Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Winners Losers and the fate of Somalia :post TFG

Emperor   

Generale, Puntland got nothing from the TFG, nether recieved a dime nor made any small progress as a result of it, it's demise will least affect Puntland.

Emperor I agree with you on that, but we invested in the project and got bad returns.

The one real advantage is our battle hardened troops who have managed to stay in hostile territory with little political support for over three years.

Their return will help Puntland security and the return of our region SOOL back to the core.

I belive we will be the true winners in a few years insha Allah.

Qudhac   

Duke

believe me somaliland neither sees these latest developments in chaotic somalia as good for them or bad. we consider all of the factions within the TFG as a parties we cannot work with as none of them can be considered to have any authority in somalia so how can we work with paper governments.

somaliland position has always been clear we will talk with any proper government that emerges from somalia whom has proper authority in somalia not paper government that is installed by foreign power but one that represents the will of somalia and its people, once that condition is met somaliland will talk with that government to discuss how to create condition that will allow that two states to co-exist peacefully in harmony.

Somaliland does not need somalia to be in caost indeed its the opposite the whole reason why somaliland legal status has been unresolved is because there is no partner for somaliland to talk to and most countries do not want to take bilateral action to recognised somaliland while somalia is a failed state with no legal government to represent it.

if somaliland needed somalia to be in constant caost then somaliland and its authorities would constantly be playing those munafaqnimo politics you see being played in somalia, instead somaliland constantly calls all parties to solve their differences using somali methods instead of going around the world with begging bowl.

The problem is each new baffon that is selected in foreign country by forieng powers claims to be suppreme leader of all somalis withought even setting foot in somalia, so why should somaliland work with people who are so removed from reality on the ground in 2009 (almost)like the TFG and others before them.

one thing i agree with you is that C/y is no Worse than any of those other baffons who are foreign agents and funded by international shaddy organisations.

no one can deny C/Y tried something but am afraid he tried something totally wrong which proven to never work and that is to get something done by force using foreign muscle on somalis and am afraid it simply back fired on him.

as for today somaliland is how it was the day he came to power and the day he left he is no different to those before him who claim to rule from seylac to rambakose--whatever they all simply got ignored... until they faded into the abbys of history have asked yourself why somaliland or even puntland is still here

is here because its the project of the people its their making their dreams their hopes not omer Geels not Melez or even riyaale Cigaal Or Tuurs or any other indivifuall.

So my friend if we forget this silly games for second why can you and others see these so called peace processed that are work of foriegn powers will never bring peace and government to somalia.

another thing i have never understood is why people from somalia just follow an individuall instead of system so blindly, in somaliland you dont see someone following Riyale or siilanyo or warabe no matter what they do, people will go with who they think has most sensible form of government and ideas.

One must not mistake my analysis of the correct situation ad an endorsement of the secessionist’s camp or their agenda. I have highlighted they got an advantage today because of their non participation. However as the term goes who dares wins. The Somali situation is quite complex however the players in the south’s energy has been spent on preventing Yusuf from getting a great hold on power and for this they have destroyed property and caused the deaths of a multitude of civilians.

The Hargaysa group now have to deal with a Puntland pre 2004, united with their armed forces returning from the south, battled hardened facing the same old loud mouth but not very tough militias of Riyaale.

The Puntland elections will rap up in less than two weeks which should allow for swift decision making, while Hargaysa is ties up selling the big lie of mass election, to confuse the west however people are energized and so is Riyaale in staying in power.

One does not doubt that Puntland has the moral and material authority to defeat the secessionist in SSC regions without much problems once the troops are in position and the old warrior retires.

Thus to Qudhac and Co, to the Duke secessionists pose little threat to Puntland, the great danger is the Al Shabaab, Ethiopia and our own incompetence after that we might think about our loud mouth but little substance brothers in Hargaysa.

Thankful   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

Just to remind you guys ,,, we're still the winners ,,
:D

Really? I think the SSC and ONLF would have something to say about that!

Qudhac   

Originally posted by General Duke:

The one real advantage is our battle hardened troops who have managed to stay in hostile territory with little political support for over three years.

Their return will help Puntland security and the return of our region SOOL back to the core.

I belive we will be the true winners in a few years insha Allah.

JB

WAIT WAIT WAIT.....

BEFORE YOU CLAIM VICTORY REMEMBER PUNTLAND BATTLE HARDENED TROOPS AND PARA TROOPERS ARE STILL ON THEIR WAY..... :D

Duke

how long are they taking to reach us its only been years :D:D

Thankful   

The same time that one of your presidents will actually visit the city, what has it been now 8 years?

Puntland doesn't need to do anything, the SSC has ensured that election officials didnt come there and have defended their land by routinely capturing your militia.