Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Bollore Africa Logistics eyes port concessions in Eastern Africa - Berbera

French company Bollore Africa Logistics announced Thursday it won a tender to develop the Port of Berbera in self-declared state of Somaliland to help land- locked Ethiopia ease its maritime and port services needs.

Dominique Lafont, CEO of Bollore Africa Logistics, announced in Nairobi that the facility will help ease Ethiopia import and export needs through maritime transport system and open new income stream for the government of Somaliland.

Do you have a problem with that ?? ,,,

This is great news and will help the local economy in Berbera. Look at the bigger picture folks.

The only downside of this is that this brings more Ethiopian truckers into the country. we all know what that means.

Hales   

Its important to consider the financial props it will bring into the region, Somaliland neither has the incentive or the indemnity to consider overall Somali relations with Ethiopia especially a desperate time in which can create ramifications to its seccessionist objectives.

The only downside of this is that this brings more Ethiopian truckers into the country. we all know what that means.

I know what it means but there are other activities already going on to prevent such problems ....

jacayl baro...you are debating with people who saxib dont really care. They will use small print and make that an issue..ie...example.

WORLD PEACE AND WAR DAY...is for them WORLD WAR DAY!

they choose what they wanna see. one is allegedly claiming to be from erigavo a town he has never been too or never will, because it is a seperate country, thats the only reason why he wants federalism, federalism entails he will have erigavo and still be part of his so called state.

the other guy, understanding that national soverignty is national soverignty, no one is infringing on national soverigty they are simply saying, that it will be the main user of the port, but ultimately is somalilands says no...its no..ethiopia can not force us to use our port.

simple !!!!

in relation to seccessionist objectives...looooool!

secceed from what saxib, somalia doesnt exist.

example two brothers...handcuffed together one gets shoot in the head, his body is lifeless and the other finds the key..saxib, its that simple.

Somalida wa xasadin...the issue of somaliland is not about seccessionism, because Somaliland saxib created Somaliweyn and unified the two states, it argued for the liberation of Ethiopias fifth region were alot of its people live, and djibouti.

The issue is about in reality, i dont want them to succeed because they will be better then me, thats why Somali's are cursed and nothing works out for them politically, look at southern somalia..look at puntland..non existent in name only entities.

Go to Adis abba the ques of people from bosaso..asking to leave going from embassy to embassy, is a tragedy.

nothing will work out for you, until you want say may Allah give you the best, may Allah give you success, peace and prosperty. The day Somalia says I except the legitimate right of my brothers if they have chosen that route, i respect it, you will see everything work for you.

Look at Somaliland compared with the rest of you?

its because they have a different mentality, thats why Allah has shown them mercy and development. while you get death, human trafficing, piracy, inflation that is ridiculous and everything imaginable.

This is indeed good work and a good step in the right direction for the somaliland port the investment from these kind of venture will improve berbera and saaxil province as a whole and also the somaliland economy i welcome this this will surely improve the infrastructure of the country and also gain more employment of the somaliland people, berbera city will be transformed in to a industrious working transportation this is indeed good work well done