Sign in to follow this  
Liqaye

Historical revisionism taken to extremes an attack on Abdirazaq Haji

Liqaye   

Maqaalada: Former prime minister favored dictatorship over democracy

Former Prime Minister Abdulrasaaq Haji Hussein Favored Dictatorship over Democracy in 1969.

“In 2004, supports minority rule over Democracy & Federalism”

I cannot say whether he changed over the recent years, but we can compare his past and present political growth.

The former Prime Minister Abdulrasaaq Haji Hussien has been one of the youngest active members of the SYL during the struggle for Somalia’s independence.

Without an immense educational background, Abdulrasaaq Haji Hussien had achieved in becoming Prime Minister of Somalia in 1964. He was known to be extremely divisive, stubborn, arrogant, and ambitious. In-addition Mr. Abdulrasaaq Haji Hussein lacked ability to unite and solve conflicts in and out of Somalia’s political spectrum.

President Aden Abdulle have straggle so hard even threaten to dismiss the parliament and used this infamous quotation “If I nominate Habar Kuuley to become my prime minister you must approve her” After endorsing Mr. Hussein several times more he was finally able to get Mr. Hussein approved to become his next Prime Minister.

As Prime Minister, Mr. Abdulrasaaq Haji Hussien in his revengeful nature continue to adopt divisive policies the so called “Pusto Rose” firing or lay off over 100’s of senior government employees without proper cause and replace them with his political partners. Abdulrasaaq Haji Hussein’s disapproval ratings in his own party (SYL) led to President Aden Abdulle to lose his second term bid in office by landslide majority to the slain President Abdulrashiid Ali Sharmarke in 1967.

Mr. Abdulrasaaq Haji Hussein is a man who is known to hold grudges against his political opponents even after their death. Recent example is his blunt statement against the president of Somaliland Mr. Mohamed Ibrahim Igal at his interview of the BBC Somali Section.

Immediately after his own party (SYL) voted him out of office, as a form of retaliation Mr. Abdulrasaaq Haji Hussein opens his own party called Dabka. In his revengeful nature, he began to undermine the leadership of the new democratically elected president Abdulrashiid Ali Sharmaarke and Prime Minister Mohamed Ibrahim Igal; some critics still blame him for the death of President Abdulrashiid Ali Sharmaarke, which subsequently encourage the military to overthrow the democratically elected government.

Later, Mr. Abdulrasaaq Haji Hussien has refused to lead or join the pro-democratic movements that began early 1970’s rather Abdulrasaaq Haji Hussein accepted to be on the payroll of the oppressive dictator. While all his pro-democratic colleagues have being executed or sent to long-term imprisonment. Abdulrasaaq Haji Hussien continued to represent Siad Bare Regime as an ambassador to the United Nation and worked very diligently to support the dictator’s regime.

Now, Mr. Abdulrasaaq Haji Hussien is hired as a free agent advocate and political consultant for the TNG leader Abdulqasim Salad Hassan. The aping former prime minister Abdulrasaaq Haji Hussein began to attack in his articles our neighboring country Ethiopia in-order to assist the TNG leader to receive financial concessions from Arab counties.

In my conclusion, the aping former prime minister Abdulrasaaq Haji Hussien and his latest ill written articles over the Internet demonstrates his divisiveness. Abdulrasaaq Haji Hussein in his divisive nature continued to proposed minority rule as a solution to the Somalia’s political problem In-addition to his views of being anti federalism and in favor of totalitarianism. I am concerned Mr. Abdulrasaaq Haji Hussein’s narrow scope of his views, will doomed our country in to more destruction.

I am convinced it will be a grave mistake on my part if I do not urge you to oppose minority rule in Somalia. We must work together toward uniting the Somali people in-order to achieve our common objectives such as Justice for all and Democratic values, which are majority rule.

Shirwac Jama

Shirwac12@hotmail.com

Liqaye, the writer is focusing on personality rather than factual substance. It sounds he himself has grudges against the old man. :D AbdirisaaK being "arrogant" or "stubborn" doesn't make him equal to the warlords that have ruined our country or the murderers who call themselves leaders today.

Reality check! Somalidu excuses ayay ka dambaysaa.

(Note: he abandoned politics 30 years ago)

Although i respect the former prime minister for his outspoken nature but him and politicians of 1960's are guilt of letting the country overtaken by the army. Surely they could organise mass demonstrations against the new military government before they settle deep in to the society.