Sign in to follow this  
Mohamed nuur

Osmaniya, Lets Return IT

Well i have actually made the script as a font for Windows XP only problem is that i do not know somali. I think if i marry a Somali it would be easier, any sisters interested?

mohamed nuur said wow ORGILAQE, i think you have a facinating point there, just casue we dont like to read does not mean so other people not only read the somali without any troubly(hmmmmmmmm,like me) but they understand the importance of histrical pride, light in a tunnel of darkness and its truly encouraging to read a story like the above, by the way, tell you dad to send me a letter

Well bro i dont mind asking my dad to write you a letter in

osmaniya script but will you be able to decipher it?

juba   

i agree with most here that bringing back the script would unfortunantley be "counter-productive" to somalia right now. advancment and modernization is of the utmost importance to Somalia and that can be acheived with the latin writing.

i voted for the script becasuse i thought you meant bringing it back just for knowledge sake of our heritage and culture not as the official language. it would be nice if it was brought back for only that sake beacsue it would be really interesting to know.

Originally posted by juba:

i agree with most here that bringing back the script would unfortunantley be "counter-productive" to somalia right now. advancment and modernization is of the utmost importance to Somalia and that can be acheived with the latin writing.

i voted for the script becasuse i thought you meant bringing it back just for knowledge sake of our heritage and culture not as the official language. it would be nice if it was brought back for only that sake beacsue it would be really interesting to know.

my proplem with PPL here at times is, they dont even know it exists, how many nations have a language forgotten, yet they still teach it at school for the sake of heritage, what you speak matters but your history and what you spoke back then really matter, and btw way this is not alanguage its just a SOMALI writtings, the somali you speak everyday written in a diffrent format.

and ORGILAGE yeah, i can decipher it, I am just wondering when i can get the the latter and yeah thanks for the offer.

and the last part. Yusufaddie mind telling me how you did that, give me some examples, like files that have them written in osmaniya, just wrtiing anything, it does not have to make sense. i want to see it that i s all.

Osmaniyah ought to be studied. But I think introducing it as "the" official written language would no doubt make other clan(s) feel inferior - damage their perceived self-worth. Not a good idea coz they got guns nowadays heh