Sign in to follow this  
FIDHIN

Siyad barre and Snm

FIDHIN   

i wondered why didnt siyad barre just reach a peace deal with the snm and fulfilled their requirement instead of imposing them, wat is happening today in somalia wouldnt be happening and probably somalia would have produced oil,

Laakiin i belive somalia was gonna be a westernized country, because the president was a communists, so a communists system with booming Economy would ve gave birth to fusqi people, so i say alxamdulilah

Laakiin i belive somalia was gonna be a westernized country, because the president was a communists, so a communists system with booming Economy would ve gave birth to fusqi people, so i say alxamdulilah

Alxamdulillaah to what? To hundreds of thousands dead and dying? To millions of Soomaalis displaced and wali ka qaxaayo the country. To chaos? To perennial anarchy? To never-ending uncivil civil war?

Waa yaab.

Alhamdulillah kuye ,,,,, he probably means he got the chance to live in the west and thus he doesn't care about the rest .....

SNM didn't want any kind of deal, since they had clan motivated agenda.. never mind maxayse ka dheefeen, iyagoo lo'da basta ku qadaysiiyaan garanayaa. maantana you wonder the large number of shanty towns deweled by indigenous people at the outskirt of every town belonged to SNM..

SNM didn't want any kind of deal,

They desperately wanted a deal ..... it was Siad Barre who chose Mingistu over SNM and he got the results ......

Everyone has got the result of his intentions, but unluckily there is a side not recognised still the aftermath and pridely chanting their unfortunate fate, alas but they will recognise it sooner or later

Duufaan   

SNM was not a factor. They had very little military capability and was defeated by 1988. It was the corruption why Siyad government collapsed

Dambarsame, that side is the only survivor of the aftermath and still doing its best to stay strong.

Duufaan, the little military capability was the result of the collapse of the second stronger military in Africa ....

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

[QB] Dambarsame, that side is the only survivor of the aftermath and still doing its best to stay strong.

Waxaad ceebta u taqaan dad bay caadadiisa tahay ;);)

what kind of stregth and survival you are boasting of, since you used to kill and even now killing each other ( like the incidents occured burco and ceerigaabo lately. and according to your hyperactive temper it will continue) and the peasants armed and actuated to the battle field are still living grass-made cottages and still living under the level worldly known of poverty..

True .... Waxaad ceebta u taqaan dad bay caadadiisa tahay ,, so i don't blame you .. :D

Incidents happen everywhere ,, supporters clash, police clash with protesters and so on ,,, unless you want to compare that to the daily shellings in Muqdisho and the continuous war between different functions under different banners ....... then i understand the above said maahmaah ,,,, ;)

Saalax   

Duufaan, and who do you think liberated burco, hargeysa, erigavo, burco from the siad bare armies that was left in somaliland? it was up to the SNM to do the fighting every district , region, every city, every town, every village pound by pound.

FIDHIN   

the always come up with things like recognition,

african nation which is recognized means Loans from World bank and more corruption,

somaliland is not recognized and is loans and interest free alxamdulilah, a country like gambia is recognized, but not much better than somaliland,

the real recognition is when u regognize ur ability, and somaliland does have that, alxamdulilah tawxiid is increasing and you hear aazaam five times a day, an u pray peacefully. and god bless somalia

Qorax   

waa run in SNMtu askarti siyaad barre waay ka adkatay balse ayagiina walaga sii adkaadayo sheekadoodi rag kale oo tuuga ah aya sii afduubay sidaba shariifku usii afduubay oo uga baxay axdigii maxaakinta caynba cayn aduunku.

Saalax   

Qorax, but the SNM members are still present in the government and some are running for presidency and some are head of military units so you see SNM will always be part of somaliland future.