Sign in to follow this  
Peacenow

Road to a peaceful Somalia is through Somaliland

Peacenow   

First of all as a Somali, I must congratulate the success that is Somaliland. This 'country' is a jewel. A moderate democratic state that respects human rights, women rights and peace at home and in the region, free speech, is to be respected. It is everything, South Somalia is not. I'm very proud of Somaliland.

Now, I'm thinking strategically, I think the best solution for Somalia now is for Somaliland to be given recognition for independence by the world. Especially the AU and UK. By statehood, Somaliland would be able to consolidate its success further and grow economically stronger. It would have access to the world capital markets, World Bank and IMF. It would show the South, what success it is, and what is possible by Somalis. Once it sees this and comes out of it's animal behavior, then it would try to emulate it and then think in a rationally way, it could come into agreement with Somaliland and the process of reconciliation may start. That is a solution to current problems.

Well done to Somaliland

first, things are not as rosy as you piant them.

second, for every reason you gave for Somaliland's independence, there are ten for it to remain in the Union. Lastly, the only thing can lead to Somaliland independence is that the south remain in its current state forcing Somalis in the west and east of "Somaliland" to finally give up on southern somalia.