Sign in to follow this  
ProudSista

What's so wrong with a lady asking...Him to marry her??

I know it's normally the men to ask his lady for the hand in marriage, but what if he isn't mentioning it to ya & you fear that things are starting to flame na mean...!!

I'm speaking from experience here, well me & this brother we're getting a pit to close & since he kept telling me how much he loved me & so on...I made a move hello i really loved him back & since satan is near & far I asked him to marry me the right way InshAllah...

For a while i had a felling, that i was right now am not sure anymore.. :confused:

It's ok to go out on dates, to have fun probably even screw or be screwed but marriage seems to be an issue why?

I'm not the type to full around & marriage is very important to me, but what is it that's wrong in my doings that just seems to freak out brother's when I open the marriage book... redface.gif

Anyways enough about moi, explain sister is it wrong for a women to ask a men for marriage if he isn't suggesting it & you truly care about him...???

I'm out for now

Plz holla!

Sorry to intrude on this post but is it only for the ladies to answer?.Getting screwed or screwing before a marriage is not right and my point of view is that I find it disgusting to settle down with un-halal person as I feel that, what I am should be what I expect to receive.

Sleeping around is not my cup of tea. Lets leave that for the infidels! I think it is not a bad idea to ask a guy to marry you!.

Its fine as long as you too are close together and in the same place. Being apart makes things tricky due to the distance. You dont know what he is doing and he doesnt know what you are doing.

Marriage is not a joke and it is a symbol of being together for allah and for the love of two people. It is compulsory to get married.

So asking a guy to get married is 100% okay sis and it shows how strong you are. If he aint got the guts then its good for a lady to ask.

Much Love

Millenium

P.S Be patient in life and you will get what you want, amin.

A7LA-SHU   

dym girl u gotta be super woman to do that.. sorry to say this but no matter how much i love the brother. i would never i mean never ask him to marry me. gee is his job to ask.. i might hint hint but not will u marry me... my job is to say get lost if he ain't my type, or say yes baby :D:D

i understand u were only tryin to do the right thing and that is good. but i guess that brotha wasn't really about the marriage thing. sorry if i sound im judgin the guy without knowin the first thing about him. but a real, good, respectful brotha will ask just keep dat in mind. and if u feel u don't wanna do anything with him girl that is fine just say back off nigga, just don't ask him to marry ya.. coz only god knows if he is serious about ya.... and sorry to say this that is why isn't good idea to date. im not sayin stop talkin to guys at all. but to date date... no thanks....

n yeah if this gonna make u feel better u not the first girl who done this. and he isn't the first brotha who was freaked out lol.. my homeboys girl did that. lets just say he didn't even have the guts to answer it.. he just ignored her.. and later on he was like, is she sick? something wrong wrong with her? is she hidin something? that is how big deal it is for girl to say marry me.. sorry but everytime i remember that $h!t i laugh wallahi..

Rahima   

Islamically, there is nothing wrong with it. Khadija asked Rasuallah the big question.

But personally, never (inshallah). I honestly can never see myself ever doing that.

I cannot explain why, but i see it as degrading for a woman to ask in today's society. Just an opinion!

Changed   

u actually did it ? damnnnnnnnnnn girl :eek: masha allah ........welll there is nothing wrong with asking him to marry u and if he freaked out that means he is too weak of a person to handle a strong woman that knows what she wants and actually goes for what she wants .....and if u find another man that u like pop the question and this time get in ur kneees. icon_razz.gif

I don't think there's anything wrong with asking him to marry you. However, the difficulty could be that (altho you may feel it's right for the relationship to go in that direction) if he hasn't asked you so far, then he might not be intending to ask at all. But I think it's best to find out one way or another rather than waiting around for him...u kno they always take their sweet time.

It's not very common for the girl to do the asking tho. ProudSista...I think you are a very gutsy gal, Mansha'Allah. ;)

Mashallah Proudsista you have some guts. There is nothing wrong with asking a guy to marry you. If you know what you want, I say go after it, but I personally wouldn't have the courage to ask a guy to marry me.

