Sign in to follow this  
Jaabir

SOL intellectuals, I need to hear your thoughts!!

Jaabir   

This is a true story that took place in Saudi Arabia and was on the news about a month ago… it’s about a young guy (lets name him Abdi) who once had a relationship with a married woman, this woman used to call him when her husband takes off for work, and he would come, do their thing and leave before the hubby gets home.. one day Abdi's car broke down in the highway, not wanting to miss his date with the married woman he called one of his friends (lets call him Farah) and asked him for a ride to meet his date… sure enough Farah (who by the way was a very righteous man) came and picked him up, throughout the whole trip Farah was trying to persuade Abdi from committing Zina telling him that the girl he is messing with is someone’s wife and that could happen to him and what not.. Abdi goes well she is the one asking for it.. and what her husband don’t know wont hurt him…. so when they reached the apartment building the Farah asked Abdi what floor the cheating wife live in.. Abdi told him the floor and the apartment number… and asked him to swing by after 1 hour to pick him up.

One hour later, Abdi came out of the building, and Farah drove him back to his place…

One month later, Farah called Abdi and informed him he was taking him along with other friends from work for lunch at his place and is in his way to pick him up, Abdi asked, aren’t you married? Farah replied, I divorced my wife so I am single now… Farah came, picked abdi up along with punch friends he already invited, drove them all to his place.. and guess where lives? Farah lived in the very same apartment the cheating wife lived in.. Abdi got really scared and frightened, at the beginning he thought Farah was going to kill him, but turned out Farah never even mentioned the whole cheating issue. Everybody had they lunch and went back to work.. abdi was so ashamed and disgusted with the low and filthy affair he had that he wished he rather die than being faced with a situation like this.. the feeling of guilt and culpability made him tell the his dad about everything that happened….

The father asked Abdi to invite Farah for lunch, Farah came and after lunch the father kissed his head and said “ I know what my filthy son has done to you, and I am really sorry, I have invited you today to wed you to one of my 3 daughters because I firmly believe I wont find a better man for my daughter., I don’t want no “Meher” from you nor any of my daughters want a wedding reception. I will wed you to the one you choose right here and right now..

The three daughters walk in, Farah chose one of girls, the Nikaax was read up on them and he walked out with his new wife!!!!

So instead of the ordeal ending with Farah killing both his wife and Abdi, it ended up with a low profiled divorce followed by a low profiled marrige!!!

My questions is, do GUYS think Farah did the right thing of not escalating the sitiuation by scandalizing his ex-wife thus morally corrupting the dignity of his children or was he a little passive and should have been more aggressive?

And to the Ladies, would you marry Farah if you were in such situation??

Please refrain from posting any squabbles unrelated to the topic….

Macalin   

this woman used to call him when her husband takes off for work,

So this Guy here^ was a freind to....this guy down here?..miyaa?

one of his friends and asked him for a ride to meet his date… sure enough his friend (who by the way was a very righteous man) came and picked him up

This same guy here who picks him up is also the one who goes to work and leaves his cheating wife behind miyaa?

The friend lived in the very same apartment the cheating wife lived in..

And this dude here^ is the one who picked up that dude when his car broke to his cheating wife's apt? Miyaa?

Ok...wasnt he suppose to be @work?...Mafahamin sheekada....

Sidaan ufahme, the dude who picks him when his car broke down,is the one whose wife cheats on him when hes away to work and the cheater and the cheatee did indeed know each other? :confused:

if thats the story, i think it was acool thing coz qofkiii ceebtaada asturo ilaahey cebtaada wuu asturaa....

nice wweired story..dude yu in 507? or 612??

Kool_Kat   

Something wrong with this story...If they are suppose to be friends, wouldn't the cheatee know his friend's wife...Or at least know where his so called friend lives...This story is not making sense to me some how...

I can understand if the husband was a stranger who gave a ride to some guy, whose car broke down, and somehow later on figured out that the same guy was sleeping with his wife...

Well in any case, the way he handled the situation is unbelievable to me...But I guess ppl are different...

Back to the question...I don't think I would marry a guy cuz he was in such situation...It might have attracted me to him, cuz he's such a kind hearted person, but marry him just like that, no thanx...

OG_Girl   

lol Nomad and Kool kat .

let me sumarize ...loool I am crazy about summarizing business .

OK, let me start ... coz i live the same society that male friends can't even know their friend's wife or some times where they even live if the one is married and other single <--- am i making sense here ? so he was cheating with his friend's wife with out knowing she is his friend's wife.... i think is clear now .

Curly   

I think this guy Farah is a fishy bloke...if you ask me!, because I'm think why would he be lying to his wife telling her he's at work when he wasn't?!

Mybe he's been up to something himself and was too shamed to let it all come out in the open without geting caught out himself!

Also in a weird way I understand why he kept quiet, He problaby wanted to keep his honour and his wife, and probably thought letting it all out in the open would make him a laughing stock!

Anyways I don't think I could marry a push over like, who's too worried about what people think of him, than go and express his true feelings!

And if he did because he was religious then I'm sure in Islam he's allow to show some emotion!

