Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Our new King what do you think?

Khalaf   

looooooooooooooooooooooooooool@ repeating da: “the large clan family I shall not mention it's name.”, “the large clan whose name I cannot and shall not mention here.” Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool, its official my favorite nigga here is Yoonis kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

check dis we are talking about “crowing” kings and royalty and Somalia is the poorest nation in the da world, cant even feed it’s ppl!.........hahhaahahahahaha dis shit is hilarious! My hats off to ya brothers kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. :D

Jacpher   

I don't think people should be wasting their time with such token titles and fake names. Malaaq, Ugaas, Garaad, etc are there to solve the minor disputes of their sub clan and have no authority over any clan other than theirs. I don't think such position bring any solution to the real political problems of the country.

PL admin has a history of putting such men on their payroll to advance a political agenda. Heck they could appoint a new king if this one opposes the Ethiopian military presence of Mudug and elsewhere let alone respect the title and the position.

^^^Its our tradition and these titles have been here for centuries, thus I dont see why we need to eradicate them.

21st century or not many nations have their royal families..

Emperor   

^^I agree with you but I have doubts about the man King Kong, his political career will end with this nomination I guess.

The king is first, followed by the suldaan, garaad etc. and they all are inherited.

One correction Sakhar. Suldaan is a general title for all ranks. Boqor is king, Graad is prince and an ugaas is like a grand duke and islaan is like a count. If you need more info about the hierarchy of the clan family we can not and shall not mention, look at pastoral democracy by I.M. Lewis.

On anothor note, for the people who have been downplaying the importance of these monarchs, they do serve an important role in Somali society. Persuasive ability has always been the real source of any suldaan power. How effective and how much they control depends on their ability rather then rights that come with the title. As for the new King "King Kong", I don't know much about him and he does not seem like a suldaan that could bring this unmentionable clan closer but i don't take his political backround to mean bad. Every Suldaan is a politicion.

Save from Boqor Cusman, and his young and distant cousin Kenadiid, the rest of these so-called isims were nothing but wise elders with limited authority. Even Boqor Cusman’s authority, though it had a dye of monarchism, failed to transition to a respectable sovereignty and was very limited in scope and function! Kenadiid, though he employed a brute and naked force to subdue locals, had developed some sort of governance and had a capacity to manage and claim number of townships!

^That was the reach of the said clan’s claim to monarchial ladder!

Now and today, there’s nothing that remotely resembles like a king in Puntland. The man who sports with royal surnames in his abtirsi is none other the current leader of Puntland states. Asna boqornimo ma taaban. As for the charlatan ‘King Kong’, that must be a joke wallaahi, I say!

So what is the fuss, I ask?

Duke, no one said eradicated those titles, in the 21st century they are nothing. Today the most famous rich successful individuals who lead their people aren’t from “royal families”. WE are in the 21st century duke. Learn to live in this century.

^^^Ok so in the 21s century the royal familes of Europe are dead? Or those in the Arab World, Malaysia and many other parts of the world. This is tradition and part of our culture why eradicate it?

These elders play a good role in our society, why play it down?

Other than their title they are nothing. What “good” role did they play in the Somalia situation? Let me give you the good news, the most powerful Queen who is the Queen of 16 different countries has very little political executive power.

^^^Dont tell me about my adopted homeland dear, I know all about that.

In Somaliland & Puntland the elders played a key role in the devlopment of both states as well as sustaining peace and worked hard at ending all sorts of clan & political hostilities. That is a fact. We would have had a much worse situations without their efforts.