discouraged he would take out an imaginary kiss and remember the love of the child who had put it there.

In a very real sense each of us has been given a gold container filled with unconditional love and kisses. There's no precious possession anyone could hold.

God Bless.

------------------

"He tried to be somebody by trying to be like everybody, which makes him a nobody."

NomadSis   

Sagal sis

that was ouch! I am really crying right now...those who ahve Kidds plzzz think about it..give all the LOve n Time to ur Kidds it worth it.

Hibo   

Sagal: That is some sad thing.walahi... I am all deppressed now!! cwm14.gif

------------------

Each one of us is a masterpiece in progress

Hibo   

cwm31.gif

OOHH ya raab that was so sad there are tears in my eyes for both stories,

Buying an hour from his father...... cwm25.gif

[This message has been edited by Jawahiir (edited 05-04-2002).]

Hibo   

if only parents should realize that family time is more important than anything else in the whole world

Sakeenah   

That is very sad to hear indeed family time is becoming thing of the past who knows maybe is the hecktic work schedules or maybe we are forever chasing dunya

if any on you nomads is parent please do realize material things or money comes and goes but you only get to watch your child growing up once that oportunity never comes back please do take advantage of that and be the best mom or dad you can be cwm37.gif

Salaam

------------------