Sign in to follow this  
Gabbal

Second day of Ethiopian attacks in Guri-ceel

Gabbal   

Dagaal Culus oo Caawa ka dhacay Magaalada Guri Ceel ee Gobolka gal gaduud.

Submitted by wararka on Mon, 06/30/2008 - 17:04.

Muqdisho.30.June.2008.(Sh.M.Network)-Wararka naga soo gaarayo magaalada Guri Ceel ee gobolka Gal gaduud ayaa waxa ay sheegayaan in Caawa uu ka dhacay dagaal laysku adeegsaday hubka nuucyadiisa kala duwan.

Dagaalkaan oo dhaxmaray Ciidamada Ethiopia ee fariisinka ku leh duleedka magaalada guri ceel ee Gobolka Gal gaduud iyadoo aan la ogeyn qasaaraha soo gaaray dhinacyadii dagaalamay,waxaana dagaalkaan uu noqonayaa habeenkii sedaxaad uu ka dhaco dagaal.

Qaar ka mid ah dadka deegaanka ee fara ku tiriska ah ayaa idaacada Shabelle waxa ay u sheegeen in caawa ay Weerar ku qaadeen xoogaga ka soo horjeeda joogitaanka Ciidamada Ethiopia iyo siyaasada dowlada KMG islamarkaana aan la ogeyn qasaaraha soo gaaray dhinacyadii dagaalamay.

Dagaalka Caawa ka dhacay duleedka Magaalada guri Ceel ee Gobolka Gal gaduud ayaa waxa ay ku soo beegmaysaa xili maanta Ciidamada Ethiopia ay magaalada ku dileen ilaa laba qof oo rayid ah dhaawacna uu soo gaaray mid kale.

* Somali

Gabbal   

Somalia: Thousands Displaced Following Attack on Central Town

UN Integrated Regional Information Networks

30 June 2008

Posted to the web 30 June 2008

Nairobi

Officials in Guri-Eil town in Galgadud region have appealed for urgent help for thousands of people displaced after fighting between Ethiopian troops and insurgents over the weekend.

"Most of the [30,000] residents and thousands of displaced fled the town after intense fighting between the Ethiopians and the insurgents on Sunday [29 June]," Osman Isse Nur, the deputy district commissioner, told IRIN on 30 June.

He said the fighting began on 28 June when Ethiopian troops arrived in the area, "but was most intense on Sunday. At least 100 shells landed in the town last evening [29 June]."

Nur said Guri-Eil, 440km north of Mogadishu, was hosting about 30,000 displaced people from Mogadishu, who were now again displaced. "Everyone is now a displaced person."

He said people scattered in three directions. "Some have sought refuge in the northwest; others in the south and the rest have gone northeast," he said.

Eleven people died in the fighting and 31 were injured, he said.

Most of the displaced were reported to be sheltering on the outskirts of the town, without water, food or proper shelter.

Zahra Abdulkadir, a mother of six, said: "I left Mogadishu to find peace here, now I am running again. I don't know when this will end."

She said the shortages of water, food and shelter were their main problems. "We did not take much when we left and with the hot weather, there is no shelter from the sun," she added.

She said many of the displaced were already weak and "could not last very long in the open. I don't know how long we will survive under these conditions."

A local journalist told IRIN the two sides were still facing each other, "with insurgents digging in on both sides of the Ethiopian lines. They [insurgents] don't seem to be going anywhere."

He said the town was quiet on 30 June but fears of a major military offensive had sparked another civilian exodus from the town. "Those who had not left last night are taking advantage of today's lull in the fighting to do so."

Nur appealed for emergency aid for the displaced. "They have no shelter from the scorching sun, no water and no food."

He said both the displaced and host community were reeling from the high inflation rate and drought, "and now this. We need help now," he said.

Since fighting between Ethiopian-backed Somali forces and insurgents intensified in early 2007, about one million Somalis have fled their homes. An estimated 6,500 civilians have been killed.

Aid workers estimate 2.6 million Somalis need assistance. That number is expected to reach 3.5 million by the end of the year if the humanitarian situation does not improve, according to the UN.

