Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Jamal A Hussein Talks about Somaliland

Originally posted by Internut01:

Dont you have a life outside of SOL and Somaliland bashing?

First of all, speak for yourself, homie.

Secondly, I consider Shankaroon bashing a national duty which ALL true Somali patriots must partake in... ee marka suunka dhuuqso saaxiib-- calaacalkana yaree!

p.s

You know, when people are too ashamed of their views they usually post under a nickname switch. Might this explain why you switched your name to Internut01, Mr Red Sea?? :D

^^^

Well lets not be ashamed of bashing la-la land, okay? I mean seriously, what's Riyaale thinking, huh? Meesha ma guriga hooyadiis ayuu mowdey, or as in this particular case, gurugii Morgan(his former colleague in the Siyaad Regime)... :D

RedSea   

Riyaale agteeyda waxba kama aha. Adaa hadal haya 24/7. Dul qaadka iyo daacadnimada umada Somaliland ayuu ka faa'idaysatay sidii Siyad Barre iyo kuwii lamidka ahaa. Maalinta aan anaku rabno inaan meesha ka tuurna laba cali iswadiin mayso waanu iska tagi sidii kuwii ka horeeyey. Markaa adeer samirka iyo dulqaadka ha u qaadan inay tahay weakness.

first of all greetings to all the people of somaliaonline, this is my inaugural post.

Mr Somalia you are right in most of your comments pertaining to Riyale and and the UK FM misunderstanding between yourself and the original poster of this thread.

i myself have never really believed in the Somaliland experiment, and what little chance it had of succeeding has undoubtedly been squandered by successive regimes. it doesn't make sense, we are much weaker separated, politically, economically and even the Somali psyche will be adversely affected.

I have visited the motherland on numerous occasions and whilst there i evaluated what the ordinary folk really thought of their Somaliland. Needless to say i encountered a feeling of hopelessness and desperation.

The so called government was nothing more then a corrupted tribal leech, that sucked the vitality out of its citizens. It is true to say that if those Somalis of the north west had a better more transparent government then most likely they would have made some significant developments.

i know the people of the north west believe themselves to be victims of the late Siad Barre's regime, and his murderous policy which is well documented. But that i believe doesn't give them the right to call it quits whilst some of us are still suffering 20 years on. you don't hear of the tutsi's who suffered unspeakable brutality wanting to set of on their own.

Just think how much stronger we will be together if we got it right. The balance of a good civilian government and a strong non discriminatory constitution based on the will of god. yet as this may remain a pipe dream for some the current reality is far more depressing. Our collective name Somali is used daily by the world media in disparaging terms. Its become a byword for poverty, criminality, melancholy.

I'm not a romantic who calls for a return to the old days for that is before my time, and comprehension. But where some see no hope i see opportunity, where some see an insurmountable hurdle, i see how we can overcome it together.

i find threads like this that quickly descend into thinly veiled tribal attacks, utterly despicable and more so depressing, nothing takes the winds out of your sails then seeing your peers engage in tribalism. you have more in common then you realise, and i'm not just talking about the usual one language one culture mantra. why don't we have threads on the economic and political viability of a future somali state, instead of harmful rhetoric.

I wasn't born in Somalia and never claimed to have been, but i keep my Somaliness alive when i get asked on a weekly basis where i'm from. i proudly proclaim Somalia, not somaliland or Puntland or whatever enclave we all hail from. i shame people on a daily basis to think twice about typecasting Somalis into what the media thinks of us.

god willing some of you will think twice before spewing implicit tribal attacks, because its the one thing that has the real potential to divide.

anyways didn't mean to rant on, but look forward to posting some interesting threads in the near future.

we've tried divide and rule, hasn't worked so why not give United we stand, divided we fall a try. I know its a tired old maxim but it represents my ideas.

Originally posted by Internut01:

^Dr. Digle, dont you ever give up? :rolleyes:

Saaxiib, such paranoia seems unhealthy! The good Doctor's involuntary hiatus is not yet over. Until then, you need to relax a little and enjoy your stay on SOL. Stop having these nightmares!-It's not good for your mental health.