Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Ethiopia's history of annexing Somali regions

If you look back at history. The border between Somalis and the Ethiopians was the town of Hawaas, which is located about 120 KM East of Addis Abeba.

By late 1800s, the Ethiopian Empire was ruling the city of Harar.

By 1950s, they gained control of the Reserve Area (what is today known as the Zone 5 region)

By 2007, they are ruling Mogadishu.

Eth%20Defence.gif

Ethiopian News Agency

Sky   

By late 90s they gained control of Berbera port and you were jubilant about that. As in matter of fact they are in control of the entire Somaliland, as many ONLF freedom fighters and Ina Waraabe can attest to that.

I don't know wether your calaacal stems from Ina Yeey's surprisingly enhanced position in the Somali political landscape or that Ethiopia has lost significant interest altogether in Somaliland with these new developments in the south of the country. Or is it both? It certainly isn't your love for the Clan Courts or Somalia in general.

Iskaba dhaaf ictiraafkii, Berbera Corridor jaaw ku dheh.

Jabhad   

^Cajiib..Abdulahi-Ahmaar supporters maxeey la oyaan marki xabashi wax laga sheego run iyo beenba ...Goorma ayeey faan noqotay Ethiopia anaga ayeey najeceshahay maadaama aan aanahay loyal slaves. :D And how long will that relationship between the slave and the master last? Fududaa ninku hadiiba saan uu uhadlaayo isagoo kaare Xabashi saaran. Taariikh madoow ayaad Somali kureebteene marki aad cadow umadi Somaliyee kusoo hogaamiseen to bomb and shell Somali cities. Bal la arki doonee faaiidadaad kaheshaan dabadhilifnimo Amxaar.

Originally posted by Sky:

By late 90s they gained control of Berbera port and you were jubilant about that. As in matter of fact they are in control of the entire Somaliland, as many ONLF freedom fighters and Ina Waraabe can attest to that.

I don't know wether your calaacal stems from Ina Yeey's surprisingly enhanced position in the Somali political landscape or that Ethiopia has lost significant interest altogether in Somaliland with these new developments in the south of the country. Or is it both? It certainly isn't your love for the Clan Courts or Somalia in general.

Iskaba dhaaf ictiraafkii, Berbera Corridor jaaw ku dheh.

Agree sxb!. Suldaanka waa gartii inuu walwalaa, as secessionist ma waxaan la walwalin baa maantoo kale.

Agree sxb!. Suldaanka waa gartii inuu walwalaa, as secessionist ma waxaan la walwalin baa maantoo kale.

No actually they don't have a reason to worry. This government is deplomatic. it is pragmatic. Their position on Somaliland is the best the can get from any administration. If they, however, cantinue to antaganize the government.

Sky welcome back horta. I see you've taken a long nap like a crockdale freezes during the harsh weather only to re-energise after the rains come. :D

As for you taking on Somaliland. Its only people like you that go around spewing non sense about Berbera. Yes, I agree, there are Ethiopian business people, but never an Ethiopian soldier or military personale. if you ask me, I see nothing wrong with having political and economical relations with Ethiopia, but to bring their army to subjugate and occupy other Somali clans, is something only history and its unforgiving pages will record.

Somaliland existed before Meles, my dear friend, and I assure you, it will exist beyond Meles.

My support for the ICU is simple. They were the most genuine grassroots organisation that came out of Southern Somalia.

No doubt, the ICU presented the most danger to the very existence of Somaliland than any other, including the successive 16 or so peace conferences. The reason being that, there were undeniably support within the Somaliland society. The first time a crack (however small) appeared in the otherwise solid Somaliland nationalism. I do not forsee anything more dangerous to Somaliland to ever raise in Mogadishu in the forseable future, not even this Col. Yey who you've said in your own words enjoys "enhanced position" today.

But I don't blame you, for we in Somaliland have been accustomed by now to the "doom and gloom" talk whenever a new player joints the game or Southern Somalia enters a new phase. Just give few more months for the dust to settle down, and we will be talking another chapter.

Well there are more ethiopian soldiers in south somalia than somaliland.

If there were any soldiers in Somaliland, that is.

NASSIR   

Somalia is a sovereign nation whose territorial integrity is preserved in the United Nations Charter, so the idea that Ethiopoia might redraw the map of Somalia is , quite effectively, a sham uttered only by sanctimonious demagogues parading as patriots to galvanize the public into Anti-TFG sentiment. Indeed this blanket accusation that Ethiopia has enough of a push to annex Somalia exacerbates the president and his prime minister's effort in bringing peace and prosperity, integrate all Somalia territories through peaceful means from Hargeisa to Mogadisho to Bosaaso to Kismayo.

As of now the president is walking on high political tightrope across perilous rocks since his nation is infected with hostility to extreme views and unquenchable aggressiveness. He has the wherewithal to bridge the unbridgeable intellectual and emotional division.

Taliban   

Originally posted by Caamir:

Indeed this blanket accusation that Ethiopia has enough of a push to annex Somalia exacerbates the president and his prime minister's effort in bringing peace and prosperity, integrate all Somalia territories through peaceful means from Hargeisa to Mogadisho to Bosaaso to Kismayo.

Which president are you talking about? Abdullahi Yusuf? You couldn't be more than wrong. Abdullahi Yusuf isn't Somalia's president. These two pictures show Somalia's president and prime minister:

capt.nai10412311045.somalia_nai104.jpg?x

capt.sge.eiw48.301206185627.photo01.phot

NASSIR   

If it makes any difference to you but it appears your likes can't rationalize issues of immense importance. Instead, you poised to discomfit your readers with trivial things which renders your thoughts jumbled and tangled enough to form noncommital grunt or impatient silence.

If Geedi were to be president and he has both the lustre and drive to walk his country to centralized adminstration, I will support. I don't blindly give my aid and support to men whom I tacitly understand to be closer than others.

N.O.R.F   

Isnt it funny how the gaal raacs point fingers when they supported xabashis to kill their brothers?

My support for the ICU is simple. They were the most genuine grassroots organisation that came out of Southern Somalia.

I think genuine is the key word there.

Taliban   

Originally posted by Caamir:

If it makes any difference to you but it appears your likes can't rationalize issues of immense importance. Instead, you poised to discomfit your readers with trivial things which renders your thoughts jumbled and tangled enough to form noncommital grunt or impatient silence.

What's there to rationalize? Is invading and occupying Somalia rational? Is showing your allegiance or forcing children to show their allegiance to to a foreign leader (Zenawi) trivial things? Why can't it be Geedi and Yusuf instead of Geedi and Zenawi?