Sign in to follow this  
Intel

Somali violence 'worst in years'

Intel   

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6512799.stm

"civilians said the city was being shelled indiscriminately, and that bodies were lying in the streets."

Mogadishu and its residences are experiencing one the worst man made humanitarian crisis. Civilians are being bombarded indiscreetly. Rockets and mortars are landing on innocent people. Yesterday, I met Sheikh Mohamed, 70 years old disable man, as he was stuck at his home with no where to run. A tank shell landed on his home, killing his wife instantly and wounding his only daughter. The remains of his wife and the wounded daughter lay there for more than 24 hrs without receiving any help or chance to bury his deceased wife. Meanwhile , on the 2nd day an other rocket landed on the same house, killing his wounded daughter and badly injuring him. Mohamed's story is not unique, there are many similar stories through out the city. This is not just a war, but rather genocide.

Abdi Abdulle, Mogadishu, Somalia

No body can stay his/her home because of the heavy fighting going in Mogadishu between local Militia and Ethiopian Troops. I saw Ethiopians firing the fleeing people including old mums, kids and pregnant women, also the Somali militia are firing from among the civilians, so there is no safety place in Mogadishu these agony days of the worst war. This is unforgettable sadness in my mind, because I am wearying about my family's lives. I would say Allah may safe innocents in Mogadishu.

Mohamed Ali Madka, Mogadishu, Somalia

inalila wa inni ilaiyhi raji'un....this is just heartbreaking stuff :(

Xamareey waa lagu xumeeye yaa ku xaal marinaa.

Xamar iyo dadkeedaba maxaa dhulka la dhigay.

Maantana Amxaaro ku xaarxaareyso, dadkii ku dhameyneyso. One of saddest day.

Dagaalkaan waxaan ka cabsanaa kii Cali Mahdi iyo Caydiid in uu ka dhigo mid caruureed, maadaama Xabashi naxeynin ku dagaalamaayaan magaalo ay u dhalan, wixii dhintana oo dadweynaha aan waxba galabsan iyaga ahayn.

Shiirkole, Labadhagax, Towfiiq, Isbartiibadda, Jidka Warshadaha, Ifkaxalane, If iyo aakhiro, Isgoyska Cali Kamiin, Suuqa Xoolaha, Fagax, Wasaaraddii Gaashaandhiga -- xaafadihii kistoo ugu roonaa the last 15 years maanta dadkeeda dhulka ayaa la dhigoyaa.

O Xamar, yaa ummadaada u maqan.