Sign in to follow this  
NASSIR

What is next after the debacle in Sool

NASSIR   

It seems to me that the temporary invasion of Las Anod will unleash the biggest assault on the tribal-led administration known as "Somaliland". It will go into the records of the history that this reckless adventure into the hearts of Sool will reverse many strides made by 17 years of unprecedented effort, that of the fever pitch financing of the castle they built in the sky and total breakdown of political institutions and public services.

Beware that the invasion has sewn the disparate threads that could have held together exquisitely this Nation of Sool for many years. The people of Sool are now positively doing their best to court success and muster all of the resources in the next campaign to liberate their ancestral city and to flash out the local collaborators who condoned the mass exodus of their people.

[i Preparations for liberation of Sool - whether at the level of Puntland forces, clan militia, or possibly the establishment of a Darwiishland liberation front - are either on place or in the pipeline. Time is on the side of those who own this land and against those who are trespassers. [/i]"

What Next in Las Anod

I will tell you Yaa camir the Riyoole militia made bige mistake and sure enough they will pay big price for that.

This is what is next for lasaanod and Burco, boorame hargeeysa ceerigaamo and many cities for the past 17 years did not had civil war. they will test the penfit of war. However, the greatest threat that so called somaliland would face from civil war in lasanod is from the spillover the burdens, the instability, even the follow on wars that could emerge in neighboring cities, like burco, hargeysa, borame and so on. Welcome to the new instability they created for peaceful sool and sanaag region where civil wars could follow one after another.

For lasanod the native of the city will came back shortly in their homes at any time.

Ever wonder why the nationalist fervor is limited to a few neighborhoods in Mogadishu but not throughout the rest of the country? How interesting!

Are you now asking yourself, though, why -- ah, never mind and let's just use your own quoted quote.

Ever wonder why the "nationalist" fervor is now limited to a one divided small town in Sool, but not in throughout the rest of the country? How dubiously uninteresting.

Then again, some would rather let their avowed, historical non-Soomaali Xabashi enemy than seeing another Soomaali set a foot in their clan land.

It seems some cannot sleep these days because supposedly rival clan is in their town. If they had a tiny or an iota of this feeling for their own country -- Soomaaliya -- and for Soomaalinimo, they wouldn't have slept for weeks in late Diseembar and early Janaayo of this year when Xabashi, in a thousand years of vainly dreaming, finally set their Xabashi feet firmly on Xamar, our supposed capital and xudun. We certainly did not sleep well in those nightmarish days.

Maanta Xabashi ku xaar xaareyso our capital and the rest of the country being a proxy. We cannot still digest this, not at least in our subconscious.

What was obvious and is a lot more clearer today: They would rather allow [and cheer] a non-Soomaali, historical enemy into their land and occupy it than see another Soomaali [clan enemy] set a foot in their small town.

It is despicably revolting.

Xoogsade   

^ Wallahi saaxiiboow, ninka soo dhajiyay toobigaan markaan fiiriyana, I want his little town occupied, markaan saaxibaday laascaanood ku abtirsado oo muslmimiin fiican aan arkana, I side with them and want this Somaliland entity who serves nonsomali and narrow clan interests to leave that town as soon as possible.

For every hypocrite, there are thousands of honest somalis whose worries are mine, therefore, I support the exit of Somaliland and its client local supporters to leave the town so the locals live in peace as they were. My support lies with the locals of that town who want to be independent from other clan fiefdoms.

Though I disagree with the existence of clan fiefdoms, I would be happy to see Laascaanood and sister related localities be free both from Puntland and Somaliland. I don't want Somaliland expand its Authority and add another town to its claim. And Puntland in return shouldn't be granted another town to its fiefdom once LA comes back to its local rule.

NASSIR   

Miskiin, how narrow minded can you sound. You surprise me with your daily spews and hidden motives not to mention your seemingly irreversible deficiency in understanding the difference between a National effort and Tribal enclave.

The TFG is a national effort endorsed by the international community. You can't draw comparisons with the situation in Las Anod, a peaceful city invaded by another tribe that is bent on aborting our national dreams of uniting our people.

I don't know what to argue with you or where we should start from this. The Somali government can ask, according to the internatiol law, principles, norms, the assistance of another nation. Why do we have Ugandan troops in the port. They themselves were attacked by the Islamists yesterday.

According to the international press, "Asked if Uganda would pull out of Somalia, he said: "We have a mission and the mission has not yet been completed. The Burundian contingent is also going to be deployed soon. The force commander is currently in Bujumbura over the issue."

Such is the hallmark of the efforts the internatinal community extends to the hapless Somalis while you are here condoning the daily killings of innocent people, children and public officials.

