Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Ms Edna Aden says Somaliland's Passport is accepted in Africa, Europe and America

Somaliland's FM Ms. Edna Aden Isma'il who is currently touring the United States of America attended a special reception in Minnesota marking the 14th Annual Celebration of Somaliland's Independence.

The Minister gave a lively speech in English Language to the participants whom included a sizeable number of Americans.

The minister then showed to the audience 3 Somaliland passports in which she said that she uses for her travelling. The passports had African, European and American visas on them.

Here is a report from Hadhwanaagnews.

--------

548_Picture_080.jpg

HWN-(Minnesota)-Saturday, May 14th, 2005 the Somaliland Community in Minnesota held the 14th annual Celebration of Somaliland’s Independence in Minneapolis. It was a memorable evening with a keynote speaker H.E. Ms. Edna A. Ismail, the Minister of Foreign Affairs at hand and entertainment by new and vibrant Somaliland performers that shook the ground with Somaliland song themes (Somaliland Dalkayga…Somaliland Dadkayga..).

Those who had envisaged a colorful night of amazing speeches, fascinating people and an unbeatable atmosphere were not to be disappointed with this year's Annual Celebration, with a sensational party being enjoyed.

First, H. E. Ms. Edna was welcomed to the floor and since there were some non-Somali speaking guests in the crowd, has chosen to deliver her emotional, yet precise speech in English. She reported the progress Somaliland has made over the years and reminded the crowd the need to be vigilant, continue support the efforts to rebuild their country, and to create grass roots organizations that coordinate the road to recognition.

H.E. Edna talked in detail about the meaning of freedom and aspirations to become a member of the international community. She mentioned the positive reaction she has gotten from the countless places and countries she has visited. When She was explaining how communities around the world are now warming up to the cause of Somaliland, Edna said, â€â€¦.Somaliland enjoys many friends in Africa and Europe who are very sympathetic to our cause and no one will not be able to stop us reach our goal and our determination to secure our place in communities would move mountainsâ€. “.Our persistent had paid off and we will never give up until the day we get what we deserve.†She added.

When Edna showed her three Somaliland passports attached to each other to the audiences and told them that she travels with Somaliland passport with US, European and African visa on the passports, the crowd went uproar with chants and screams. Anyone near the celebration hole would feel the pride and joy that being displayed.

Edna concluded her speech by thanking the community for inviting her to the event and asked them to work together, to depend on each other, respect their differences and remember their country they left behind.

Other prominent Somaliland Minnesotans have also spoken at the gathering.

Professor Ibrahim Ayeh delivered a historic speech that explained the road to freedom and vision of the future. Prof. Ayeh has emphasized what made Somaliland unique; it is strength and diversity, reconciliation process and the prosperity ahead. He asked people to enjoy their success and reject back words, tribalism and focus positive result that had able them to be were they are today.

548_Picture_083.jpg

548_Picture_143.jpg

548_Picture_151.jpg

548_Picture_111.jpg

Sky   

When Edna showed her three Somaliland passports attached to each other to the audiences and told them that she travels with Somaliland passport with US, European and African visa on the passports, the crowd went uproar with chants and screams. Anyone near the celebration hole would feel the pride and joy that being displayed.

waryaa suldaanka do you really believe this bullshit man? especially with the globally tightened security? horta maxay been uu sheegaysaa? was it necessary to say this?

STOIC   

Suldanka,what are the qualification of becoming Somaliland citizen to succeed in gaining the possesion of that passport?.Do you have any right to be citizen even if your only connection to the country is that your grandfather was born there (Hargeysa)?.Somalia was welcoming any Somali from anywhere around the world.Do you think Somaliland will follow the same foot step and allow any law abiding Somali to gain citizenship to this "African best kept secret" country?.

Do I think Somaliland will allow every Somali to the right to Somaliland citizenship? Short answer, Maybe yes maybe no...

In long answer, I think it would be beneficial to Somaliland to allow non Somalilander Somalis who want to invest in Somaliland or open up businesses the right to become lawful citizens of Somaliland. At the same time, it would make sense to allow a limited number of Somali people annually to become Somaliland citizens.

I just don't see universal citizenship for every Somali as a sensible way for Somaliland. What would become of Somaliland's elections if every Somali had the right to vote? Or how do you plan effectively if you do not know exactly the number of people that live in the country? It is just not feasible.