Gabbal   

Where are those hypocrites who don nationalist shirts and lip sync to calls of "talks" when parents and offsprings are still being killed in front of each other in parts of Somalia? Where is their peace and security?

How sweet is it to see your towns and villages peaceful and free from warfare and have the luxury to speak of talks.

Gabbal   

Che, fiqi tolka kama jano tago baa la yiri. Having intense feelings of ina adeer solidarity nowadays eh?

Where have you seen Horn defend Ethiopia or speak against the Resistance for you to give a juvenile jab as you had tried to do now?

^You have changed positions so many times. It's hard to guage what you actually stand for and where you stand.

P.S. Tol waxuu ii taro yar. Afterall, I'm stuck here while I could have been on nice sunny beach in Somalia.

Gabbal   

Che, I asked you a simple question.

Where have you seen Horn defend Ethiopia or speak against the Resistance?

Simple question, no?

Save me the doc-ka-yeer adeer. You are as translucent as water.

Horn,

what exactly are saying? Are you saying talking about peace in the face of somali suffering like the one in Gureceel is hypocrisy? Is that what you're trying to say saaxiib?

I dont have that much time but i can spare few minutes soo so dhoqso waryee...

Gabbal   

Xiin, it is almost deja vu that you responded as you did in a topic discussing Ethiopian attacks in parts of Somalia. Reminded me of a reply that is appropriate one would say

You say you are for dialogue and reconciliation yet you forget to consider whether the state of affairs of the Somali state, or what is left of it, is conducive for reconciliation. Adeer, with all due respect, reconciliation is realistically viable when there is a cessation of hostilities and all parts are in a mutual state of acceptance of the
conditions
to sit down and talk. In layman's terms, when there is not a single gunfire anywhere in Somalia and a child of Mogadishu is just as secure as a child of Boosaaso's! Otherwise adeer, Somalis will continue to be honor-bound to resist and to approach a man in the heat of battle with talks of reconciliation is as incredulous and laughable as it sounds.

How can you champion reconciliation when Ethiopian bombardment in certain areas of Somalia is taking place at this instance? The whole notion is preposterous Xiin-oow...Somalia is
not
in a state where talk of reconciliation is even relevant let alone realistically viable. Lest you had forgotten Xiin, the war is still going on! Sure it may not be as wide-spread as Baashi continuously evokes but it is more intense with deadlier consequence as a result of Ethiopia's 11th o'clock arm flexing. What you then advocate is akin to enjoying the cake you have not baked Xiin-oow.

To be fair to you, the ideals enshrined in your posts are respectable and even venerable. Somalia has suffered and its people have taken the brunt of that tragedy. From Kismaayo to Muqdisho to Gaalkacyo to Hargeisa, injustice has been committed and needs to be undone in a state of spiritual, moral, as well as physical forgiveness and repentance. Nothing is more worthier than being a champion of that argument, yet we cannot be so naive as to expect all Somalis to be in a state where they can mutually accept reconciliation. No, before that comes conditions and this is the Achilles heel of your argument Xiin.

Gabbal   

Paragon, Caabudwaaq is overfilled with fleeing civilians I have just been told. What a destructive combination drought and war is!

Castro   

Basically, Xiinow, Horn may be saying let's give war a chance.

I disagree with him. Burning Boosaaso or Hargeysa so they would join Muqdishu should not bring joy to anyone. Unless, that is, the person is clanishly demented beyond repair.

Boosaaso and Hargeysa are "safe" today precisely because they've acquiesced to Ethiopia. Their reasons for doing so are varied and debatable. The Oggaden and Southern Somalia are still resisting at an unimaginable cost.

Let's see who ends up on the wrong side of history. I'm guessing it's the former group.

Paragon   

^It's sad to hear, Horn. I am reading about this tragedy. Gaalka dhulkayaga inoogu yimi ee sidaa maatada gumaad iyo barakac isugu raacshey ayeey heeshiis la gala leeyihiin.

Horn, so you will wait until 'there is not a single gunfire anywhere in Somalia' maaha? That's when you are willing for somalis to have a dailogue?

Then you talk about naiifatee!!!!