Sign in to follow this  
poiuyt

So why not split Somalia into several states?

poiuyt   

Since our people are not culturally equipped to handle traditional nationhood, and since to the average Somali the tribe and clan are more *real* and interesting than a united greater Somalia, why should we not partition the country into several states?

If these states then happen to become functional and peaceful, so that neither can drag down another, THEN a 'greater somalia' might be beneficial for everyone, but as it stands, it seems hypocritical of some Somalis to resent Somaliland seeking separation (which it basically has except for lack of recognition.) I say this as someone from the south.

Johnny B   

^The permise that Somalia would not be culturally equipped in comparision to other African/Arab states is neither true nor freindly, its but a non-creditable hostile huff, i.e the hint in itself is an insult to our(my) ethnicity, namely ( Somaliness ).

NGONGE   

^^ But you and him coexist happily on this site. There are thousands of 'Kunfurians' coexisting peacefully in H town too. Ka so noqo saaxib. Taa waa wado xidhan. :D

poiuyt   

Originally posted by Johnny B:

^The permise that Somalia would not be culturally equipped in comparision to other African/Arab states is neither true nor freindly, its but a non-creditable hostile huff, i.e the hint in itself is an insult to our(my) ethnicity, namely ( Somaliness ).

What the hell does your Somaliness amount to?

Somalis are not culturally equipped to handle statehood.

Statehood requires cooperation among the citizenry.

Somalis inherently cannot cooperate amongst themselves, because of their culture...and possibly because of their religion.

Kinship concerns are more "real" to Somalis than civic duty and nationalism -- concepts which are abstract to Somalis.

poiuyt   

Nearly every Somali operates under the assumption that there is a pie that can be divided up only through tribal feuding.

They don't realize that there is a far more bigger pie that can result from COOPERATION.