Sign in to follow this  
Nur

The Successful Final Chapter Of Life.

Nur   

This is a translation of my Somali Language Post dated back in 2002 at the request of our Veteran Nomad and past Moderator Dr. WOL. Pardon my typos , punctuations and grammar.

Khaatimada Wanaagsan

The Successful Final Chapter Of Life

Success at the end of this temporal life is attained when a person finds comfort in doing all the right actions and accomplishes results valued by our maker, repenting from all evil and developing a new love for the obedience of Allah and to engage in all good endeavors, securing a dignified departure from life on earth.

The above fact is substantiated by a Hadeeth narrated by Anas Ibn Malik RAA, : The Messenger of Allah SAWS said " When Allah wants to guide His servant to do the GOOD, ( Kheyr), Allah uses that servant to serve Him by doing good deeds before the servants death" ; Reported by imam Ahmed, Tirmidhi, verified by the Mustadrak Collection of Al Hakim.

These signs can either be signs a dying person can experience or signs that others, such as family or friends can witness, dream about, or experience regarding the dying person.

1. Signs that the dying person experiences as mentioned in the Quraan Surah Fussilat Verse 30:

" As for those (who've given their true Allegiance to Allah) saying ( Rabbunaa Allah), Allah is our Sovereign Lord, ( Following-up that statement with) steadfastness ( on Allah's path), (at the moment of death) upon them descend the angels, assuring them " Not to to worry, nor feel sorry, and to expect the good news of the Paradise your were promised before"

That assurance and the good news above is given to believers who've earned good deeds with their iman up to the moment of death, and upon final placement in the their grave, and the day of resurrection and judgment.

In addition to the above verse, Bukhaari and Muslim have also narrated Hadeeths reported from Aisha, mother of Believers, that the Messenger of Allah SAWS said: " The person who is happy to meet Allah, Allah is also happy to meet that person"

The meaning of the Hadeeth according to Imam Ubeidallah Al Qassim Ibn Salam is that the above Hadeeth (contrary to wrong understanding), does not imply the hatred of death and its agony, because that aspect goes naturally with every death. Instead, the Hadeeth means that this brief worldly life shouldn't be preferred over the eternal life after death when one is confronted with conflicting personal desires on one hand, and divine commandments on the other.

Because the wrong preference of this life over the eternal life causes a person to hate the final audience with His maker to be held accountable for his/her deliverables to Allah against resources received from Him in this worldly life for a purpose . ( i.e. in the form of Intelligence, wealth, children, education, health etc.)

The Imam had further supported that meaning by saying that those who have committed so much evil on earth wish that they never meet Allah for fear to be held responsible for their past evil actions (since no one on earth dared to judge them). This picture is illustrated by verse 7 of Surah Younis, Allah says about the evidl doers " Those who are not anticipating our eventual meeting and audience, being tranquil and intimately loving life on earth ....."

Imam Nawawi explained the above Hadeeth by saying that the love and hate of Allah's audience in the day of judgement according to the Sharia is defined at the moment before Gharghara ( fast breathing just before death), after which repentance is no longer an acceptable option. At that crucial time, a person can vividly see her/his place after death.

2. The dying person proclaims the Shahaada according to the Hadeeth reported by Al Haakim, and others that the Messenger of Allah SAWS said: " A (dying person) whose last words are the (proclamation of faith) Laa ilaah illaa Allah,( No one is worthy to be held as Sovereign other than Allah), enters Jannah ( Paradise)"

Once, an Emergency Medical Doctor in the gulf shared with me (in a lecture) that " More than 24 patients, both men and women, have died in my hands. I have reminded all of them to say the Shahaada (proclamation of faith), I succeeded with a single patient to say the words of (laa ilaaha illaa Allah) after me"

A dying teenage girl was once asked to say the words of (laa ilaaha ilaa Allah), the dying girl responded to the woman who was reminding her the Shahaada : " Wallahi, I see from here my place in Hell"

3. Another sign is heavy sweat on the dying Muslims face according to a Hadeeth by Bureida ibn Huseib that the Messenger of Allah SAWS said " The death of a Believer is accompanied by a sweaty face"

4. The death to take place on a Friday Night and day( nighttime of Thursday's day and Friday's daytime), according to hadeeth " There is no one who dies on a Friday day or night who Allah leaves unprotected from the punishment of the grave"

5. Another sign is to die as a martyr in Allah's cause, in Jihaad, or while getting ready for Jihaad.

6. Another sign is death caused by epidemic, such as Cholera, cancer or infectious liver deseases accodring to Hadeeths of Sahih Muslim , The Messenger of Allah asked: " How many (of terminally dying do you count as) Shaheed (Martyrs)?, They said " anyone who is killed in the cause of Allah is a (martyr)Shaheed" The prophet SAWS said, " In that case the martyrs in my Ummah ( Nation) are few" the Prphet went on to say, "

a. A person who is killed in Allah's cause is a Shaheed (Martyr)

b. A Person who dies while steadfast on Allah's Path is a Martyr ( Shaheed)

c. A Person who is killed by infectious desease outbreaks or epidemic i.e. (daacuun/cholera etc ) is a shaheed ( Martyr).

d. A person who drowns in water/lake/river/ sea, dies as a Shaheed" End of Hadeeth.

7. A person who dies in a fire accident or (any violent death, by deduction)

The above are for General, as for specific signs of Martyrdom of women.

