Sign in to follow this  
qumane

Somaliland under terrorist attack

Castro   

Originally posted by Rahima:

Somali terrorists? What a joke
:D

How is it a joke? Terrorism in Somalia by Somalis has been rampant for decades. To establish ties with international terrorists is just the next step. Globalization it's called. What about the would-be London bombers? Were they dressed in clown suits when they tried to blow up the subway station? Sister Rahima, Somalis are more than capable of becoming terrorists. The ingredients are there. The disenfranchisement is obvious. The ignorance is abundant. And finally, the religion is misunderstood.

^^

What the hell are you talking about? Seems like you've accepted the Western definition of terrorism. Oops, I forgot, there is no definitive definition of exactly what or who constitutes a terrorist. According to the Somaliland officials, the detained men were "terrorists" because they were an obstacle to peace. By that same definition, aren't the American occupation forces in Iraq terrorists (since Iraq hasn't known peace since the fall of Baqhdad)?

SULDAANKA -

Remind me again how many Somaliland-owned trucks have been burned in Kilinka Shanaad recently? Ogow, sxb, meelna waad ku badantihiin, meelna waa la'idinka badanyahay.

NGONGE -

I knew you hit the jackpot with your first post: Advertise the election, get Western attention. Everyone's doing that nowadays - pretty pathetic, really.

Gabbal   

Oops, I forgot, there is no definitive definition of exactly what or who constitutes a terrorist.

Didn't you know, Wind, that every man (and currently woman) that prays five times a day is worthy to be called terrorist? smile.gif

Xargaga   

Quote: I blive you wish for them to disrupt the somaliland progress.

Who in particular saxb? i think the somalilanders themselves disrupted their own progress after electing likes of riyale who perfected in the cigaals old fashioned politics of sarrounding himself with dummies like ismaciil bulubuluq who personally gave such an embarassing statement. what made riyale a favorite in the place of silanyo the well educated politician? Qof walba waa ogyahay saxb soomalida kale waxba madhaantan qabyalad xun baa idinkaba idin dhex taal and that riyale takes an advantage next time tolow maxaa la odhan? ayman zawahiri oo kilka shanaad kayimi ayaa daalo jooga miyaa?

Beerlula   

Suldaanka- I absolutely agree with you , we need more waads like sh. Dirir and not the confused/seef la bood types who r rampant nowadays. The guy is truly one of a kind.

^^true say sis

Remind me again how many Somaliland-owned trucks have been burned in Kilinka Shanaad recently? Ogow, sxb, meelna waad ku badantihiin, meelna waa la'idinka badanyahay.

If you didn't know, there are many thousands of them who own and operate businesses in Somaliland. We have no problems with them. But if things continue like that and they continue to burn down Somaliland owned trucks, then I am affraid things will degenerate into that level.

Who in particular saxb? i think the somalilanders themselves disrupted their own progress after electing likes of riyale who perfected in the cigaals old fashioned politics of sarrounding himself with dummies like ismaciil bulubuluq who personally gave such an embarassing statement.

Minister of Int. Mudane Ismacil Adan better known as Ismail Yare, although he seems to be very heavyhanded in some aspects of his job, I am in complete support on how he handled the current terror scare. He was sharp in his message and it did achieve its intended target and aim.

What made riyale a favorite in the place of silanyo the well educated politician?

What in "popular vote" you don't understand? Its a levelled playing field. You get more votes, you win. Why the majority voted for Rayaale and not Siilaanyo? That you will need to ask each and every voter who casted his vote for Rayaale.

Originally posted by Suldaaanka:

If you didn't know, there are many thousands of them who own and operate businesses in Somaliland. We have no problems with them. But if things continue like that and they continue to burn down Somaliland owned trucks, then I am affraid things will degenerate into that level.

[/QB]

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. In circles we continue, on and on and on...

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by Suldaaanka:

I never expected from you Suldaan to stoop to such shallow level..

