Sign in to follow this  
Abtigiis

Prayers for Somaliland

Abtigiis   

British+ Somaliland, Somali+land???

Ilaaheey Somali without suffix iyo prefix haka dhigo walaalahayo.

May 2010 mark the end of this macabre fascination with qualified Soomalnimo.

Inta wax baratay mooye inta kale land'da danbe mafahasana oo islaan aan xidid nahay oo 'rer-aqoonsi-doon' ah waxay ku leedahay isku dad ma nihin oo idinkuna Somali ayaad tihiin anaguna Somali-layn. Qaar baa xitaa u haysta Somali-line.

ANTARA   

Originally posted by Abtigiis & Tusbax:

British+ Somaliland, Somali+land???

Ilaaheey Somali without suffix iyo prefix haka dhigo walaalahayo.

May 2010 mark the end of this macabre fascination with qualified Soomalnimo.

Inta wax baratay mooye inta kale land'da danbe mafahasana oo islaan aan xidid nahay oo 'rer-aqoonsi-doon' ah waxay ku leedahay isku dad ma nihin oo idinkuna Somali ayaad tihiin anaguna Somali-layn. Qaar baa xitaa u haysta Somali-line.

lol @ reer aqoonsi-doon, lack of recognition you might argue is a self imposed deficiency but by the same token another might say that lack of liberty is a deficiency forced upon you by men sidaad oo kale sagaal lagu dhalay. So don’t get too preoccupied with Somaliland lest you forget that after half a century when most Somalis freed themselves you are yet to shake off the shackles of servitude. ka kac meesha ninyow fadhi kuuma yaalee

Abtigiis   

Antara

I don't know what Antara stands for but I know what Antaram means. In advanced Amharic Literature, there is what they call 'Antaram' poetry. :D It is when the last letter and sound of the second line or closing line of a given poetry is the same as the last letter and sound of the preceding line (as is required of standard Amharic poetry), but when there is a disconnect between the message of the last line and the first line. Or in other words, when there is no flow between the messages of the subject lines. It, however, may be the case that as stand-alones, each of the sentences may convey a sound message.

For example,

Bomb'uu fikrish bifanaDHAA

Yiznab injii CanaDHAA

Meaning:

"when your bomb love explodes,

May it rain in Canada [so that I am fed]" - (wheat comes as food aid to Ethiopa)

In the Amharic text above, the first requirement is met, but these two sentences are not considered to be lines of poetry because there is no relationship between them.

The Somali analogy will be the followig lines:

Hadaad fiidkii qaxayso,hadaad qaad doonanyso

Quraankaa lagu qaboobaa, qiyaamaha markii la gaadhoo :D:D

Why I get into this didactic palavar is to make the point that while the two issues you raised above (lack of recognition Vs lack of Liberty) are valid and make perfect sense separetly, they sound a bit like 'Antaram' (neither here nor there poetry) when combined. The thread is about praying for the souls of possessed brothers and sisters in the North, who have willlingly plunged themselves into a self-imposed identity crisis and are looking for new parameters and definitions to 'reclaim' an identity that never was!Not about those who are occupied and are fighting back to be who they are. The two are heading towards opposite directions: one fighting to run away from what he/she is, the other dying to be what he/she is!! It is petulance versus survival.

Jacaylbaro,

I could have said a young Hargeisa girl told me (not Islaan), but this week was bad following Xoosh's gaffe's and I have no intention of apearing to endorse his sentiments. : D

Qudhac   

AT

waar somaliland hakuu dambaysee ka waran kuwii ONLF ee bbc ka sheegay inay ethopia usi dhiibeen..

after all that trouble ma gacmahuun bay tageen.

:D:D:D

i think its best we all pray for the ONF boys who have announced themselves to be of amxaaro origin :D

Kamaavi   

Quraankaa lagu qaboobaa, qiyaamaha markii la gaadhoo
:D

:D:D:D:D:D

ANTARA   

Antara

I don't know what Antara stands for but I know what Antaram means. In advanced Amharic Literature, there is what they call 'Antaram' poetry.
:D
It is when the last letter and sound of the second line or closing line of a given poetry is the same as the last letter and sound of the preceding line (as is required of standard Amharic poetry), but when there is a disconnect between the message of the last line and the first line. Or in other words, when there is no flow between the messages of the subject lines. It, however, may be the case that as stand-alones, each of the sentences may convey a sound message.

For example,

Bomb'uu fikrish bifana
DHAA

Yiznab injii Cana
DHAA

Meaning:

"when your bomb love explodes,

May it rain in Canada [so that I am fed]" - (wheat comes as food aid to Ethiopa)

In the Amharic text above, the first requirement is met, but these two sentences are not considered to be lines of poetry because there is no relationship between them.

