Sign in to follow this  
Som@li

One man, and Two sisters!!

QANCIYE   

LOL@ this whole thang

Let's just admit that the family of the galz got big *** game and they played the nigga big time aight

End of story.

now i gotta ask everychick if she's got older sis k

am out

salams... This is not from our diin to begin with,, there is no proof for it neither from the qur'an nor the sunnah.. it's purely from tradition not any tradition but a bad one... but let them... when these young girls bring home unlawful children they will put their hands on their mouths and deal with the bitter consequences of their actions...

wasalam..

Janna   

Islam-today

Of course this isn't from our deen. It's just a much of looney Somali's practice today and for the past years. But then again, what can we do? "If you can't beat them, join them".

Chimera   

Fake story, how can you date a girl for three years and her parents are completely ignorant of it? Secondly most guys have a freaking spine and would tell the family straight that they are interested in the younger sister, not some related stranger. If the family wants the older one to marry first, the guy and the younger sister would simply wait until the older one got hitched, not break up, and see the guy marrying another girl three months later, only to divorce after five days (<--sounds so fake).

Back to 2005.

Aaliyyah   

Some families could be that way. But, I thought things were slowly changing, like it is something you would expect from a grandma. For instance, not too long ago when my neighbor's younger daughter was getting married, it shocked my ayeeyo lol and she was like oo may siiyaan gabadha ka wayn tii wayn baba so tagane (qouting her here)..im like oo maxa laga sinaya labada gabadhood ta yar baa keensatay..walahi this story reminded me of that conversation I had with my ayeeyo. So the old culture definitely justifies it but didnt things change now? my mom doesnt giva damn whether I bring a guy or my younger sisters do...just the other day she was like tiina diyaar ah ha ii keento looool!! like seriously things have came a long way time to drop the old mentality. dadku iskuma xidhna if someone found a good person that they love they shouldnt stop it cuz the older sister baa wali so tagan after all it is her choice...everyone live your life!

salaam

Ismalura   

Asking the guy to marry the older one is a bit extreme lakiin diidmo for the sole reason of gabadha waa laga weynyahay waan arkay. This issue is very common with dhaqankeena but dhalyarada today know that it doesn't make any sense. I have an older and a younger sister and we all agreed that has each her calaf and her decision to make.

Waxyaaba qaar waxaad is dhihi xageey ka keentay Somalida; I mean does it really matter who gets married first?

Juxa   

I can imagine the family saying ta weyn waa iney guursataa first and asking the younger one to wait

lakin macquul ilama aha offering the guy ta weyn! comeon somalidu dhaqankooda sharaf baa ku jirta iyo the usual isla-weyni

Abtigiis   

Ta weyn i soo tusa aan assess gareeyee, yaan odhan lahaa anigu. :D :D Haday Ok iyo 1/2 tahay, waa meherin lahaa, after that, wixii na dhax mara tii yarad Allah ha ka sawaabiyo, we would have her in our prayers. :D

But the whole thing is this things really don't happen nowadays, even in rural areas. Speaking of this issue, all the time I married which is between 3-4 years, I married the younger one when the big one was free and available. The thing is did you notice for some inexplicable reasons, of two sisters, it is usually the younger who is more appealing? I heard "i love ta yar', but 'ta weyn baa isha igu haysa' from boys, but not the vice versa too often. :D

Chimera,

I usually don't like to disagree with you, but you are wrong there. You can date a girl for 6 years, and her family might not know about it. But I have my doubts as to the authenticity of the whole story. It really doesn't happen these days. Waa laga ilbaxay wax oo dhan. I once dated a girl who said we have to wait until her sister is engaged, and I waited for sometime, everytime the girl was promising after two months ayaa loo soo fadhiisanayaa, but the guys changed their mind somehow; so in the end, I tabled an ultimatum.

Abtigiis   
I think a more difficult but likely scenario is if the older one loves you, and you love the younger one, oo markaa ta weyn xagga xaafada kaa xanibto. It happens, believe me. :D

Juxa   

yaa ku dhahay ta yar is always more appealing? and why do the marriages you mentioned have shelf-lives of 3-4 years unless i am missing something? can we conclude ta yar qeyr malahan since guurkeedu 4jir uusan daafin?:D

Juxa   

raga dont know us women walee.........sisters normally are very protective over each other and very critical of each others choice of husband.

marka waa natural ineysanba ka helin futurue husbandka lala soo shirtagay. i am baffled you lot suggesting iney eye-gareyneyso but all is fair in Abtigiis's world

Abtigiis   

No, I am not saying it is fair, I am saying it happens.

Midda kale, the conventional wisdom is that younger ones are better-looking while bigger ones are wiser. I am talking about the age factor, because it is easier to explain it by saying as one grows older, maturity comes. I mean u dhalasho, or as a matter of disposition.

Anigu waxaan u soo joogay gabadh walaasheed ku tidhi 'naa kan maxaad ku fali', oo markii danbena ninkii guursatay. Sisters are protective of one another, but also devilishly jeolous of each other. Gabdh walba walaasheed inay ka nin fiicnaato ayey rabtaa.

Juxa   

not true yaa sheikh absolutely not true! in the sense hadii reerku yahay normal

in my world sisters want the best for one another, i would be overjoyed if my sister netted bigger and better fish. waa xay jealousyga aad sheegaysid. in fact a sister would go 1000 miles to make sure her younger/older sister even has bigger/better wedding.

why would you want your sister nin ey xitaa maalin fiirisay? mise sheekadii rag somali wala wayay baad wadaaa oo inta joogta hala kumi kumiyeysto?

Abtigiis   

Better wedding doesn't always correspond to better husband. :D :D But anyway, i see your point although I think you are generalising based on your limited experiences and feelings.

Anyway, would you be posing for family pictures with a younger sister with a husban looking like Fernado Torres, when yours is the clone of Carols Tevez? :D Runta sheeg! Mise waad ka war wareegi sawirka?