NGONGE   

^^^ I have no idea what this guy is talking about (background of story), however, knowing Somali nature, do you disagree with his conclusions?

Jumatatu   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^^ I have no idea what this guy is talking about (background of story), however, knowing Somali nature, do you
disagree
with his conclusions?

Yes according to the norm of Somali society today in reference to the 'background story' you had no idea about .. :D

But I will rather condemn it rather than condone it.

I never expected from you Suldaan to stoop to such shallow level

Well, it is happening right now my friend. They started to go to that level, but we are still holding our head above water. It is a matter of when. You know there is a limit, and we are Somalis.

It all started from the capture of 33 alleged ONLF members in Hargeisa who crossed from Eritrea into Somaliland via Djibouti. The story goes, they were caught with armory and other equipments, and the government says they were trained in Eritrea for ONLF and so they have no right to be hiding in Somaliland or using Somalialnd as a transit point.

When that news was aired on BBC, the head of the ONLF organisation gave an interview calling on all ONLF members to target any thing that has "Somaliland" origin. (This is where the degeneration started)

So, since that time, 53 Somaliland own trucks each being the 40-TON carriers and their goods estimated to be between 30-50 thousands USD, were burned down to the ashes. And as of late just a month ago, 3 men of Somaliland origin were taken captive and later murdered.

The 33 ONLF members that were taken custody in Hargeisa, a court ruled that 27 of them to be set free because the prosecutor didn't produce enough evidence for their conviction. The remaining 6 are still held in custody and they await for further court process.

Anyways, that is how things are thus far.

So, the owners of the trucks and goods that the ONLF burned want answers too.

So, I am not suggesting anything here, I was merely trying to sketch the possible scenarios that might take place if things continue as they are.

This is a political problem, but they want to change it into clan problem. And that is where the problem lies. And you know in clans, geela lagaa dhaco, geelisa ayaad soo dhacaysa, ninka lagaa dilo ninkiisa ayaad u dilaysaa... that is where it is heading. Allah forbid.

Baashi   

Suldaanka,

There is a political contest between Ethiopian oppressive regime vs. Somali freedom fighters in our neighboring country. Why do the bidding of the stronger side and tight the robe on the weaker party's neck? Why my friend? Don't spin it in answering this simple question saaxiib.

As to the topic I agree with Libaax. Hargeisa regime scored big and I mean BIG. Adduunyo.

^ To be honest I wasn't expecting that from you Baashi. That is too W.T'ish :eek:

Inaad dagaalkii jidbaalena soo jiqilo weyneyd ayaan u haystee. :D

Baashi   

In 1977 the clannish fervency that you are having now were under check. Somali state went to war. Whether that war was right or not is different topic for another time. It was the Somali state that welcomed the refugees under the executive order of the strongman at the time. It beats me why you are trying so hard to portray history this way Suldaan.

Nimanka la dulmiyay ee waliba lagu eedaynayo inay diinta daacad u yihiin waqtigaa ka hiiliyey. Awoowe adduun galinba waa ceyn. Waa ayaan darro hadii nin Muslim ah oo misana jinsiyadiisu Somali tahay oo nabad iyo daris wanaag biday Hargeysa in aqalka lagala baxo oo cadaw gacanta loo galiyo. Awoowe isu hambalyeeya waa adduune.

Waryaa maxaad beenta ku fashey kabacdina u tirtirtay. Waan dili laheen kula haa. War maxaad isku fashtay walle been baad isugu sheegi oo waxaad awood u laheen baad is tustay. Remember aabaha kacaanka wouldn't tolerate anything bad happening to his maternital uncle's that's why he settled them all in Hargaysa town, then you would actually do anything about it because as baashi already stated it "there were welcomed by the state and not your people because remember your people were at that time still under the colonisation, slavery and occupation pick whatever you like to refer to that era alongside your USC friends because those times were unhappy day's for you but now atleast you've your home back and you'll never ever accept to be ruled by clan Xxxxxx again