Sign in to follow this  
Observer

Why African Nation...?

India   

Hello Matkey and Jeenyo.

Brothers, although I suggest Sharia as a expellent of some of our unruly ways in Africa, the main proposal I want to make is EDUCATION....a massive undertaking concentrating on educating our people. One reason I say that is you will agree with me that most people unite on interests. If we are to take Somalia as a case study here, now the only thing that our people unite under is sadly "qabil". Each child is thought he or she is this and that instead of being sent to school to learn and broaden his/her horizons and drive thier imagination. Now Education will group people under interests ie environmentalists, scientists, economists. etc

Oh and this is so my dream for my beloved homeland and equally beautifull people despite thier short comings (mainly Qabil). I think we can be great nation again "insha allah".

Ideas

People

we

are

after

all

today's people

and

tomorrow's hope

and

yesterday's history

so

lets dream

and

build

a

strong foundation

that

one day

a strong nation can stand.

Angel dust :Peace smile.gif

every where (insha allah)

Matkey   

Hi Dust,

"Now Education will group people under interests ie environmentalists, scientists, economists. etc"

I understand your point. But how would these change the human behaviour? What i mean is that we have many "educated" people in Africa, and yet our condition has not changed for the better.

These so-called educated people are the ones who perpetuate our existing economic and political conditions. attaining degree from academy of higher learning will not make someone a good human being. I agree the fact that schools train and teach students add, subtract, literature, and so on. It also teaches to obey the rule of law, and rule of good behaviour. But what rule of law are we talking about? If you remember, my first argument was to disengage from western ideology. Then how would someone who is educated in western Hampshire can build or construct ideology that suits our social structure?

Western education is set up to fit their own structure. In other words, western education system promotes western political system or I should say ideology. As I stated, I am oppose to capitalism ideology. Besides, for the dominant group or class, school has become means to control society. What imean is that only few corporate people benefits from this system, while masses are drawn in the factories, hard labors and so on. We do not have social stratification in Africa where the rich exploit the poor. Unarguably, we have tribal and ethnic conflict in africa. we never had historical antagonism in Africa. As you know Somalis are the generous people—what I have is yours... We like to help the one another despite our tribal differences. We are not individualistic people driven by material world unlike the westerns. As we all know these societies measure everything on the basis of dollar values instead of human values. They basically use Hobbsian and Machiavellian approach in order to survive. This is why I strongly argued that their survival depends on our state of dependency.

I am not insinuating that everyone who is educated in this part of the world had failed to recognize the root cause of our problem. But I have seen many africans who were brain washed or indoctrinated by this system, and all they do is critizise africa for its problem. All we need is some tolerance and respect and sense of belonging society as whole rather than qabiil. I believe this is not something people gain from schools and universities. It is intrinsic to humans. I have seen PhD holder talking about QABIIL—aniga ayaa gob ah iyo adig waa lagaa tira badan yahay, reerkeena waa libaaxyo and son on.

I am receptive to your ideas

thanks

Bakar   

I agree with your idea and I believe many of our brothers and sisters will agree with your point.

good idea,

Saransoor