Sign in to follow this  
Koora-Tuunshe

Maxaad ka taqaan degaanka Haylaan iyo Qabrigii... Pics.

money   

Yaa....islaanta awliyo maaheenoo? markeedii hore ? hadii sheekada xariirta saan u maqlay eey aheeyd, waxaa la dhahay Mr.D kooyto oow ahaa and he married from the locals ...so it should be her to have the bigger tomb but this is what patriarchal primitive societies do...they favor the guys over the girls...bad culture!!btw.. What language did he speak? since he came from further north ...overseas? I like the names of his boys...some of them are purely unadulterated Somali... and that tells something is wrong with about the fictional Mr.D, the tree, the boat, misses D and the whole thing? Mine are said to came from from the rift as the tale goes...So I got to consult with Leaky.

they are Somali regardless of where Mr.D come, so why should his sons not have Somali Names. By the way, just like Mr.D was a nom de guerre and his actual name was Abdulrahman, those names his sons where given are only nick names. By The Way that they are Somali because of their Mother, Doonbira D**, makes them matriarchal instead and not patriarchal.

Buuxo   

^Alla ba'ayeey :D ,IS that where the name Doonbiro Direed came from?...I was traumatised as a child with that name as a naanees,I thought it had other connotations.Waaba naxayey..yaa iyaqaan baan is'iri oo ku qarxiyey :D

Anyways thanks Koora.

Originally posted by Cabdiyo Cabdi:

^Alla ba'ayeey
:D
,IS that where the name Doonbiro Direed came from?...I was traumatised as a child with that name as a naanees,I thought it had other connotations.Waaba naxayey..yaa iyaqaan baan is'iri oo ku qarxiyey

Anyways thanks Koora.

Cabdiyo, you wlc sista.

Red Sea, please stop hating..

I will add Haylaan part of the places I have on my list in my future humanitarian endeavors of back home.

RedSea   

Qabiil is against site rules. You are trying to cheat the system by redircting qabiil based articles.

MMA needs to act.

Don't be silly! This topic is about the life of one man and the place he is buried, a pilgrimage.

He was a revered Sheikh/pundit. The fact that his nick name carries the conotation of Qabiil doesn't mean that his history is tantamount to breaking a taboo

You're just paranoid of the nick rather than the history and life of this man whom millions of people trace him as their ancestor.

People have a right to know and see tangible evidence of Sheikh Cabdiraxman's Mosque.

RedSea   

^fair enough. smile.gif

Sheekh.jpg

This is Sheekh Ibn Ahmed. Maydh, Sanaag. :D

...millions also trace their backgrounds to him.

Baddacas, ma maseertay adigana? "Millions?"

Anigana awoowgey keensanaa, oo kasoo faractamay Qubrus. Unfortunately, meydkiisa Qubrus ayaa loo qaaday lagu aasayna. :D

Originally posted by Che -Guevara:

^If there was a sole progenitor, all his males descendents could easily trace their ancestry through Y-chromosome which remains mostly unchanged from one generation to another. It passes down from a father, to son, grandson, great grandson,etc, etc. It would be interesting to do genetic genealogy on Somalis for academic purposes, of course it might have other repercussions.

So Xiin and Naxar, do wanna volunteer DNA samples

Ma dad nool in this day and age with a reasonable caqli miyaa jiro that believe that Carab lineage crap? Dad saas oo Soomaali maa nool aaminsan nin doon ku yimid geed koray iyo waxaas kutiri kuteenta ah? Mish macquul. Hadduu that said xabaalo meyd ku jiro ayaaba wax xaal ah since aanan u maleyninba.

Dad badan -- siiba the misguiged kuwa ah aamisana the unverified myth of Carabnimo -- maxee shock ku dhici lahayd markee their DNA isku aadin.

Aqiyaarta, baliis naga daaya magacaabida qabiilooyinka. Shortening the qabiil names or using one-letter to stand in substitution will not change the clear rules of the site. Idinkoo raali ah naga ilaaliya magaacabida qabiilooyinka. Mahadsanidiin.

^Speaking of shock, Many African American males submit their DNA for genetic genealogy just to find that their great great grandfather was white. Imagine the shock on these men's faces when they are told that they are part Caucasian.

Henry Louis Gates Jr does program that traces African American ancestry. He first did mostly for famous blacks but later incorporated regular folks. I found out from the program Morgan Freeman's great great grandfather was white.

web page

Academic research about Somalis might not be bad idea.

Naxar...I'm pretty sure you and I aren't related. I can say that with some confidence.

Of course, Xaawo iyo Aaden ee iska galaan, soo saas ma'aha Che? :D

I don't think folks that live there would allow any DNA testing, kalsooni saas weyn iskuma haayaan. Same with the claimed "father figure" grave uu Baddacas soo dhajiye as well. Shocking waxaa ka daran dagaal weyn bilaaban lahaa, especially knowing maryooleey because now that the myth dadka isku keeni jirtay as a "father figure" tol ahaan meesha ka baxday. Tolba naftaa imaan lahayd, waxee isku sabsabi jireen kala haaye meesha ma yaalee.

Miskiin,

Even though there are a lot of fairy tales about our Somali ancestory, yet there is no doubt that we share some lineage with the Arabs. Case in point we belong to the afroasiatic languages, Cushotic and Semtic being sister languages. We are different from other Africans in terms of body features etc.

Som@li   
Maskiin, Sxb Somalia history needs a lot of digging, Marka till you get something to dissaprove this theory, Afkaaga xidho. smile.gif