Miriam1   

*Clap* *Clap* for mr Farax...now that is a level-headed individual.

It has alot to do with the culture this is not only the arab society we are talking of but specifically the suadis, they are very very conservative women rarely meet men who arent maharam to them.

I thnk one of the reasons that he didnt create an issue like *killing* them, would have been that he knew his wife's character..i mean it is hard not to sense such an issue.

Nice story and smart sisters..who accepted the marriage offer of an intelligent level-headed man

Som@li   

I think this guy Farah is a fishy bloke...if you ask me!, because I'm think why would he be lying to his wife telling her he's at work when he wasn't?!

Say he was working and left work to help his friend,this happens all the time.

but i wonder after all these, how did Farah be-friend with Abdi,knowing wat he did? :(

may be he prefer keeping the story secret,knowing that if it came out his children,family,adn manhood will be affected.

Jaabir   

Ok.. thank you all for sharing your two cents….

Nomad this incident took place in 9964 area code = => East Coast Saudi Arabia.. and all the involved characters are Saudi’s.

KoolKaat as OG girl mentioned, the Saudi’s never share the names of their wives with their friends, it’s a cultural thing they believe in.

Originally posted by *Pessimistic-Sue*:

Also in a weird way I understand why he kept quiet, He problaby wanted to keep his honour and his wife, and probably thought letting it all out in the open would make him a laughing stock!

And is that a bad thing? Covering up the bad deeds of the mother of your child is never a bad thing, you don’t want your kids grow up and find out about the real reason they parents got divorced for.

Did anybody look at this story from that perspective? I mean didn’t he do the right thing when he “xaaskiisa oo ceeb asturay” ??

Rahima   

I think some of the girls are over analyzing the issue smile.gif (especially with the whole why wasn't Farax at work point), but I must concur, the story does seem unrealistic and is probably fictional.

However, if we assume it to be realistic I believe hands down that Faarax did the right thing by not escalating the matter and it was proof of his noble character.

As for marrying him, of course this would increase the chances (for clearly he has good akhlaaq), however there are other facets to be considered and therefore could not come to a conclusion based on just this.

Jaabir   

Originally posted by Rahima:

I think some of the girls are over analyzing the issue
smile.gif
(especially with the whole why wasn't Farax at work point), but I must concur, the story does seem unrealistic and is probably fictional.

However, if we assume it to be realistic I believe hands down that Faarax did the right thing by not escalating the matter and it was proof of his noble character.

Sister Rahima, this does sound like an unrealistic and far fetched story.. but believe me it did happen and it was all over the news a month or so ago.

now having lived there all my life I can tell the behavior of Farax, Abdi, the Father and Daughters is quite real to them considering the saudi culture and traditions.

I think Farax did the right thing by holding down his anger and rage over what his wife was doing. A man’s Manhood should not be determined by how tough and rough he is, it should be determined by his attitude in situations like these…

Oh God....I just wanna throw up! :eek:

U say it was all over the news? I didn't know Saudis talked about their private lives in public...hmmm :confused: What tabloid paper was it published on?

There's no telling this Farax character was rightous just b'coz he decided not say a thing. Who knows, he knew of his wife's infidelity all along. Secondly....Mr.Farah was probably waiting for an opportunity for revenge...but was intrupted by this sudden offer of marriage. I had a problem with the way the old man made him choose one of his daughters...shows that he had absolutely no regard for whether or not his daughters object to the marriage or not :rolleyes:

Saalixa   

salam all

this is crazy guyz i don't get it all, why the hell did farah divorce his wife and why did the father feel pity for him and wed him to his own daughters?

The father asked Abdi to invite Farah for lunch, Farah came and after lunch the father kissed his head and said “ I know what my filthy son has done to you, and I am really sorry, I have invited you today to wed you to one of my 3 daughters because I firmly believe I wont find a better man for my daughter., I don’t want no “Meher” from you nor any of my daughters want a wedding reception. I will wed you to the one you choose right here and right now..

The three daughters walk in, Farah chose one of girls, the Nikaax was read up on them and he walked out with his new wife!!!!

i don't quiet get that part could you DARMAN retell it a bit better, more prcise plz, it's sounds interesting :D

Having the story set in Saudia Arabia i can agree %100 that its true. Man, that guy Farax sure was noble. Controlling his anger and his face.

Thinking of the situation at hand wouldnt mind marrying a man of his calibre but wouldnt be him. Since he has already been cheated on he may have those feelings forever.

Curly   

Oh and I forgot to mention that I think Farah is sexist!

He's too quick to blame everything on his wife and divorce her while he stays friends with this zina commiting bloke!

If he was giving is friend a second chance, maybe he should give the wife a second chance too!

OG_Girl   

Ooops I forgot there was question: would you marry Farah if you were in such situation??

Hell no, that guy have some sort of mental problems, how he couldn't forgive his wife and forgave his friend?!!! hmm as some one already said there is some sort of fishyyy!. BUT I would believe the story is true coz I know how those peopke I live with them think , they think WOMAN is less than Man and man can make the same mistake but he is forgiven but woman should be killed !! .. then u wonder why our cousins

( Arabs) r so behind!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Salam