Sign in to follow this  
DigibAc

Does the TFG have a vision?

DigibAc   

Does the TFG have a vision? Has this vision been articulated?

The reason so many people supported the ICU (at first) was because of it seemed to have a vision for Somalia. In hindsight, it is clear that the ICU leadership was a collection of religion of zealots who were unschooled in the working of Somali politics. They made political mistake after political mistake. Still they won the heart of the people (my hearth included) because they had a vision, a dream.

I don’t think the TFG has a vision, for Somalia. Why?

Because what vision of Somali requires foreigners? Why are they begging the world for money if they had a vision for us? If they have a vision for Somalia, they should be begging the Somali people for money and men. Why are they begging the AU for troops? Why haven’t they asked the Ethiopians to leave yet?

I’ll tell you why! Because they have no vision to win our hearths! So they seek to impose themselves on us at the point of the foreigners gun!

RedSea   

The ICU was by far contained the most educated somalis.Including politicians of the former and later,educataters from school in the west.Ulama awdiin,well respected and not zealots.

compare to illy educated,current and x-warlords of the TFG who lack the least amount of qualification to lead a country.Quite honestly that is showing as they are being puppets to foreing influence.

Yes they do, of course they do. You didn’t know? The TFG has a solid vision, one that is not to be reckoning with. A vision that Somalis or the nation of Somalia has never dared to imagine.

TFG vision: Assisting to sell Somalia and killing off the Somalis, weakening the country for their enemies, letting foreign countries exploit Somali resources and get rich well doing it.

Taliban   

Originally posted by DigiTalbAct3ria:

They made political mistake after political mistake.

You make it sound like all they did was continuous political mistakes; not so. Sure, the ICU made some mistakes, calculated and expected mistakes, nothing serious.

You seem to have all the asnwers to the questions which you pose.

The vision is a peaceful Somalia at ease with itself and all its neighbours.

The foreign troops are part of the the method to realise the stated goal. The difference between the clan courts and the TFG is simple,one group as you have said were clueless to the reality of the world. The other knows the real situation of the country is in, and is addressing this by getting as much help as possible to address these problems.

DigibAc   

^^, I have my thoughts, but I am also interested in the thoughts of others... maybe after reading their thoughts I might change mine.

General Duke, what is the goal that requires foreign troops?

Digit, the need for foreign troops is quite simple, we need to secure the country untill the TFG troops are ready, we have a quarter of the troops we need thus in a matter of a year or so.

Remember the TFG inherited a nation with no institutions, lack of security, with warlords, clan courts and businessmen like Cadaan running every major economic centre. That has now changed, thus validating the strategy, it is the TFG that controls every port, airport and 15 regions out of the 18..