Sign in to follow this  
Coloow

What about the people?

ICU had failed. The let us down. ICU is responsible of the death of hundreds of somalis including children as they started and inititiated this war. People like Indhacade and his close associates should be brought to justice in the future IA. Tragedy Walaahi!

Kashafa   

ICU had failed. The let us down. ICU is responsible of the death of hundreds of somalis including children as they started and inititiated this war. People like Indhacade and his close associates should be brought to justice in the future IA. Tragedy Walaahi!

Crocodile tears naga kale yareey my Ethiopian collaboratin' brother(oxymoron ? can one be an Etho-butt kisser and, at the same time, Kashafa's brother ?). At a time when Etho Mig-21's are bombarding Somali civillian areas, all you manage to do is feebly point fingers at the ICU. I won't even get started with Adeer Hiraale and Kismayo and allat good stuff. Just don't shed any fake tears when on the inside you're bubbling with joy at the prospect of Etho tanks, armour, and airplanes. Woooooo-hooooooooo. Saddle up, boys. Get the camels ready. We going back to Kismayo and Mogadisho and Marka Cadey and Afgooye. Yyyeaaaaggggggghhhhhhhhhh

Well, my erst-while akhi...let me take you back to the Battle of Uhud and see what lessons we can glean from our rich Islamic history.

Scene starts.

Says Abu Sufyaan, leader of the Qurayshi army, to the out-numbered Muslims who retreated to a nearby mountain: Ac'la Hubul(an Qurayshi idol) / May Hubul be on top(like glorified)

Prophet(PBUH): Alaa tujeeboonahu/Shall you not reply to him.

Companions: Famaa naqool / What shall we say ?

Prophet: Qooloo Allahu(SWT) Ac'laa wa Ajal/ Tell him: Allah is greater and more majestic

Says Abu Sufyan to that: Lanaa Cu'zaa(another Qurayshi idol) walaa Cu'zaa lakum/ We have Cu'zaa and there is no Cu'zaa for you.

Prophet again asks: Alaa tujeeboonahu/ Shall you not reply to him

Companions: Famaa naqool / What shall we say

Prophet: Qooloo Allahu Mawlanaa walaa Mawlaa lakum / Tell him Allah is our Mawlaa(Protecter) and you have not a Mawlaa.

Then Abu Sufyaan says: Youm biyoum Badr...Al-Xarbu sijaal / Today for the day of Badr, our war is equal now

Omar replies back with: Laa sawaa qatlaanaa fil jannah wa qatlaakum fil naar / It's not equal. Our dead are in Heaven and your dead are in Hell.

So, homey, you and the TFG can keep your Hubul(tribalism) and keep your Cu'zaa(Etho invaders) and all the other idols you worship, cuz we got our Mawlaa............. walaa mawlaaa lakum

Castro   

What is really at stake here? Sovereignty? We don't have any. Territorial integrity? We've never had any. Unity among our peoples? Please, don't make me laugh. What is at stake here? What are people still dying for after 16 years?

Who cares under which puppet Ethiopia now enters Somalia? What of all those who were killed by the hands of their own "brethren", to the tune of 2 million since 1990? What are we fighting for? What should we fight for? Both sides are screaming Allahu Akbar from their respective hills. They can't both be right, can they?

I said this six months ago when the ICU first took over Muqdishu, it is incumbent upon them to seize the moment and solidify their reign. See how the new crown fits. Clean up the rubbish from yesteryear. Work on the hearts and minds of the people. What do they do? They take up a bullhorn and call the Pakistanis and Afghanis to come to Somalia to fight. What utter nonsense. How could they possibly think these foreign fighters would help against the Ethiopians? Even worse, foreign fighters nowadays have standards. They won't waste their time killing small-time Ethiopians. They want to be where the real action is: Iraq. A place where they can kill the "real" infidels (the Americans).

What self-respecting "Jihadist" wants to be remembered for getting killed in god-forsaken Somalia fighting god-forsaken Ethiopians?

On the other side, the 5-year mandate of the TFG has, for all intents and purposes, come to an end. The TFG is practically dissolved. All that is left are media releases (written in the west) and photo ops. The delusion of those who believe there will be an FG coming out of this TFG is only paralleled by those who think the ICU can militarily defeat the Ethiopian army.

So, what is really at stake here?

Khalaf   

^^No worries adeer, it dont matter if 4 million are killed, whatever Allah Wills happens!

Kashafa, Allamagan has point sxb......after the defeat of warlords all Somalis supported the courts remember?- courts were announced in galkacyo, bossoso, garowe, burco, the ppl welcomed them and supported them, instead of inviting the other muslims in other regions, making peace, dealing with a weak government and making peace with barre in kismaayo who posed absolutely no threat they go and attack kismaayo (many ppl believe because of qabil to remove a strong man).........okey they attacked kismayo cool, did they behave like the army of Islam? No sxb they cut the throats of wounded soliders! Know seven ppl are in the hellfire amongst them is he who kills a muslim unlawfully!

U quoted our glorious history islam, how did the noble mujahideen deal with prisioners and on the battlefields-U know the answer sxb.....that is why Horn, Allamagan, many other Somalis fell off the bandwagon of icu after that incident in kismaayo because they c them (Allah knows best) with an agenda for qabil domination and not haaq-haaq is distinct from falsehood, still to this day there are no leaders from other qabils in leadership circle, aweys, abdiqasim have agendas, no one in particular those who been killers, rapists, looters can all of sudden become sheikhs overnite, many of the icu have qabil hatered, some ppl like us werent born yesterday this qabil shit goes way back hence why some are unconvinced of their holy struggle, there is no room for compromise my way or taste the sword..............the ugly facts, learn what the ikwanim did to the muslims in gedo, is that how an army of Allah deals with ppl? Where is the tolerance, excellance, and mercy of the mujahideen to other muslims and non-muslims? That’s why ppl dislike them, not qabil because in the beginning everyone supported them and welcomed them, their some elements of the courts fault as Allamagan said. Allah Knows best, but we hate the ethios army more!!!!

Coloow   

Ngonge, this will probably be my last contribution on somaliaonline for a while ( I am going to jot a few lines on the thread by Maskin and spare my thoughts for the future).

My friend, I can't understand why you downplay the significance of bringing stability to Muqdisho. Cleaning the streets of carbage indeed could be an adminstrative excercise.. but cleaning the streets of warlords is a monemental achievement. Muqdisho was the eldorado of warlords.

I am not from Somaliland, Puntland or the south for that matter. I tend to take an independent pansomali perspective on issues. I mourn for every somali on this earth. We could keep on arguing the best strategy forward for somalia, the IUC and somaliland for that matter. But that is history. There is nothing that can be done. Ethiopia has become a party to the conflict. They have bombed towns (read towns)and that is reason enough to condemn. We could debate for years what was the best strategy to adopt or whether or not the IUC is good for somalia.

Things could have been complicated a few days ago. But now it is apparent that this is a war between the IUC (somalis) and Ethiopia (the TFG folk are not worth the name somalis). That is my opinion.

You raise an important issue; the relationship between the TFG and Puntland. My guess is that the people of Puntland are on the side of the IUC (with the exception of some die hard tribalists and the so called puntland government who have opted to support a dying "president" based on nothing more than tribal affiliation. I share your concern that what we are witnessing could lead to some revival of tribalism. And that is unfortunate. It is what Abdullahi Yusuf wants. It is what the tribalists amidst us on SOL wants. I think and hope that that could be avoided.