Sign in to follow this  
ANWAR

somalia and somaliliand are 1

ANWAR   

Somaliland is a Somalia entity first of all. They claim to break away from the unity, but that is not the reality today. Somaliland today is a stable area with a governance and stability, and the Transitional Federal Government of Somalia is focusing on the rest of Somalia to be stabilized and security to be restored.

ANWAR   

Originally posted by presidentofsomalia:

Somaliland is a Somalia entity first of all. They claim to break away from the unity, but that is not the reality today. Somaliland today is a stable area with a governance and stability, and the Transitional Federal Government of Somalia is focusing on the rest of Somalia to be stabilized and security to be restored.

When we reach that stage, we are prepared to start dialogues with Somaliland people and authorities for the future and the destiny of the Somali people.

Castro   

When we reach that stage

Would you say it will happen in this century?

The TFG, like the TNG, is on its way out to sea. It's a government with no country and will die off as those that came before it did. Sad, yes, but realistic and likely will be how things unfold. I personally look forward to the next government in exile (on hold, in captivity, occupied, under siege, however you want to label it). I suggest a new name for them. TXG. Let's drop the transitional part. No more transition into rubbish. TXG stands for The eXtraordinary Government. Not a transitional government but one that is here to stay. It won't worry about who split, seceded or packed up and moved. It should just rally those who remain under one flag. Forget lands given away , or lost, to Kenya and Ethiopia. Forget Somaliland and even Puntland. Just get Muqdisho stable and safe. Make it a one-city state. See how many people decide to stay or even join that city-state. Let people do the voting with their feet. The Humpty Dumpty, that was Somalia, whom everyone is desperately trying to put back together, can't be put back together. There's just too many missing and permanently destroyed pieces. Humpty is irreparably cut off from Dumpty as we knew it. Let's be creative and come up with other identities for Humpty that may not be suitable for Dumpty.

^ old man,

so how do you suggest humpty be put back together? in the meantime, maybe we could put out an international tender for new 21st century colonials, powers could apply with their credentials and competense to take power. I mean look at the wonderfull job china has done for tibet, mongolia, i'm sure Somali- 57DF.gif would be a great success. Let me know if you think this a more reasonable proposal than the presidents! ;)

Castro   

^ This president, like the one of the TFG, is possibly high on illicit narcotics. :D

China would be a great 'protector' of Somalia in the 21st century. I mentioned this before and I stand by that earlier statement. The resurrection of Somalia won't be done by a stable government and EU/US handouts alone. We need a full make over and only China has the finances, manpower and the interest to make it happen. I seriously wouldn't mind living in New Beijing or New Shanghai. At least these guys won't come with bibles in their hands. Remember what Kenyatta said not too long ago:

"When the missionaries came, they had the Bible and we had the land. They said, `Let us pray.' We closed our eyes. When we opened them, we had the Bible, and they had the land."

P.S. I'm not too sure Tibet is a shining example of a Chinese protectorate. It's actually a pretty bad example. :(

ANWAR   

First of all, the decision and destiny is in the hands of the Somali people not in the hands of the international community. The international community operates through the charter of the United Nations and International Organizations. And in nowhere in that charter is a separation and division of nations possible, so the recognition must come from the Somali people through referendum, through acceptance and through willingness. That was the process of the unity from the beginning and it needs the same process. No country, no international organization can recognize them.

ANWAR   

[QB] :mad: :mad: :mad: SO **** CASTRO AND CUBA LONG LIV SOMALIA UNITE