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

Imagining my self to ask brother to marry me...hell no, he will run right the way, man scares from marriage more than a woman. give the brother time to prepare girl. If u r ready and he is not , just give him space when he sees u distining ur self from him that time he will feel he loosing u and he will ask u to marry him or hit the road. BUT ASKING HIM TO MARRY HIM ......BIG NO.

Salaam

OG_GIRL,

ask me to marry you and see if i run from you or towards you.lol.

what is wrong in asking him to marry you?

in my opinion i don't see anything wrong if the girl i am seeing asks me to marry her.

my answer will be simple either NO or YESSSSS.

Xafsa   

Proud sistah...I like your style....Its takes alot of strength.

I for one could see me asking a brotha to marry me...if I feel very strongly about him and he seems to feel the same way...I would go ahead and pop the question. I am not a patient person so I can't wait around for him to ask...i'd rather know right away if we're gonna be together for the long run. ( clown....hint...hint ;) )

But you have to keep in mind that most somali men aren't comfortable with a somali sister who takes matters into her own hands....so even though the guy might feel the same way about you....he might be alittle apprehensive about the whole thing. SO you have to be prepared for any outcome.

peace and luv

Og-girl now why would a man run if you ask him to marry you? Is there something your not telling us? :D

Brother'z & sisters i appreciate your open mind & your reply's may allah reward you all for that amiin.

MIZZ-UNIQUE, well I did think about getting down my knees but i wasn't sure if the brother would faint on me icon_razz.gif

Anyways now i know that their is nothing wrong with my act, InshAllah watch me scushh this "......." :D:D

much love, i'm out!

ProudSista,

Like the other wonderful nomads have told u, there's absolutely nothing wrong with you asking. Infact I believe the point of talking to a brotha is to find a connection that will take you to the next level, bingo marriage!. There's no such thing as dating for the sake of dating, there's a purpose to it. So ma dear, it takes alot of courage and self-knowlege to challenge a man what the purpose of the relationship is. Masha allah, you go girl.

Qac Qaac   

hey girls what's wrong if u guys ask the question. r u guys afraid that the guy would say no. hey we wouldn't faint if this was seen more often, guys faint, coz they expect to ask. but to me personally i wouldn't mind if a girl asks me. damn that saves alot of time. atleast i would know how she feels. so pls sisters don't be scared and pop the question. 4get about the emotional stuff.

but u have to ask the right guys who are ready for marriage, not a guy u just saw him in a movie cenema. come on. he has to be marriage material

MD   

4get about the emotional stuff.

lol it's not that easy hey it's really hard woow ur soo brave proud_sista i can never imagine myself doing that, but again good luck! ;)

LuCkY   

PROUD_SISTA GIRL LET ME SAY THIS YOU HAVE GOT GUTS AND BOY ARE YOU A VERY STRONG WOMAN. I SEE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH GALS PROPOSING TO GUYS...INFACT IT SHOWS THE GUYS THAT THE GIRL HAS A STRONG SENSE OF SELF AND IS RISKING WHATEVER MAY BE AT STAKE. *ITS HIS LOSS, DONT YOU THINK? HE WAS PROBABLY AFRAID OF COMMITTMENT OR HE JUST WASNT MEANT FOR YOU.*

I SAY POP THE QUESTION AGAIN WHEN MR.RIGHT COMES ALONG AND THIS TIME DO IT IN A VERY ROMANTIC SETTING, BREATH-TAKING PLACE THAT HE AND YOU WILL SURE REMEMBER. AND GOOD LUCK TO YOU...I MEAN TO ALL OF US THAT ARE STILL LOOKING FOR THEIR MATE.

Talk about having balls. :eek:

How can a sister ever do that?

I seriously sometimes think that girls who do that are either deprest ot depressed or somehow just plain CRAZY.

I know that I would never do that even though I loved him very dearly.