The Somali analogy will be the followig lines:

Quraankaa lagu qaboobaa, qiyaamaha markii la gaadhoo
:D:D

Why I get into this didactic palavar is to make the point that while the two issues you raised above (lack of recognition Vs lack of Liberty) are valid and make perfect sense separetly, they sound a bit like 'Antaram' (neither here nor there poetry) when combined. The thread is about praying for the souls of possessed brothers and sisters in the North, who have willlingly plunged themselves into a self-imposed identity crisis and are looking for new parameters and definitions to 'reclaim' an identity that never was!Not about those who are occupied and are fighting back to be who they are. The two are heading towards opposite directions: one fighting to run away from what he/she is, the other dying to be what he/she is!! It is petulance versus survival.

Jacaylbaro,

I could have said a young Hargeisa girl told me (not Islaan), but this week was bad following Xoosh's gaffe's and I have no intention of apearing to endorse his sentiments. : D

Horta, I must admit that some of the things you scribble here from time to time are rather entertaining but today you fell short of that. ;)

Here I was telling you to leave recognition to those who know what it means not to have one and concentrate on freeing yourself. No pun intended but waxaad noqotay sidii tii tidhi “ iigu dhakhso waanada ragbaa i sugayee”. Ana ninkaagaas ayaan lahaa wuu is xoreyn.

Forget about Amhara poetry and draw some inspiration from Salaan Carabay’s elegant words of wisdom:

“Haddaad dhimato geeridu marbay nolosha dhaantaaye

Dhaqashiyo mar bay kaa yihiin dhereggu xaaraane

Nin Dhirbaaxo quudheed dugsadey dhaqayadeed maalye

Dhashaaday sugtaa xaajadaad dhowrataa abide.”

You must know that the nation of poets places next to no importance on African poetry let alone Ethiopian poetry. It would have sufficed if you told us that the oppression endured by our brothers in that part of the world is but only one of two components. Physical enslavement coupled with a psychological one is indeed a calamity. Nonetheless, as a red blooded Somali I still refuse to think that the situation of Somali Galbeed is as hopeless as you are portraying here.

Waryaa Antaram :D:D

Sxb gabaygaas Salaan ma tirin, JOOJI BILILIQADA, maxaadse A&T Amxara ugu caayaysaa sow idinka ayaamahan oo dhan lahaa "Dee Ethiopiana way inoo soo hambalyaysay, Hayaay citiraafkii uun baa xiga :D:D ". just being happy with only very few words broadcasted by Etheopian junior officer. :eek:

Abtigiis   

Dear Antaram,

First thing, all Somali's are effectively ruled by Ethiopia as we speak. The difference is some like Somaliland have willingly surrendered their will when they were no compelling reasons to do so; others like ONLF are resisting an occupation that is an unfortunate legacy of historical injustice. I am sure you don't think Palestinians are under occupation because they are less warriors than the Tswana in Botswana. But you cannot cry for surrender (by endorsing the cowardice of self-created factions and tired clergymen) one day, and accuse me of being Axmaaro-lover the next day. That is rank hypocracy.

I also tend to disagree with the judgements of the 'nation of poets' if they think African poetry is not to be counted. I don't know who makes up this 'nation of poets' but I have strong feeling you suscribe to the folly of thinking whatever is not sanctioned by imperial Albion or the white race is to be neglected as far as literature is concerned. I, however, fail to see how Shapespeare is a better poet than our own Qassim. Your innocuos gaffe there might be hinting at a greater maladay of lack of self-respect. For others to recognise you, yon need to recognise yourself first, as a rule of thumb.

Salaan Carabeey's timeless lines would equally apply to those who live with the indignity of witnessing Buuhoodle civillians (a place they call part of their state) ransacked by Ethiopian army and do not have the courage of even mounting a loud whimper. It perhaps applies more to those who endlessly proclaim their love to Ethiopia without a reciprocal gesture from the other side. It doesn't apply to those who are in trenches and the bush to bring the age-old occupation to an end, at a time the rest of Somali's are blowing a coquettish plumage to get wed to the Ethio's.

The problem of Somali's in the North is not recognition. They are recognised by all and sundry as Somali's. The problem is that they want to be unrecognised. They crave to be different when they are just Somali's. There are no Somali-marines as there are no Somali-landers.

Hunguri   

Dear A&T,

You have been showing an early syptoms of Oodwayne style of writing. Hence, you are losing large number of your customers. Please, be precise and upto the point

Regards,

Oodwayne ;)

Kamaavi   

The problem of Somali's in the North is not recognition. They are recognised by all and sundry as Somali's. The problem is that they want to be unrecognised. They crave to be different when they are just Somali's. There are no Somali-marines as there are no Somali-landers.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Odweyne garbaha soo qabta hunguriyow. ;)