In your case however, under the current Somaliland Citizenship Law you could be eligible for Somaliland citizepship granted that you take the oath and abide by the rule of law. :D

Xukuumaddaha Somaliland iyo Britain oo Isku Afgartey sii Xoojinta Iskaashiga iyo Xidhiidhka Taariikhiga ah ee Labada Dal ka Dhexeeya

London, (Haatuf) Wasiirka Arrimaha Dibadda ee Somaliland, Marwo Edna Aadan Ismaaciil ayaa Jimcihii (May 20, 2005) Magalada London kula kulantay wasiiru dawlaha cusub ee Britain u qaabilsan Afrika, Lord David Triesman, isla markaana ah Mudane ka tirsan Aqalka Sare ee Baarlamaanka (House of Lords), kulankaas oo ka dhacay Xafiiska Wasarada Arrimaha dibadda iyo Commonwealth u qaabilsan dalka Ingiriiska, kaas oo si diiran loogu soo dhaweeyay.

Kulankaas labada wasiir ee Somaliland iyo Britain oo saacad qaatay waxa kaloo ka qayb galay Saraakil sare sare oo ka tirsan Wasaarada Arimah Dibadda Britain iyo sidoo kale Mr. Cismaan Axmed Xasan oo ah Wakiilka Somaliland ee Britain.

Sida lagu sheegay Warsaxaafadeed laga soo saaray kulankaas Marwo Edna Aadan, waxay Wasiirkan cusub ee Britain u qaabilsan arimaha Afrika, uga warantay horumarka ay Somaliland gadhaay tan iyo bishii May 18, 1991, sidoo kalena waxa kulankaas lagu falanqeeyay xidhiidhka ka dhaxeeya Jamhuuriyadda Somaliland iyo Boqortooyada Ingiriiska, gar ahaan arrimaha ay labada dal hore iskashiga uga lahaayeen.

Labada Wasiir ee Somaliland iyo Britain waxay isla qireen sida loogu baahan yahay in la sii wado xidhiidhka iyo iskashiga taariikhiga ah ee ka dhexeeya Somaliland iyo Britain, gaar ahaan dhinacyada siyaasadda iyo diblomaasiyadda, amaanka, dhaqanka iyo horumarinta dhaqaalaha. Sidoo kale waxay labada masuul xoojiyeen ahmiyadda ay leedahay ilaalinta nabadgelyada iyo xasiloonida gobolka iyo la dagaalanka argagaxisada caalamiga ah.

Marwo Edna Aadan Ismaaciil, Wasiirka Arrimaha Dibadda Somaliland ka ballanqaaday sida ay xukuumadda Somaliland uga go'an tahay daadejinta iyo dhammaystirka hanaanka dimuqraadiyada ee ka hana qaaday Somaliland.

Geba gebadii kulankaas, waxay Marwo Edna Aadan uga mahadnaqday Xukuumadiisu cawimada ay u geystaan Somaliland iyo dadkeeda, iyadoo marti qaadna ugu fidisay Lord Triesman inuu booqasho ku yimaado Somaliland sidii uu u yimi oo kale masuulkii uga horeeyay jagadan ee Mr. Chris Mullin si loo sii amba qaado heshiiska xidhidhada ka dhexeeya labada wadan iyo dadkoodaba.

Wasiirka Arrimaha Dibadda Somaliland Marwo Edna Aadan Ismaaciil oo xalay ka soo ambabaxday dalka Britain iyadoo u soo jeeda dhinaca Somaliland ayaa Gudomiyaha Haatuf Media Network, Yuusuf Cabdi Gaboobe oo kula kulmay Madaarka caanka ah Heathron Airport ee magaalada London oo socdaal hawleed halkaas u jooga uga warantay socdaalkii ay dhowaan ku tagtay dalka Maraykanka, waxanay Marwo Edna sheegtay in si weyn loogu soo dhaweeyey dalka Maraykanka, isla markaana ay la kulantay Masuuliyiin ka tirsan Maraykanka (State Department) oo ay ka wada hadleen xidhiidhka labada dal, iyadoo xustay in Masuuliyinta Maraykanku u sheegeen inay danaynayaan arrimaha Somaliland, ayna dawladda Maraykanku la dhacsan tahay horumarka Somaliland iyo dimuqradiyadda ay ku tallaabsatay, isla markaana diyaar ay u tahay inay wax la qabato Somaliland.

Dhinaca kalena, Marwo Edna Aadan Ismaacil ayaa wareysi uu la yeeshay Raadyowga Caanka ah ee BBC Radio 4, waxay ku sheegtay in caalamku aanu ka soo bixin xilkii ka sarnaa aqoonsi ay ka hesho Somaliland. "Maanta Somaliland way ka soo baxday waajibkeedii balse caalamku, gaar ahaan Africa kamay soo bixin xilkeedii" ayay tidhi Maro Edna Aadan.

