Sign in to follow this  
QabiilDiid

Next time hire me to be your agent!!!

What sense does it make? Nausea!! Matag!! 250 Somali youth died for Morgan and Hiiraale in a matter of few days!! Why didn't they call me to become their agent for Hollywood to take live picture for Reality T.Vs. They could have become billionaires.

------------------------------------

East African Standard

Monday September 27, 2004

Somalis reject Morgan

By Victor Obure and Boniface Ongeri

Somalia warlords yesterday rejected plans to include Mohammed Hirsi alias General Morgan in the Igad peace talks in Nairobi and termed his surrender to Kenyan authorities as "kicks of a dying horse".

They said the inclusion of the embattled general in the almost concluded peace process for reconstruction of the war-ravaged country was of no consequence as the interim Parliament had long been formulated.

Their rejection comes after Somalia envoy ambassador Mohammed Affey invited Morgan to the negotiation table as fresh fighting between Militia factions threatened to derail the two-year peace process.

Somalia delegates were optimistic that his inclusion was likely to speed up the process but his rival warlord rejected the move and branded him a trouble-shooter who may never settle for peace.

Barre Hirale the leader of the Somalia National Front and newly sworn in Gedo region MP Col Abdirisak Isak Bihi said Morgan had no mandate to influence any decision at the top since he was not an elected MP and therefore had no representation.

"He is an entity and should treated as such because we strongly dispute his claims that he controls a large part of lower Juba region. That is rubbish, the man do not even have a clout at village level," they retorted at separate interviews.

They claimed that Morgan only opted to join the peace talks out of desperation after the Juba Valley alliance forces over ran his troupes forcing him to surrender to Kenyan authorities at the border.

"Morgan is a general without an army and that is why his only option was to revert to the talks but we can only allow him there in his individual capacity," Hirale said.

He claimed that the alliance forces killed 180 members of Morgan’s Somalia Salvation development front (SSDF) faction at Dobley border town during last week’s fighting.

Hirale, however, admitted that the alliance forces lost 70 troops before they were overpowered and ejected SSDF militiamen majority of who escaped into Kenyan territory.

"We will proceed with the reconstruction process as scheduled and ensure that we have our new president by October 10 with or without Morgan because he is irrelevant," he said.

He also denied claims that the alliance faction triggered the renewed fighting and were being sponsored by Al-hitihad movement, a proscribed organisation with close links to Al-Qaida terrorist group.

Nayruus, I see your point. It ridiculously absurd how these vermins exploit these kids in the most deceptive way.

But, I wouldn't put much weight on the 250 report. It is merely the political expediency that Hiiraale is persuing on that occasion. The total death on both sides of this conflict has been disclosed to be approximately 40. As far as I am aware, there were no massacres.

LSKT, sxb, it is understandable every Somali terror-inducing warlord, in his mind, is engaged in pseudo political games and using the lives of dimwitted Somali kids as bargaining chips to score meaningless and crooked objectives. But, what boggles the mind is why would horror (in the true meaning of both Somali and English) Hiiraale exaggerate the death causality numbers from his side? Wouldn’t it be logical, if we go explore his skull, that he should have lowered his losses? I think the report of this East African Standard has some merit and the number of death, forget the wounded, is, more or less, not far from 250. I am assuming that he exaggerated the number of these who died for the bloodthirsty maniac Moorgan. In other words JVA’s death number is more than 70 and that of maniac Moorga’s is less than 180!

I think there was a horrible massacre between the forces of these maniacs and an unspeakable butchery of innocent bystanders in a very short period. Maniac Moorgan wouldn’t have run to Nairobi if his losses were not that much!

I think the Somalis journalists including these who are manning BBC Somali Service have failed the Somali people and I recommend them to acquire more sophisticated investigative skills than they have now.

