Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

Duke's observations of late .......

Ha ha ha ha ha ...

Its a sorry mental state to live in exile, grow up in exile and die in exile and i think that is a realistic possibility because you have not understood the clear weakness that led to the failure of Somalia as a state.

Firstly, Every individual has a right to their opinion, it is only when we die that God gives his verdict, thats important to note.

The future of Somalia is Alshabab, I do not like that, but its a clear reality, because they have time on their hands, man power, financial backing and an overall objective which is singular by this i mean not dependent on anyone else but themselves.

As time goes on, and the time of this administration expires, it will be like all those before them and will be for God to judge and decide. So lets not delude ourselves about this government, it means nothing and could have Ghandi, Budah or adolf hitler, anyone who thinks otherwise is in my view fooling himself. Because ultimately a nation or a country is built on the backs of a shared purpose or goal that is singular meaning you only need yourself to achieve it.One man can not do anything, it takes thousands or hundreds of thousands or millions of people with a common objective to achieve a national result. Alshabab gets stronger, in Kenya and Ethiopia as well among disenfranchised Somali's. I have no doubt that in time they will come to rule Southern, central and even puntland.

Lets examine puntland, honestly speaking without prejudice.

Its a state within Somalia who's goal is to function in a federal Somalia with the objective of becoming a player in Somalia. Thats the choice that they have made, however ultimately this goal depends on peace in Somalia, peace which is illusive for the past 18 years. So they have chosen a goal that is not singular or they alone can achieve. They are subject to the will of Somalia if it attains peace or not and the longer it takes the harder it is to sell and the weaker it becomes because clearly it can not do anything on its own. It claims huge territories which it forces large or small have been removed from such as las canod, badhan las corey etc.So it claims land which it doest have.The real size is Bosaso, Garowe, Gardho and half of Galkacyo with one huge strategic weakness, all it takes is a force of a few thousand to to cross the border of Somaliland or Somalia in the road that links these towns together and take them out one by one.

Administratively speaking its weak, as its soldeirs and staff recieve little to no pay, and democracy is a system based on the "parliment" voting on the wishes of the people and the "parliment" electing the president. Piracy is rampant, insecurity is rampant, new competing groups are emerging in favor of al shabab, some wanting total separation from Somalia. In reality Puntland has its own flag, its own constitution etc, however in real terms their currency is still somalia and other areas that really matter and this has been its main weakness as they have no control over these. If the common trend continues it looks as if it will disappear as it waits for peace in somalia, or even if somalia attains peace it will be through alshabab, then WHAT. join alshabab.

Anyone..refugee exile kids, enjoy the chit chat..but wake up to reality.