8. A woman who dies in labor pains or upon delivery of a baby dies a Martyr. It was reported that Ubada ibnul Saamit said that the Messenger of Allah classified the Martyrs and added the class of a woman who dies for bleeding during her labor or when delivering a baby. Her infant will drag her to Jannah (paradise) by the (same) placenta of (that connected them at death)"

I ask Allah for me and for all my readers, of all faiths, a successful journey back to our maker by NOT DYING WITHOUT SURRENDERING ABSOLUTELY TO THE WILL OF ALLAH"S SOVEREIGNTY.

Aamiin

Nur

2002 e-Nuri Softwaano Series

Dunyaa: Xalaasheeda waxaa ka dambeeya Xisaab,

Xaareenteeda waxaa ka dambeeya Cadaab!

Nur   

A reminder to Nomads, To Remember That Our Days On Earth Are Indeed Numbered, poor or rich, oppressor or oppressed, just or wrong, man or woman, black or white, Pr prestigious or lowly, everyone will taste death at one point, after which, there will be an eternal life, either in happiness or misery, depending on one's resume while on earth, so pay attention to what Allah has conveyed through His Messengers to mankind.

Nur

Nur   

Nomads

NASA says a severe solar flare will cause an electromagnetic disruption of civilization. The world may come to an end by 2012.

What is your plan B?

Nur

NASA has consistently debunked the 2012 pseudo-scientific, end-times theory. But, of course, this won't allay the anxieities of the faithful and fearful. In fact, this has spurred a cottage-industry of conspiracy theorists claiming that NASA - and presumably other scientists - are in on this cosmic collusion. Indeed, the suggestibility of the human mind is unbounded. Only scientific illiteracy coupled with stupendous credulity can explain why such voodoo claims excite the imaginations of many people.

Unfortunately, solar flares are not exactly the stuff of apocalyptic religious fantasies. Such natural phenomena follow well-understood patterns and processes. While it is true that intense solar flares can disturb radio communications and disrupt sattellite signals, and even effect local power outages, it is not the case that such solar events are capable of causing 'electromagnetic disruption of civilization', whatever that means.

One

made light of this nonsense, stating that the author of this fiction was probably someone who did not take enough science in school.

Nur   

As far as Islam is concerned, 2012 is a Christian Calendar date, nothing is special about it and it has no religious significance, I only posted it as attention humor for a more serious issue " Death and the after life". Nevertheless, Planet Earth and its inhabitants have a finite purpose. Humans and their fragile planet have a limited life time, and no natural occurrence happens in vain nor out of Allah's knowledge and plan.

Although this phenomena has been a natural occurrence for billions of years, no one has ever recorded its burst peaks, and if there were ever in the past any intense bursts of electro-magnetic pulses ( EMP) that could have reached earth ( 93 Million Miles), it would not have disrupted "Pharaohs Civilization", he used chariots to chase the oppressed Jews, not Predator Drones to chase the oppressed Muslims, Pharaoh's horses drowned in the Red Sea while chasing Oppressed Jews, could it be that the EMP would render the drones that are killing innocent Muslims useless?. Today though we are the most electrical-power (and Fossil fuel, gas pumps) dependent "civilization" on earths history, a massive EMP would probably induce a very damaging current and voltage surge that can shut down all customer services and information flow, and like Katrina it will only take less than an hour to demote a Superpower to Zero Power!

Nur

Originally posted by Nur:

As far as Islam is concerned, 2012 is a Christian Calendar date, nothing is special about it and it has no religious significance, I only posted it as attention humor for a more serious issue " Death and the after life".

You claim that you do not give the least credence to the 2012 hoax, yet you are all too willing to peddle it, since fear is one the basic underpinnings of religion.

Nevertheless, Planet Earth and its inhabitants have a finite purpose. Humans and their fragile planet have a limited life time, and no natural occurrence happens in vain nor out of Allah's knowledge and plan.

You seem to know many extraordinary things.

Although this phenomena has been a natural occurrence for billions of years, no one has ever recorded its burst peaks,

Pure piffle.

and if there were ever in the past any intense bursts of electro-magnetic pulses ( EMP) that could have reached earth ( 93 Million Miles), it would not have disrupted "Pharaohs Civilization", he used chariots to chase the oppressed Jews, not Predator Drones to chase the oppressed Muslims, Pharaoh's horses drowned in the Red Sea while chasing Oppressed Jews,

I suppose that God works in mysterious ways.

could it be that the EMP would render the drones that are killing innocent Muslims useless?. Today though we are the most electrical-power (and Fossil fuel, gas pumps) dependent "civilization" on earths history, a massive EMP would probably induce a very damaging current and voltage surge that can shut down all customer services and information flow, and like Katrina it will only take less than an hour to demote a Superpower to Zero Power!

Really? Does God have to wait for the 11-year solar cycle to reduce a superpower to nothing? Whatever happened to omnipotence? Or are the laws of physics too binding? Needless to say, if you troubled yourself to read what astronomers and physicsts actually say about solar flares and the effect they have on electronic equipment, you would know that it is not too severe, given the available technology. Risks, of course, remain. Your exaggerations have more to do with wishful-thinking than scientific reasoning. Besides, if God does not reduce the US to nothing on 2012 - the probability for this fantasy scenario is virtually zero - will you then pin your hopes of widespread confusion and chaos on the next solar cycle? It goes without saying that wishful-thinking coupled with morbid fear are, indeed, symptomatic of the religious mind.