Sign in to follow this  
Xudeedi

Somalia: Our Puntland brothers must help us end the Nazi Ethiopian Empire

Castro   

^^^^^ Eventually there will be a viable government in Xamar. It may not happen in our lifetimes but it will.

Oodweyne is caught between a rock and a hard place. He probably doesn't care much for Ethiopia but he knows without it, Somaliland is coming back in the fold.

That's why I advise my brothers in the north to abandon this secession nonsense. People can be fooled some of the time but they can't all be fooled for eternity.

Khalaf   

Geelow,

You had 3 paragraphs:

Response to Paragraph 1 (inshallah i a make myself clearer this time):

GJ what is happening in the Oged!en and Xamar are two different situations both politically and historically. In the Oged!en Ethiopia claims to be the legitimate owner of this disputed land and the international community supports this claim. We live in global village something the ICU never comprehended. The people in this region want independence to succeed from Ethiopia. While in Xamar Ethiopia doesn’t claim to have ownership of Somalia and the capital but claims to be helping setting up a government (again with the support of the international community). Difference between ONLF and ICU.

ONLF=Fighting for Independence of The ****** from Ethiopian Rule whom claims ownership of the land.

ICU= a political entity/group that wanted (and wants) to capture the country by force.

Ps: I pray and make du’a for all my people and always ask Allah to bring peace to our ummah. But I am being a realist, and 21st century is a global village the world is not a maqayaad aad adiga iska leeydahay and waxaa aad raabtiid suubiin kartiid...u gotta work with the system and establishment and that is what I proposed the opposition to do.

Response to Paragraph two:

If no one wants to see the bloodshed continue then why are steps not being taken (from powerful players) to stop it? I reckon many powerfull people want to see the war continue, remember war is healthy for the state.

Do you seriously think those of us who live in comfort in the West want to see the bloodshed continue because of our pride and egos?

My reference to putting aside pride/egos was towards the ICU. They were the perfect excuse, and although I am not fond of conspiracy theories I do believe with their open declarations of war they were part of the plan to give the excuse for American backed Ethiopian troops to enter Somalia. My suggestion has always been they should’ve stayed in Xamar.....but instead they went on territorial expansion, worrying regional foes, and thus made the chicken come home to roost. My next suggestion would’ve been in that case do not fight but abandon the entire city and save it from destruction, let the TFG government be, Ethiopia does support both SL/PL, Southland or something to that effect doesn’t look bad to me. And if they are eager to fight or true to the message they preach, then why not go to ogade1n and take the fight there? I don’t believe Somalia will have an ideal nation, to make that happen I support my idea of making Somalia a colony for 50 years or so of a powerful nation preferably Muslim. You will one day remember my idea sxb, I am brilliant. I believe this is what the international community (read America) wants Ethiopia to be is the dominate power in the Horn and they are here to stay for the long haul.

Response to Paragraph 3:

My response although done playfully, was nonetheless accurate backed up by detailed data, that those who instigate the Puntland card, and they do this quiet often happen to fall under two categories the sympathizers and instigators, Ethiopia remains an excuse and overshadowed by the blood of AY. You and others u named see this and call it what it is. But ur point is relevant, since he leads the TFG the spotlight will be on his clan, but I was just saying I don’t take this fakers at face value. Men do not change over night, those whom were clanists tribal militias all of sudden do not become nationalists, you may choose to believe it but not I. The sad reality remains Somalia it is what it is, a divided tribal state, which is very poor and improvished. The main reason why I support trustship of a strong country, because Ethiopia here or gone, u are back where u started.

I know if you make yourself believe then perhaps the Ethiopian occupation can simply be dismissed as proxy war between Somalia clans, as some of you like to wish!

Its proxy war between Ethiopia and Eriteria, each trying to frustrate the plans of the other,

this is play poltiics with the lives of Somalis and destruction is not their capitals but ours.

Gabbal   

Khalaf, the situation has made it perfect for individuals with rather dishonest veneers to try to reinvent history and heroify the said ICU, particularly in so far as its latter stages is concerned. The current situation in Somalia and the emotions running high as a result of it provides the perfect spider's web, so to say, that is used to lure unsuspecting and rather largely uninformed persons to the historical re-inventor's position and makes it effortless for them to recruit these persons to lead and/or be part of what would be deemed witch-hunts, in every sense of the world.

While I am not in agreement with a good number of the sentiments you seemed to have expressed, I am happy to say I share your sentiment that the ICU has a large part of the blame concerning what is today happening in Somalia. I would even go so far as to say maybe even the majority of the blame considering the ICU, as Somali entity, carried the responsibility of the masses it spoke for on its shoulders, something the blood-thirsty and largely opportunistic Ethiopian regime did not. One would then be justified in alleging it was the ICU hawk position and daily rallying calls of "we will invade Ethiopia" and the more news-catching "we will invite foreign fighters in from the Middle East and South-Asia" that is the cause of all our problems as it is what legitimized Ethiopian incursion into the nation, legitimacy being something it has not coveted before and largely prevented them from admitting to anything other than a handful of trainers of theirs being in the territory of the Somali Republic. Bear in mind that is also what in the past ruled out any sizable force of theirs being in the Republic; at least large enough to have its presence noted by journalists.

Despite the emotions reigning because of the current situation, one must at all costs try to stay honest and attempt to speak the truth even if there are re-inventors waiting at every turn seizing the chance to discredit and/or vilify anyone speaking contrary to their re-invention of history or what they deem as necessary to attain them solidarity and sympathy, if that is anything they are missing in light of the barbaric Ethiopian actions in the country.

The day, that Somaliland as a whole agrees to participate the slaughter of it’s brethren in Somalia or even in Somali-galbeed, at the behest of the Ethiopian’s Army, without anyone objecting to it; then in that day the moral indictment that Puntland are at the moment charge with, will also be levelled at the feet of Somaliland – both as a people and as State (in the legal sense of that word).

Oodaweyne, Somaliland started selling somalis from that Region to Meles back in 1996 and the last incident being less than 2 months ago, was the round up of 30 men and delivering to Meles.

Upto this date, Somaliland public in general, guurti, culimo and human right orgs. have not come out and spoke against this. This only tells me that they all agree with their admin. Why else would they all be silent abt the selling of their somalis brothers and sisters to Tigrey and Xabasha?

Jacpher   

^Not all but those in the circle of the leadership do. It's two-way street. Turn over them boys in return of keeping the illusive dream of recognition alive and a half dozen box of ammunition. It's the oldest trick in the book, divide and rule. Ethiopia is playing this game very well and it's not going to lose sight of these men anytime soon. It's up to Somalia to find better and bold leadership that leads by example, not through gun barrel.

Jacpher   

^Looks are deceiving yaa Cabdalla.

I don't want to repeat but I think xiinfaniin has already pointed out how the public is manipulated and subjugated by the local government body, off course with the help of Amxaaro. I think it's a moot point to cast blame on the populace for the dirty work of their SL or PL admin or even Moqdisho residents.