Sign in to follow this  
BiLaaL

Islamists will win in Somalia - Al Zawahri

BiLaaL   

Reuters | Thursday, 25 January 2007

DUBAI: Al Qaeda second-in-command Ayman al-Zawahri vowed in a video posted on the internet today that Islamist fighters will defeat Ethiopian soldiers in Somalia.

"The Mujahideen will break their backs with God's power and help," Zawahri said in the video, adding that they were facing a "definite disaster" in the Horn of Africa country.

Ethiopia said on Tuesday its forces who helped Somalia's interim government rout rival Islamists, began leaving the Somali capital. It has said it does not plan to stay after it completes its mission.

Zawahri also warned Americans of a reprisal "far worse than anything they have seen" if Washington did not change its policies towards Muslim states.

"You are facing the Islamic rage... what awaits you, should you press on (with current policies), is far worse than anything you have seen," Zawahri said.

Leaders of the militant group which carried out the September 11, 2001 aircraft attacks against US cities often argue that its "terrorism" is justified as a way to change pro-Israel US policies and to punish Washington for its wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

"I will talk to you in a language you understand; If you want to live safely you have to accept reality and reject the illusions that (US President George W) Bush is trying to deceive you with," he said in the video.

Part of the video was posted earlier this week on the website of the US-based SITE institute.

"You have to try your utmost to reach an understanding with the Muslims, only then you will enjoy security. But if you continue with the policy of Bush and his gang then you won't dream of it," he said.

Zawahri also vowed retaliation against Ethiopian troops for helping the Somalia's interim government rout rival Islamists.

The Egyptian militant also urged Palestinians to abandon President Mahmoud Abbas as a "traitor" and said he had sold his religion and Palestinian land.

BiLaaL   

Originally posted by Caano Geel:

I swear Zawahri and co. are covert agents, used to clear the next round of muslim massacres

What evidence do you have for such a claim?

Leaving aside the question of whether Al-Zawahiri and the like are agents or not, how do you suggest we find solutions to the status quo? I hope you don't hail from the poor souls who advocate that all our problems will be solved without sacrifice.

The problem with current Muslims is that they wish to live in dignity and ease without sacrifice. This is not the way of Allah. Reflect on the following ayat:

"Do men think that they will be left alone on saying, "We believe", and that they will not be tested? - (29:02)

ansaar17   

I guess you 'mystic' is an axmaar worshiping muslim.

your arguments are worthless as you support an illegal invasion of your own country, such hypocrasy!!!

Bilal

Sadly i've already delegated my blood sacrifice to one of allah-ubaahne's daughters

I put to you that muslims right now just want to live! and i ask how the interpretation of the ayad in nessecarily "tested with bloodshed" is beyond me

With regard to finding a sollution - surely you see he aint in the vacinity..

Fabregas   

Zawahiri can close his mouth and take his anarchist,suicide bombing ideology elsewhere.

Once upon a time there was a man, who was commanding an army of 10 000 men, the largest army ever seen in arabia.

The man suddenly stopped, when he saw two small puppies in the way and asked a group to guard them in case they they get trampled on.

This man was Muhammad may peace be upon him.