Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

'The Hijab project'

Ibtisam   

A friend of mine is developing this project and she's asked me to let people know in case anyone wants to do it:

---------------------

Yalu Theatre Company are seeking professional and non professional Muslim performers to take part in a new project currently in its second stage of development - 'The Hijab project' (working title).

The piece explores ideas of female Muslim identity in Britain and uses the experiences of Muslim women in Slough as points of departure.

The project has been funded by Arts Council England SE and the European Social Fund

and will involve an intensive rehearsal period leading towards a sharing for funders and possible partner venues

on 14th March.

Dates: Friday 9th March - Weds 14th March.

Times: 10.30 – 18.30 each day

Audition: 1st March 2007 time TBC

Yalu Theatre Company are looking for professional Muslim actresses from all ethnic backgrounds with good movement and improvisation skills and a desire to explore this sensitive work.

Applications from emerging performers and

new performers looking to develop their skills are also welcomed. Performers will be paid related to experience.

We are also seeking a professional vocalist to support this project who can sing in a wide range of vocal styles including Middle Eastern.

If you are interested in applying for this work please send your CV and headshots to hijabproject@hotmail.com or contact 01753 47 66 51 for more information

mantra   

:D:D:D

I'm sorry the singing part was funny..

I happen to know a girl who would absolutely love to be a part of this. This should be interesting.

Khalaf   

Gosh i clicked on here happily expecting a personal confession or somthin a dear diary i finally blank....... but :( its about dumb arts project............. :rolleyes: