Sign in to follow this  
Cowke

According HM POLL Puntland Has Fallen Behind Since Its Creation

Cowke   

HM is doing an interesting poll regarding puntland development.

The Question Is. 12 Sano Kadib Sidee U Aragtaa Puntland?

The Results So Far are:

Horumar ayey ku sii talaabsatey 27% (12 votes)

Dib u dhac ayey sameysey 47% (21 votes)

Halkeedi kama dhaqaaqin 24% (11 votes)

Waxba kama ogi 2% (1 votes)

Total Votes: 45

Interesting When I voted I said Halkeedi kama dhaqaaqin lakinse I was suprised to see that the development of our region has actually languished since the creation of puntland. Bal wax ba qaldan marka.

I think the heavy use of NGO'S is partially or even fully responsible for it because since those guys opened up shop in puntland it's like they sit there milk the cash cow from donors and just put it in their pocket however this administration has started getting tougher with then ngo's which is good sign the administration said that all ngo's will need to produce a quarterly report on what work they have carried out for the state and also the funds they have recieved from donors.

So it's positive move the puntland admin is pressuring the ngo's because if you dont walahi waxba ma qabaneyan meesha uun bay iska fadhnineyan lacag bay kugu kor qadaneyan for their retirement nest-egg.

As for private investment from the diaspora it hasn't been as strong as I would like it to be but they are starting to slowly invest now according to mubarak construction company he has a number of contracts going for commercial related buildings.

As for production outlets their needs to be more and the puntland chamber of commerce did hold an important 4 day seminar last month calling on all businessmen to invest into the state.

Foreign Investments are slowly happening in the oil sector but very slow needs to be paced up. As for other foreign investment their is talks of foreign companies investing into the fishery sector if it turns out to be true it will be an excellent achievement.

Security is not great lately and a very sour point. The puntland administration needs to really address the PIS issue at least reform it and set procedures and protocols for the organization on how they must operate in the state. This is a huge aspect that I havent seen puntland even table.

But yes puntland needs to strongly improve all-around. Governance hasnt been so bad. Soldiers are paid on time, parliament is operating smoothly, multi party system seems around the corner.

But the weak points are

Less domestic/foreign Investments

Less Production facilities

Security

Those 3 areas really need to be improved upon. Domestic and Foreign investments will create jobs. Same as Production facilities. Security is a mashruc in itself without it you can't have progress as the place will be burning to the ground.

So we have a long way to go ourselves before we celebrate but I think we can hold 1 night party in August and see some hot chicks in their puntland outfits :D

Bring over yasmin warsame love to marry her

liyakebede.jpg

Saalax   

Originally posted by Cowke:

1 night party in August and see some hot chicks in their puntland outfit.

liyakebede.jpg

:D

NASSIR   

Originally posted by Cowke:

So we have a long way to go ourselves before we celebrate but I think we can hold 1 night party in August and see some hot chicks in their puntland outfits
:D

liyakebede.jpg

Lol @ Cawke..

But you made this great point..

Security is not great lately and a very sour point. The Puntland administration needs to really address the PIS issue at least reform it and set procedures and protocols for the organization on how they must operate in the state.

Cowke   

Nasir well farole knows that the PIS are called ashahado la dirir that indicates the lack of community support for this institution and lack of community support means whenever a killing happens the community will remain quiet about who did it and even hide them in their houses.

To solve this problem is to reform the PIS with the consultation of the community of bari and reach consensus because there no point the PIS operating in a place that is totally against them.

NASSIR   

Cawke, I fully concur with you on PIS now rechristened as PIA--a shrewd move to reassure its American/western backers and financiers that reform in its techniques, methods and standard procedures for balanced representation and service has been put in place.

The rise of the public against this independent apparatus reflects poorly on the leadership of PL which are now seen as "puppets" of western and regional intervention as far as restricting people's liberty to worship, work, live or seek refuge.

I do think any reform would be inchoate and the underlying social problems won't go away that fast. The notorious PIS and its regime is derided all over Puntland. It is corrupt, weak and ruthless in its methods of hunting down terror suspects.

What I really don't understand is what further benefit could be had from a clan-dominated, western-financed, security organization. Bosaaso had always been a peaceful and prosperous city. Once coined as the Boston of Somalia, this reputation has been under slippery slope.

Alas, Somalis are inherenly clannish and more foreign intervention in one dimension (like security) will make things worse rather than drain the swamp that spawns extremism.

Thankful   

.....and after Atam's declaration of unity with Al Shabaab, expect a lot more funding to come to the PIS! All they have to do is take that audio recording and say listen to this!

NASSIR   

Thankful, you are not an expert in Arabic cliches, quotes and words. If you free yourself from the chains of Islamophobia, Ngonge, our SOL forums contributor, explained in detail the context under which the word 'al-shabab" was used since Mr. Atam is a wadaad himself.

You try to seek peace with your neighbors in this critical juncture of Somalia's disintegration. A top-down foreign policy did not create Puntland[/i]. Elders, Civil society, businesses and Politicians, created its peace and it's them who can resolve this issue.

Let the Elders known for their probity, moral uprightness and as experts in the game of compromise resolve the issue.

NASSIR   

Atam is a moderate Sheikh. He is no different than President Sheikh Shariif if you listen to his VOA interview and read it objectively.

Thankful   

Nassir, no one can say what Mr. Atam ment, Ngonge and others were only giving their own opinion. When someone aligns themselves with Al Shabaab, you cannot interpret the words positively or sugar coat them. You need to take them seriously! Many western countries have deemed Al Shabaab a terrorist organization (rightfully so). So any one that says "We are Al Shabaab, and Al Shabaab is Us". Must be considered a threat as well!

Either way, the audio is there for people to listen to and let them form their own opinion. I personally feel that it clearly shows Mr. Atam's allegiance.