Sign in to follow this  
Batuulo

Girls ~~ Do you ever try to defence yourself?

Thanx for the tips girls and ^ guy.

Underdog...care to let a sista practice her self-defence tips on ya? How else am I gonna kno if it works or not? :confused:

A few of my own tips:

- Always walk facing oncoming traffic...you don't want cars coming up behind you. Facing oncoming cars is safer...you won't be so easily bothered by cars creeping alongside you.

- If you carry keys...and your feeling nervous (trust your intuition always...like someone already said...if something doesn't feel right, act on it) make sure you've got them within your palm...ready to poke anyone in the eye...throat...wherever u can reach. Stab stab stab as hard as u can.

- Try to carry a personal alarm...those things are bloody loud...loud enough to incapacitate both u and your attacker. :D

underdog   

Or....You could just dress responsibly and have your husband/brother/father take you where you need to go.

If you're one of the "independant", "I don't need a man", "feminist", "I have a right to do what I want when I want" women, you may have to face this predicament alone.

Originally posted by underdog:

Or....You could just dress responsibly and have your husband/brother/father take you where you need to go.

Well, one can be dressed responsibly and still get attacked, don't u think? Anyways, having a husband/brother/father with you isn't a bad idea, it is just impracticle...for me anyways. I don't have a husband, I don't have any brothers...the only male in my family is my father...who isn't able to take me to uni or work everday and bring me back. See where I'm going with this?

"If you're one of the "independant", "I don't need a man", "feminist", "I have a right to do what I want when I want" women, you may have to face this predicament alone."

Maybe...but then whether we are any of the above or not, sometimes if not most times, we are forced to fend for ourselves. So rather than relying on someone else, I much prefer to put my faith in Allah and do what I can for myself...meaning learn to defend myself. smile.gif

underdog   

I agree...Social Justice is a myth thats why locking my car doors in not enough anymore I have to activate an alarm too...anyone can be a victim...thats why we need know all the available options....

No Offence intended to all the militant feminists...If I'm walking down the street and see you in some maniac's head-lock, I'll be happy to help you out.

Batuulo   

a/c wr wb

Silent-Sista . Fisrt yw sis,

that's scary.. but now alhamdulillaah for being safe. and tnx for your beautiful Advice.

Underdog And Barwaaqo masha allaah.nice tips thank you .. Much Appreciaited..

Originally posted by Opinionated:

Shaka zulu,

do you even understand why women take self-defense classes? :rolleyes: [/QB]

Opinionated,

if i was Silent Sister's Brother i would murder that fool,

unfortunately it seems Normal those of kind of things happening in U.K as i have read about it over and over again!

all i am saying is Opinionated i am not a Maniac and i will never ever need to stalk a Girl just to get her attention and coming back to your Q,

now i know why the Girls act paranoid when they see someone walking behind her everytime they go out from their homes.

I hope it never happens to any Somali Sister out there and i mean it with all my Heart.

Originally posted by silent-sistah:

shaka zulu...

u dumb ass,,,,u are my brother...and to hear u say that makes me smile!

walaalo!
;)

i am glad to hear that my Sister.

biG mOm   

asalaama calaykum warahmtullahi wabarakaatu

Maasha Allaah..very nice Intresting Article, This w'll help me realy.. thnk you bro & sisters who shared thier fresh Idea's.. love you More.

``Laakiin sakiin topaz jeebka hakuugu jirto Marwalba :D

This must be the most half-baked thread that I came across in the women's section. Do you really think you can fend-off a determined man froma attacking you? That crap you have posted up there is just to give you a sense of security, but in reality would not even save you from a 15yr old boy.

Haneefah   

whenever you leave home say "Bismilaah Tawakaltu Calalah Walaa xawla walaa quwata Ilaah Bilaah" and you will have Allah's protection!

Also, when you feel nervous/afraid, read Ayatul Kursi...and Insha'Allah nothing will come your way!

Rahima   

Many thanks.

Applying the advise of the original post and the great info from Nafisa will inshallah keep us all safe.

asalaama Alaykum W.w

jazaakumu alaah khair brother's and sisters for your Advice.. last wek i read this articale, I would like to share with you Insha Allaah..

Men and women alike are in need of sport and exercise. Physical fitness is certainly encouraged, just as a balanced diet is endorsed, and harmful substances are prohibited. Exercise is also conducive to a more balanced emotional state, as it aids in the release of harmful free radicals and excess hormones. Mundane routines must also be broken otherwise it could affect a women's input into society, as well as her relationship with her husband and family.

The Sahaabah were aware of these issues, and would exhort others for the same. 'Ali bin Abi Talib (r.a.a) said: "Refresh your minds from time to time, for a tired mind becomes blind." Abu Darda` (r.a.a) also commented: "I entertain my heart with something trivial in order to make it stronger in the service of the Truth."

The Prophet (s.a.w) advised his followers to engage in many forms of sport, which even today are considered of the best form of exercise. The Prophet (s.a.w) himself would engage in wrestling, racing, archery and horse races.

While Aisha (r.a.a) was on a journey along with the Apostle of Allah (s.a.w), she had a race with him and outpaced him. As time passed, the Prophet (s.a.w) wished to avenge for his loss, so he raced her again, in which case he outpaced her, and remarked: "This is for that outpacing."

Some TIPS:-

Trust your instincts

If you are walking somewhere and feel strange or scared, don't ignore this feeling. Take extra precautions by walking a little faster to get to a more populated or well-lit area or change the route you've been driving on.

NEVER admit that you are alone

If someone calls your home and asks if you are alone, NEVER admit it. Ask who the caller is. If they refuse to identify themselves, calmly hangup. Keep the radio on in the house so that callers will get the impression that others are in the home too. Instruct children to do the same when they pick up the phone.

Obscene phone calls

If you receive an obscene call or a crank call, do not talk to the caller. Hang up if the caller doesn't say anything, or as soon as s/he shouts obscenities. Hang up the phone calmly and do not slam it down. Note down the date and time of the calls. If they are persistent, inform local police.

In large buildings take the elevator, not the stairwell

Stairwells are usually quiet and dark. Most people take the elevator. But if someone creepy gets on, don't hesitate to get off at the same time. Or, if someone is already on the elevator who you feel strange about, do not get on and wait for the next elevator.

Don't use the walkman

If you're used to listening to your walkman while outside, drop this habit, especially in isolated areas. With your walkman on, you cannot hear the approach of a possible attacker.