BBC Radio 4 waxa uu ka mid yahay warbaahinta lagu waraysto shaqsiyaadka muhimka ah ugu caansan wadanka Ingiriska, waxana wareysigan ka qaaday Marwo weriyaha caanka ah ee la yidhaahdo James Nouthtie, o ku waraystay barnaamijka Today Program, waxaanay ugu yeedheen Marwo Edna si ay uga qayb gasho barnaamuj ka hadlaya waxyaabaha fiican ee Afrika gaadhay.

Marwo Edna waxa ay u sheegtay in saxaafadu wadamada horumaray ay had iyo jeer ka hadlaan dhibaatooyinka Afrika sida gaajada, dagalaalada sokeeye iyo musuqmasuqa, balse aanay inta badan soo qaadin waxa fiican. Waxa ay sheegtay in Somaliland ay ku gulaystay nabad, maamul dawladeed, hab dimuqraadi ah oo socda. Edna waxa ay u sheegtay weriyaha in ay tahay wax lala yaabo in Somaliland ay intaa ku gulaysato iyada oo aanay cidina caawin.

Weriyuhu waxa uu weydiiyay sida Afrika hadda u socoto siyaasad ahaan, waxanay uga jawaabtay Edna Aadan in hadda ay Afrika ka soo baxayaan waxyaabo fiican oo ay jiraan wadamo badan oo raba in ay ka gudbaan habkii xukun goosiga una dhaqaaqaan dimuqraadiyada.

Edna waxa ay tidhi "Maanta Somaliland way ka soo baxday waajibkeedii balse caalamku gaar ahaan Afrika kama soo bixin xilkeedii. Sidaa awadeed aqoonsi la'aanta Somaliland waa dulmiga dimquraadiyada. Taasi waxa ay Somaliland ku keeni kartaa niyad jab iyo harumar la'aan. Balse haddii la aqoonsado waxa ay noqon kartaa tusaale Afrika ku dayato."

Barnaamujkan waxa la soo daynayaa Arbacadda ee bishu tahay 25,05,05, waxaana laga dhegaysan karaa Internetka iyo raadiyaha BBC Radio 4).

STOIC   

^^^ Suldanka last weekend i attended S/Land night at my village-it was impressive.The night before the event i had a deep conversation with my uncle-who was at the time preparing "gabay" for the event(i thought this was the right time to question his stands on S/land politics).The questions-which are inquisitive-that i asked were, why Somaliland should be breakaway, is there any clan politics playing a role, and would Somaliland ever go back to the fold.The answers that i got were not different from the rest of die-hard Somalilanders stance in this political forum.His argument were based on the wrongs done to the notherner and that they existed separate from the South for couple of days during the independance from the British.I was getting in to the conversation at the time, i asked him if he will attend the LA meeting-his response was a mixed a reaction.He argued that his reason for not attending the meeting is because it is a sub-clan get together and that it does not represent his sub-clan. One thing that i learned from the conversation is that clan plays a big role even within Somaliland politics.They all do group think instead of individual think.Somali politics is one that will only change -may be after couple centuries - when all the clanism group think is getted over with by the Somalis.

*** i did ask him if i qualify to be citizen, since he didn't like my questions he denied my application, may be you will be of help when S/land becomes independant***

nuune   

stoic

*** i did ask him if i qualify to be citizen, since he didn't like my questions he denied my application, may be you will be of help when S/land becomes independant***

tough questions, and u didn't get the passport, how sad :D

STOIC

Sxb, clanism and Somalism came to this world maybe on the same day. They were ever friends and that is the way it going to be in the foreseable future. So sxb, anyone that says Somalis qabiil way ka xorowday is telling you TOTAL B.S. Trust me. :D

On your question of why Somaliland broke away? Sxb, lets be realistic here, did Somaliland break away or did it desolve a union? Lets first agree on the definition of Somaliland's action on 18 May 1991.

One of the reasons why Somalilander want to be on their own is that they just had enough of the Banana that grows in Shabeelle river. They don't want anymore of that overly sweet banana - they are sick of it. :D

On a serious note though, sxb, Somaliland is not at a stage where it is able to come back to a defunct union with a failed country, in which there is no interest at all for Somalilanders. Lets just look forward to a bright future where we both live in peace and are ever good neighbors. pray for that.