Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

USA: 30 days till President Barack Obama Duke poll of polls...

obama.png

Obama is a head in

all the swing states.

Battlegrounds

Florida= Obama +3.0

Ohio = Obama +2.0

Michigan = Obama +7.0

Virginia = Obama +2.4

Minnesota = Obama +5.0

Colorado = Obama +4.4

Iowa = Obama +9.5

Nevada = Obama +1.8

New Mexico = Obama +7.9

New Hampshire = Obama +5.6

Coloow   

Did you guys know anything about the "Brady/Bradely" effect? Years ago, there was a black dude who led in the polls in Carlifornia. He lost when it came to the voting.

People say one thing to the pollsters and do something else on polling day. Obama's lead should be double digits before one can say with certainity that he is going to win.

America is not ready for a man of colour to lead them. Specially in those states that matter. I hope I will be proven wrong.

Horn, adeer the TFG is the least of our worries. We need jobs, better education opportunities for our children, we need affordable healthcare and a government that will help the average American who is worried about the economy and the Wall Street meltdown. We need change adeer, we need a second New Deal a new FDR and that’s why so many are putting their hopes on Barack and Biden.

Will he bring back the JVA, I don’t think so. ;)

.... Baadiyiyow, Adeer the Bradley effect was before Hurricane Obama made land fall. You have the Democrats pissed at the last 8 years of George W and Republican rule. You have the nation tired of the war, scared of the economic meltdown, ordinary folks are losing their jobs, their homes and their retirement savings, this is the climate which Obama has found himself he represents change and the public wants change. This is historic my lad, Barry is gonna make history saxib.

Whats the alternative to Obama/Biden?

John Mccain and his parrot from Alaska.

Coloow   

At the end of the day it is not what the world thinks about Bush's policies but the american voters that matter.

It is not our alternatives that matter, is it? Furthermore, the liberal states (with an intellectia that is rational) don't matter. Ca, NY, vote democratic anyway. It is what happens in Florida, Pen state, Ohio (rustbelts), NC/SC and most of the southern states that matter. And history teaches us that those states have racists, bigots and maybe a few qabilists ala somali style.

There is a large percentage of undecided voters; besides it is proven in statistically based research that people say one thing and do another thing.

God forbid but come the 4th of november I think Mcain will be the president.

By the way do you know the meaning of "lad"? It doesn't fit in with the "adeer" word.

I am talking about American voters saxib.. The public is hurting right now, their sons are at war, their 401K's and pensions are depleted and their live is harder that it was 8 years ago. From education to forecolusres to the pump...

Thats why Obama has a greater chance than Kerry or Gore..

The largest block are the youth, who use cell phones and thus have not been picked up by the landline using polls

Also while many are still racist you have the Blacks, the Latino's and other minorities hyped about this candidate. You also have the liberl well educated masses who are tired of the cultural wars of Karl Rove et al..

Adeer you are my lad nah mean ;)

God forbid Mccsame becomes President..

All smiles for Obama in the sunshine state Florida was the state that broke Democrats' hearts in 2000 after a heart-stopping recount favoured George W Bush over Al Gore. Eight years later Barack Obama is surging ahead in the polls, and his supporters are dreaming of revenge in one of the crucial battlegrounds of the election.

A worldwide economic crisis can make a lot of difference to a voter. Or at least it has done to Isabelle Murawski. For the past two elections, the pensioner has reliably voted for George W Bush, casting her ballot in Florida's Broward County, one of the epicentres of the voting debacle that saw Bush win the White House in 2000.

But now Murawski is going to vote for Barack Obama. 'I am supporting Obama, I think,' she said, while strolling in Florida's warm sunshine in the coastal resort town of Hollywood.
'It's the economy first and foremost. Everyone I know is worried about their pensions.'

Guardian

My internals shows Obama leading by 1. For the next few weeks (starting today) the McCain camp is going to throw the kitchen sink at Obama. We seek safe harbor.

Anyways, how about a train methapor for the candidates. smile.gif

electiontrains.jpg

By the way, the Gray Lady has a nice article on Obama's new fortunes.

Economic Unrest Shifts Electoral Battlegrounds

Having said that, McCain has a new plan and this will be seen in the next few days

Sen. John McCain and his Republican allies are readying a newly aggressive assault on Sen. Barack Obama's character, believing that to win in November they must shift the conversation back to questions about the Democrat's judgment, honesty and personal associations, several top Republicans said.

With just a month to go until Election Day, McCain's team has decided that its emphasis on the senator's biography as a war hero, experienced lawmaker and straight-talking maverick is insufficient to close a growing gap with Obama. The Arizonan's campaign is also eager to move the conversation away from the economy, an issue that strongly favors Obama and has helped him to a lead in many recent polls.

"We're going to get a little tougher," a senior Republican operative said, indicating that a fresh batch of television ads is coming. "We've got to question this guy's associations. Very soon. There's no question that we have to change the subject here," said the operative, who was not authorized to discuss strategy and spoke on the condition of anonymity.

washingtonpost.com

BREAKING NEWS

Obama to preempt coming McCain assault

McCain officials had said early in the weekend that they plan to begin advertising after Tuesday’s debate that will tie Obama to convicted money launderer Tony Rezko and former Weathermen radical William Ayers.

But Obama isn’t waiting to respond. His campaign is going up Monday on national cable stations with a scathing ad saying: “Three quarters of a million jobs lost this year. Our financial system in turmoil. And John McCain? Erratic in a crisis. Out of touch on the economy. No wonder his campaign wants to change the subject.

Breaking News the Dow is down more than 500 points today...Its the economy, economy, economy people...

Mccain camp... "If We Keep Talking About The Economic Crisis, We're Going To Lose"

McCain's course correction reflects a growing case of nerves within his high command as the electoral map has shifted significantly in Obama's favor in the past two weeks.

"It's a dangerous road, but we have no choice," a top McCain strategist told the Daily News. "If we keep talking about the economic crisis, we're going to lose."

huffingtonpost.com

Ayrs Vs Keiting.............

Tasked with defending John McCain's past involvement in the "Keating Five" scandal, the Senator's legal representative tried to dismiss the entire significance of what occurred some two decades ago.

Speaking to reporters on a conference call, John Dowd, a partner at the powerhouse lobbying/consulting firm Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, painted the Keating investigation as a "political smear job" led by Democrats who needed to make the issue a bipartisan embarrassment rather than own it themselves.

"He was the only Republican in that hearing and so it had some political overtones given that Democrats were in deep trouble," said Dowd. "John was the only senator who essentially threw Charles Keating out of his office and he did that before there were any allegations of impropriety."

As John Aravosis and Ben Smith both noted, in making such an assertion, Dowd is contradicting none other than McCain himself. The Senator has previously called the Keating scandal "the worst moment in my life," implicitly acknowledging that while his activities may not have been criminal, they were unacceptable.

"The appearance of it was wrong," McCain declared in retrospect. "It's a wrong appearance when a group of senators appear in a meeting with a group of regulators, because it conveys the impression of undue and improper influence. And it was the wrong thing to do."