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Gabbal   

Walahi it is sad indeed, and all because of the selfishness of an individual and his backers :mad:

How dare he come to Nairobi expecting to seek position of power. :mad: imagin if he had one, the man would have held the peace process hostage! :mad:

Besides I don't know how intelligent Morgan is, but doesn't he know there is NO WAY possible to include him the government now?

He was shut out of the Parliament by his sub-clan (or Abdulahi Yusuf to be accurate), and all the other positions left are to by awarded by VOTE. What did he think he was going to be given by going to Nairobi, except asylum?

The least I can say about the situation is he made the biggest blunder in his life.

OG_Girl   

It is very sad young people are dying who are the future of Somalia and we are loosing them like sheep just to satisfy the blood thirst of some greedy warlords.

Whether the numbers are 70 or 250 that is beside the point, cause those who are dying are our fellow Somali fathers, brothers and so on, regardless of their tribe. I am against any warlord. Morgan and Bare Hiraale are no exception since neither of them are any better. Therefore, I say both of these warlords are as bad as each other and evil to say the least.

Thus, Horn brother criticising one and praising another, I believe to be wrong and serves no purpose but to increase hate, mistrust and will get us nowhere. I just feel sorry for the young people who are dying in the services of these evil warlords who brainwashed them. However, I feel also sorrier for my people who support the warlords and fall for their lies.

I am against rewarding criminals for committing crimes and killing innocent people. Since some people though want to reward Abdallah Yusuf to be the president of Somalia, what do you think other warlords will do to get into a position of power? I believe they will kill as many poor people as possible and cause maximum damages because they know the rewards are high the more hard criminal you are!

Having said though, if it brings peace to Somalia by having Morgan in the table so be it since we are rewarding others likes him and remember is the poor who are suffering most and not us who are living abroad and having plenty to eat.

Justice should be for ALL . Can't be for some and not for other just because some are more evil than another.

Salam

Gabbal   

if it brings peace to Somalia by having Morgan in the table

That is the point exactly dear Og sis. It is impossible to bring Morgan to the table, because you get to the table by clan membership.

That is what the whole point of the 4.5 formula is based on, and while that is the Law of the Parliament as of the moment, it would be impossible to includ Morgan in the government,

..unless Abdulahi Yusuf gives Jinni-Boqor's seat to Morgan, now that the former has lost favor with the colonel

OG_Girl   

unless Abdulahi Yusuf gives Jinni-Boqor's seat to Morgan

I don't know Jini or Insi . All I know is if they gave other worlords seats they should give him too. You can't have peace till you treat all at same level....This is just my opinion .

We have an opitions BUT these innocent people DON'T have any option!.I don't see faces and names like Morgan or Bare Hirale...I can just imagine cleary these people who dying there! Can you see my point?

I don't know If ALL just pure clan why not given to him?

Salam

Gabbal   

ll I know is if they gave other worlords seats they should give him too.

Og_Girl another misunderstanding sis. :cool:

The parliament seats are based on clans and sub-clans. Each sub-clan was given a certain amount of seats.

Morgan's beel was given 12 seats.

While other sub-clans were choosing their members collectively, Abdulahi Yusuf single-handedly (except for some who he was forced to accept from IGAD like Jamac Cali Jamac) chose the people who would sit in the seats of not just his sub-clan, but of the greater sub-clan too. He didn't give Morgan a seat., and so the only way of being in parliament was to be chosen by your sub-clan, Morgan was shut out by his own folks.

However Barre Biiraale was given a seat by his sub-clan, while Morgan was left out by his sub-clan.

Do you get it now? The whole parliament is running on clans and sub-clans and the number of seats they were given.

OG_Girl   

Horn, I think I can understantand what you talking about .I was born and grow up same clanish society ( qabaly )as somalia just only different people don't kill each other any more now...they passed that stage long time ago.

However,I never accepted whole THINGS as something acceptable. Is just quite disturbing.

Let us hope things will change for sake of people who have nothing to gain from this war as we say " la naqatah lahom walla jamal feha".

Salam