Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

Breaking News... Ethiopian Troops cross the border into Somalia

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/5198338.stm

Ethiopian troops on Somalia soil

A column of Ethiopian trucks, more than 100-strong and including armoured cars, is reported to have crossed into neighbouring Somalia.

A BBC reporter has seen Ethiopian troops in uniform in Baidoa, the base of the weak interim government.

Ethiopia had warned it would crush the Islamists who had advanced to within 60km of Baidoa on Wednesday.

But the Union of Islamic Courts (UIC) say they never intended to attack Baidoa and have pulled troops back.

The UIC have rapidly expanded their control of southern Somalia since they took control of the capital, Mogadishu, but observers fear it is only a matter of time before the two sides clash.

"We have no such military plan as claimed by the non-functioning government," the UIC's security head Sheikh Yusuf Mohamed Siad told the AFP news agency.

"The prime minister's claims are a ploy to attract Ethiopian intervention."

Ethoipian involvement in Somalia will lead to wider instability in the region. It has no justification to cross the international border. Inshallah, the will of the Somali people prevail in the end.

It is time for us to unite now!!!

Dis is where the love for Qabiil has got us, at the mercy of our enemy. Lets put our nation first, and drive Yeey, and his masters out of Somali soil.

The Somali people are united now behind the Islamic Courts and ethiopian forces will learn a formidable lesson in tresspassing our territories.

This war will give us an excuss to touch down Addis Ababa and claim more than they invaded from us, including the Tigrey land, inside the mainland of ethiopia.

Let's roll down, my fellow country men, in our famous heroic Islamic Spirit, insha-Allah.

Waar bal naftan yare asqaysan eega? Waar ma kuwii ciidda cuni jiray baad ka joogtaa?

"The Somali people are united now behind the Islamic Courts"

What if one shares neither Islam nor Somalinimo? "heroic Islamic Spirit"

Then what?

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Alle-ubaahne:

The Somali people are united now behind the Islamic Courts and ethiopian forces will learn a formidable lesson in tresspassing our territories.

This war will give us an excuss to touch down Addis Ababa and claim more than they invaded from us, including the Tigrey land, inside the mainland of ethiopia.

Let's roll down, my fellow country men, in our famous heroic Islamic Spirit, insha-Allah.

A little bit too jingo-istic for endeavours that will involve death and destruction, no? :confused:

Ethoipian involvement in Somalia will lead to wider instability in the region. It has no justification to cross the international border.

is it me or are you crazy. How more unstable could the region get. have you heard the expression " don't bite the hand that feeds you"? These miserable poeple in Somali have been in a barbaric state for the past 16 years and now when selfless people like meles try to help you bring this nonse. Ethiopia let eritra go, which was its only coast and ethnically and linguestically closer to the rest ethiopia then that dry somali desert, why would the ethiopians want to lose more lives for that. Lets not be simpletons people.

Wiilo   

Somali haddii aad tihiin iska daaya Ethopia ayaa soo gashay Ethopia ayaa sidaa tiri, makula tahay haddii aysan jiri lahay dad Soomaali sheegta oo Xabashida dabadhilif u ah in Ethopia awood u sheegan laheyd Soomaliya?

Waxaa is waydiin mudan, dowladdan (TNG) loo soo dhoodhoobay ummadda soomaaliyed (Waxay doontaba aha haatee) maxaysan udanaynayn nabadda ama aysan ula tashanayn dadkeeda? Maxaase diiday inay iska dayso wax yaabaha aysan ummadda soomaaliyeed doonayn?

Haddii aan nahay Soomaali waxaan u baahan nahay in aan iska celinno kuwa Dabadhilifka u ah Ethopia.

Soomaali waxay tiraahdaa: Ishiisa laga arkaa u shiisa lagu tumaa. Tan waxaan kaga jeedaa haddii aysan Ethopia inaga arki lahayd "Tafaraaqul" iyo isku kalsooni la'aan, waxa ay maanta ku dhaqmayaan kuma aysan dhaqmayn.

Haddaba waan dulaysan nahay oo gaala iyo xabasi ayaan ku dulaysan nahaye ilaahay ha ina soo hanuuniyo, is jeceyl iyo isku kalsooni ha ina siiyo, Aamiin, Aamiin.

Go figure:...............

roughly 2,000 Ethiopian troops earlier this week crossed in at Dollow, where the borders of Kenya, Somalia and Ethiopia converge, along with several tanks to complement about 2,000 soldiers already there, various sources said.

"They had crossed with tanks, about a dozen, and about another 2,000-3,000 men," a Western diplomat said.

A military expert who monitors security daily and a government official based in Baidoa -- the government's temporary base and only outpost -- confirmed that.

"The Ethiopian troops are in several locations within Somalia, scattered all over in Dollow, Bulahawo, Wajid and in other remote locations on the outskirts of Baidoa," the Somali government official said.

"Most of the troops are ethnic Somali Ethiopians," he said

© Reuters 2006. All Rights Reserved.

http://go.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle....=worldNews&sto ryID=1326655§ion=news&src=rss/uk/worldNews

^^I am interested to learn your views towards this, ethiopians invading our country with the pretext of protecting A/Y's fragile govt.

Tell me, saaxiib, hadda.

My personel position is I am against any invasion by anyone specialy Ethiopia on Somalia.

I must also add, that the TFG seems to be playing a dangerous game by claiming it is constantly under attack by the courts. I belive this in the part of the executive as some sort of ploy to attract outside support and to avoid a negotiated settlement i.e the Khartum meeting.

There is a pattern emerging of claims and counter claims, of provocation on both sides.

I think this is a danerous scenario..Both sides are biding time and conflict in my mind can not be avoided.. Lately all the cards indicate that we are heading towards a catostrophic war, but I hope I am wrong insha Allah...