Sign in to follow this  
CHE

Somaliland is as much mine ......

CHE   

A mere campaign of hyper-nationalism, with no intention to diminish the importance of Waqooyi and its citizens.

The bone of contention is that there are no visible cultural cleavages that would render Somaliland culturally distinct in contrast to the mainstream Somali culture. In terms of history,there are somewhat variations of history. But then so are other regions of the country diversified in terms of history., so much so that even regions of the self-proclaimed State are diverse. For instance awdal has long, outstanding historical variation from its neighbouring regions. And if we are to to merit secession on the basis of historical variations, then so be it! Now,the argument become slippery slope one, and begs the question why should WE not divide the country even more, beginning with Awdal declaring itself as State. Eventually WE 'll have as many States as the number of letters in the word Somalia(maybe more).

Secondly, what’s now known as Somaliland came about after king Melelik of Abyssinia struck a deal with the English that resulted in the annexation of Harar and the creation the British Somaliland enclave. And if I were to recognize Somaliland, Shame on me! I would be honoring a cheap foreign deal that was not in the interest of Somalis to begin with.

Furthermore, the fact that the same crooks that were integral part of the Siyad regime are running Somaliland today, fails me to comprehend the need for separate State for the people of Waqooyi.

Qudhac   

che

you sure talk so much about nothing please stop boring people to death, if you love somaliland that much maybe when the system is in place in the near future you can aply for asylum :D

civilised uncivilised :eek:

see the difference now :D

Qudhac   

well for something you dont recognise you sure get your nickers in a twist about it.

dude get over us and get a life :eek:

Eventually WE 'll have as many States as the number of letters in the word Somalia(maybe more).

CHE, HOMEBOY YOU GOT THAT RIGHT WE COULD HAVE.

S= STATE

O= STATE

M= STATE

A= STATE

L= STATE

I= STATE

A= STATE

Che

Afrika is by large the by-product of colonialism. And Somaliland is as much as any other african country a by product of that same era. Not hard to understand or does it?

Somaliland is not against "Somaliweyn" or "unity" for that matter. "Somaliweyn" has never meant to be "Somaliland + Somalia", these are only but 2 of the 5 Somali regions. So, our position is this, " it is either 1 or 5 ". "1" being a single "Somaliweyn" which unites all Somali 5 regions and 5 meaning each region being on its own. That is the challenge.

Originally posted by Qudhac:

well for something you dont recognise you sure get your nickers in a twist about it.

dude get over us and get a life :eek:

how about this:

"dude, get your facts right."

i have noticed recently that you post much do about nothing. why? may be you are not up to the level of discussion CHE is brining. may be you are too young. which means you should be talking in a place where ppl actually talk instead of throwing random comments.