Ps. Your symapthy with the people of Sool is never asked and your are free to hold your views but refrain from hypocritically mixing the two.

Garyaqan, thanks for the insight. I think that where things will head.

Xoogsade   

^ Does one need permission for sympathy? it is moral to oppose aggression of any kind from anyone, and unlike you, there are somalis who don't justify for themselves the loss and discomfort of others if they aren't affliated clanwise.

And I doubt if you would support the criminal enterprise of the TFG if your clan was on the recieving end of the Xabashi and Clan Militia violence, just as Muqdisho residents were and still are on the recieving end and bear the brunt of the Occupation of the Unwelcome Xabashi troops housed in town to guard their favourite warlords.

I know 100% that the concern of Muqdisho residents is not yours and will never be unless Allah looks kindly towards you and puts some light in your heart.

to liberate their ancestral city and
to flash out the local collaborators
who condoned the mass exodus of their people.

It is tat easy huh ?? ,,,, flash out the local collaborators ?? ,,, so a sub-clan will fight against another sub-clan to flash them out ??

Civil war isn't it ??

Can they ??

Isn't that a negative impact for the reer Sool ?? ,,,,

That is what Somaliland will now allow at all ... and the mentally fit Garaads will never do that to their people ,,, i know it is the tunes played by the Fadhi-ku-dirir individuals living abroad but that will never happen on the ground.

Talks are smoothly going on there and all the different sides will share the new management of the region.

Ps. Your symapthy with the people of Sool is never asked and your are free to hold your views but refrain from hypocritically mixing the two.

Meel kulul ayee kaa taabatay my post, haye?

Sool iyo Laascaanoodba midkood ma iga xigtid, waana deegaan Soomaaliyeed, waana Sayidka meeshuu halgankiis dheeraa ugu badneed. Then again maxaa laga weydiinaa ama la xasuusinaa meel uu Sayidka [Eebba naxariistiis iyo janadiis haka waraabiyee] ugu halgamay Soomaalinimo jiritaankeeda, in isla meeshaas maanta ka xigso isdhaho mid maanta Xabashi -- one of the enemies Sayidka fought hard against -- u adeegaayo.

Tell me who will Sayidka maanta la halgami lahaa, oo ayna seeftiis ku dhici lahayd? Dowlad ku sheega Xabashi kaaraheeda u dul saaran? Ama kuwa xaq u dirirka iyo gobanimo doonka? You would have probably called his struggles against Xabashadda another xaafad, miyaa?

Caalamka kulahaa. Xabashi Soomaali ku xasuuqaayo Soomaaliya [including Soomaali Galbeed], ku ciribtiraayo Soomaalinimo whenever it can get opportunity at, isla Xabashadaas aad u alaalaseysid only because naceyb loo qabo a certain clans and maxaa-iga-galay attitude since because dadka la xasuuqaayo are not from my fellow clans.

Is that so? Is that how the thinking goes? Is that the prism you look from? Surely. Not from walaaltinimo. Not from Soomaalinimo. Not from Islaanimo. Xaasidnimo iyo maxaa iga galay.

But unlike you, we are not going to say maxaa iga galay waxa ka dhacaayo in Laascaanood iyo xaqdaradda ka socoto. We stand rightfully whoever stands for Soomaalinimo and unity; we also condemn the disruption of peace of that deegaan.

However, we -- especially I -- do not side with those with clanish agendas masqueraded as nationalist struggles. Not with those who weep or ragingly whose blood boils for clan reasons and not for Soomaali reasons. Not those who do not see the Xabashi grand scheme because wrongly they believe it advances their open clanish agendas, regardless how the Xabashi occupation destructs, massacres, pillages, plunders the country and Soomaali people.

I will not call you hypocrite or whatnot since name-calling is not my fort, laakiin inconsistencies and the obvious self-contradicting messages iska yareey.

Hunguri   

I beleive, those claiming they are honest,and clean from tribalism or certain poltical interest serving for their fevourties, should be fair in the situation of Somalia. What amaze me most, is that when you see some1 telling you he is honest,and fair on top of that clean. And, at the end of the day losing his stored anger. Laascaanood or Sool and what happened in Mogadisho should not be a gambling game between you guys. How come on earth we gamble over the sufferings of the Civilians. And, post such posts where some of us have been lately claiming. Oooh You guys from such region were gloating over Mogadisho bombings, So be it Sool today. Subxaan. Dee waataa Somalidu. Bari horaan sheegayoo anigu idhi wallaahi wax nadiif ah ma jiraan....

Fabregas   

Caamir, Cadde Muse it to blame for the "debacle". He sent most of the army to die for Meles Zenawi and be ripped apart by roadside bombs in Muqdisho. Whilst the rest were unpaid, unfed and lacked the basis skills and machinery. In any case there will not be a sudden rush to a clan war as some would hope.All political leaders and traditonal leaders will meet in a large gathering of the mentioned clan.

