Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Hargaysa: [MorganVille]: April 2010, second year anniversary of postponed elections

Somaliland Elections Postponed Once Again

Nairobi 07 September 2009

Share This

Somaliland's election commission said it reached its decision after determining the vote scheduled for later this month could not be properly held in the current political environment.

Somaliland's election commission has not set a new date for elections. The latest announcement marks the third delay for the vote that was originally scheduled for April 2008.

The seven-member commission said it decided on the postponement unanimously, after agreeing that fair elections could not take place in the absence of proper voter registration lists.

The United States had previously expressed dismay over the government's decision to hold the elections without an actual voter list. Opposition leaders have accused the president of attempting to orchestrate large-scale poll fraud.

The election commission also said it hinged its decision on skepticism that any democratic vote could take place in the midst of the region's current political crisis as Somaliland President Dahir Riyale attempts to maintain his grip on power.

The members of Somaliland's Lower House of Parliament introduced a motion to impeach the president this weekend, which if successfully passed by the majority would require a two-thirds vote in the Upper House of Parliament to finish the impeachment.

The election commission suggested that instead of attempting a flawed election on September 27, it is preferable to see if discussions between the government and opposition parties can find a compromise.

The territory of Somaliland declared independence 18 years ago after Somalia's last central government collapsed, but has yet to be recognized as its own state by the international community.

The group Human Rights Watch had warned in July that human-rights abuses and systematic delays by the president in preparing the territory for elections was threatening the significant and unlikely democratic gains Somaliland had achieved since 1991.

Human Rights Watch researcher Chris Albin-Lackey says that the international community is in the position to put significant positive pressure on the government to adhere to its democratic constitution, but that instead the region has largely been left on its own.

The promise was that you will get back Sool by November 2007! WTF is going on? smile.gif . Are you going to continue to let those poor folks getting mugged by Riyaale ? This is outrageous!!,,,

SOOL is still part of Somalia, juts like Hargaysa. No recognition, no democracy, just Siyad Barre's boot licker Mugging the mighty SNM militia in Morgan-Ville. :D

Originally posted by Thankful:

Riyaale hasn't even gone there once, dont think he's done any mugging!

So when all your clan sites cry over the fact that the folks in Sool are being muggeed, and invaded by the "Hargeisa Clans" is a lie? I'm trying to make things clear now.

I can pull up a million of articles that they written about this.

Originally posted by General Duke:

SOOL is still part of Somalia, juts like Hargaysa. No recognition, no democracy, just Siyad Barre's boot licker Mugging the mighty SNM militia in Morgan-Ville.
:D

You don't have a country called "Somalia". That country is wasted, and doesn't exist. Ethi and Kenya will cover up what's left... cry me a river.

^^Sorry to burst your bubble, we are all part of Somaliam you happen to reside in a clan enclave in the NW, that is ruled by a strong man who used to clean the boots of Siyad Barre, and who happens to live in Villa Morgan in Hargaysa. :D

Originally posted by AfricaOwn:

You don't have a country called "Somalia". That country is wasted, and doesn't exist. Ethi and Kenya will cover up what's left... cry me a river.

It's disturbing to see how proud you are of the destruction of the Somali people.

^^^Yes the truth is Somalia is a failed state, and Riyaale, Udub, Ucid, Kulmiye are failures who are day dreaming about secession in NW Somalia. The secessionist movement of the Mugged clans of the SNM, is an example of the failure of the Somali's and Somalia.

Guddoomiyaha Xisbiga KULMIYE oo ka hadlay waqtiga ay rejaynayaan in ay Doorasho dalka ka dhacdo

April 5th, 2010 Comments Off

Hargeysa (Somaliland.Org)- Guddoomiyaha Xisbiga Mucaaradka ah ee KULMIYE Axmed Maxamed Maxamuud (Siilaanyo), ayaa ka hadlay kalsoonida uu ku qabo in ay DOorasho dalka ka dhacdo, aqoonsiga Somaliland iyo aragtidiisa la xidhiidha xaaladda Soomaaliya ee waqtigan. Waxaanu Xukuumadda ku dhaliilay inay ka gaabisay gudashada waajib la saaray.

:D

I never failed, my country is intact my institutions are working, my capital is not in the hands of anarchist, my president is not A pirate , the only person who feels that he is missing something is you Dukey, but your mini pirate state failed and Somalia as a whole is a total failure.

Thankful   

Originally posted by Xaji_Xunjuf:

my country is intact my institutions are working my president is not A pirate.

How are you institutions working? The leader of you enclave was elected into power by the people and now refuses to step down. Your president is worse than a pirate he worked for an agency that committed warcrimes against the same people he now leads, he has blood on his hands.

Cowke   

Xaji, failed? sxb 20 years you been failing. the tfg only got started in 2004 and is only beginning and it's recognized and has the support of the international community and majority of somalis minus shabab and hizbul islam!!!

As for somaliland, sxb lets be real. Awdal has nothing to do with u the second riyale leaves. SSC wants nothing to do with you. Heck even sections of snm want nothing to do with you and are bunkered in the tfg. But u will never see SSDF person that is in hargeisa supporting you except maryan mursal kkkkkkk!!!! Whilst we take your buuba, ina omar, etc!!! sxb different class and different league!!!

By the way financially speaking erigavo/burco peoples are using our A/4 AND A/5 somali shilling which is produced in Bossaso. They are financially liable anytime If puntland decides to stop allowing them to take ours notes, how will they survive? economical crash everything will stop for them and can be easily taken over by us!!! sxb we are nuffin like u, we know we own u but we dont boast about it, but if u start we will show u the truth!!!

Lets not forget half of your snm clan is depedendant on our port, where-as we are never dependant on you for 0!!!

Anyways xaji, your people i am sorry to say are in the hands of puntland mercy and can be dealt a severe blow anytime!!!