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar:

Caalamka kulahaa. Xabashi Soomaali ku xasuuqaayo Soomaaliya [including Soomaali Galbeed], ku ciribtiraayo Soomaalinimo whenever it can get opportunity at, isla Xabashadaas aad u alaalaseysid only because naceyb loo qabo a certain clans and maxaa-iga-galay attitude since because dadka la xasuuqaayo are not from my fellow clans.

[/QB]

Your questoins are irrelevant to the topic at hand but still it is not the TFG that are causing this mayhem but those who hide underneath the protection of the civilians, those clannist insurgents who had held the public property and loot ever since the collapse of Somali regime and those whose political aspiration lies with maintaining anarchy and those whose mindless tactics and lack of foresight excluded the whole Somalis from their short-lived rudderless Islamic fiefdom.

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

I know 100% that the concern of Muqdisho residents is not yours and will never be unless Allah looks kindly towards you and puts some light in your heart. [/QB]

Mogadishu is a Somalia's capital and majority of its residents fully subscribe to the plans of the TFG for now and later. If I were you, I would have condemned the few insurgents and their satanical method of resistance.

Fatah-Al-Sumal, I know Puntland does not bear the usual marks of a functioning regional state, but it was a hard lesson that will never led to another forcible seizure of Las Anod and as the Economist stated that this was quite anticipated from the secessionists.

I called for the extension of TFG's mandate to enable the completion of its unfinished job. Its work was seriously hampered by the rift of the then MPs, house speaker, the international pressure on the government to accomodate the good elements of the Islamist(which I also advocated) and now the heads of state and government. As of now, it is difficult for the TFG to carry out national census, write the constitution or establish functioning regional adminstrations.

Hunguri, I only raise a number of critical thinking questions of our national affairs which can be employed as springboards for further discussion. It appears nevertheless that some folks here look after the interests of their own clan(s) above our national interest. When will they realize that a bad government is much better than a no government at all

Xoogsade   

Caamir, as usual, and like the rest of the TFG crew, you are dishonest. I present here what I thought about the TFG and A/Y in 2004 without elaboration. All decent somalis oppose the TFG on moral grounds even though they supported initially the idea of change.

Originally posted by Xoogsade:

Does an online opinion matter except to show where one stands on the issues?

I think people who support Abdullahi Yusuf for tribal reasons are as corrupted and bigotted as those who oppose him for the same reason. Such people/groups are the ones who spoil for the rest, one group among them making a national issue private tribal business while their counterparts are simply objecting to the common good based on the same principles others are basing their support on. Both are personalizing something not personal.

We should let Somalis back home decide what they want while we hold on to our opinions for a later occassion when appropriate. If you are bitter about Abdullahi yusuf, Waa la doogiye yaan la dacaroon
;)
many don't like him but want to use him as the stepping stone for a better future. The alternative might have been the same or worse anyway. Actually more hopeless if it came to resolving certain issues. So Abdullahi Yusuf might have a better leverage in resolving certain issues.

I think Abdullahi Yusuf cares about and is more eager to make this work than anyone else. If he can avoid the futility of taking on islam, he has a chance to succeed. So let us wait and see. What is there to fear? Things are very personal and tribal in Somalia, and a government better walk on a fine line before things dwindle down to "Give me liberty or give me death". That is how it will be in the country if people become dissatisfied with the government and its corrupt policies. Marka, for those who can't wait and don't have the patience, let things play out and hope for the best. Stop objecting for the sake of objection or you don't like someone. Think about your relatives in XAMAR who dealt with the most violence in the last fourteen years. Sidaan maslaxad iney ugu jirtaa laga yaabaaye, hold on to your criticism for a while and see how it works. Let us hope the new government makes the right decisions in the best interest of Somalis.

http://www.somaliaonline.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=002408

Xoogsade   

Obviously, I was delusionally hopeful that a bloody warlord would bring change to plighted people and give them hope where there was non. He displaced quarter million of them who live under the trees and pay money for the shade to clan militia, plenty others were buried in graves unidentified after their corpses bloated and decayed in the streets of Muqdisho for weeks on end. The reaction of A/Y supporters like you was to justify shamelessly all that happened, and you still do while you emotionally cry in public about your clan's town take-over. You can not find a single justification for your clansmen's discomfort but have plenty of reasons so bloody cheap for other somali people's misery. Yyou are a contradiction. You even present arguments you vehemently reject as groundless when others presented with regards to Laascaanood. You all suffer from the problem as you are a group of loyal A/Y supporters. It is pathetic and reading you always brings this contemptuous feeling out of me.