Sign in to follow this  
Baashi

Kenya’s privileged tribe is on the run

Aad iyo aad bay kaaga caqli roon yihiin oo xaarkoodda ayaad cuneysaa...No Kenyan is dreaming to balkanize the country as the SNM gangs that are holding the northwest of Somalia hostage, are wishing for the Somali Republic..

Nephissa   

Originally posted by S Slash:

I wanted them to butcher each other and whole Kenya plunge into civil war and become Africa's Yugoslavia. Ethiopia the same, so we somalis muslims emerge from all these mess and build up an Islamic empire in horn africa. IA.

Amen brother! And we'll reject asylum seekers from conflict-torn Kenya. Man, that would be the day!

Haneefah   

Pretty sad, really, but not shocking.

Originally posted by Emperor:

^War nimankaan Kenyanka ah I think waxba nagama caqli badnee, the International community helped and preserved them where as we Somalis were left alone butchering each other.

Hahah. Amusing. If memory serves me correct the international community did try to intervene but the sheer savagery and lack of caql displayed by your countrymen (which exists to this day) is what drove them away and eventually led to their indifference about Somali affairs altogether. Besides, hadaanan lagaa caqli badnayn why would you require the assistance of a foreign man (his caql) to stop you from butchering your own brother, mother or sister?

Caqli la'aan waa waxa Somali meeshaa dhigtey, maxaa been la isu quudinayaa?

^^ Well said. Caqli La'aan iyo kibir waa tan Somaalia burburisay.

@Emperor; No help from the international community kuye....haha..War the whole world was there with their mighty tanks and so on but we were "too smart" to save our beloved motherland from plunging into war.

Originally posted by Baashi:

Shar ma Arke awoowe compromise is the name of the game. The big picture necessitates budging a bit and to settle with less.

True. Of course restoration of peace and some security is vital at this stage. But it's just the tip of the iceberg. As you said the underlying causes crave time and resources. But they are worth the resources, I tell you, coz the deep-seated animosity among these tribes date back in history. It just didn't spark now unprovoked. A time bomb, you could say. Goes back to Kenyatta era, when the Late Kenyatta apportioned the big farms in Rift Valley (left by the colonial masters) to Kikuyus from other regions. Kenyatta's action of apportioning wealth to his kinsmen was, amog others, the bone of contention to this problem. It breeded the formation of warring groups like the Kalenjin wariors and Mungiki, to name a few. These grooups, which were initiated and inextricably used by powerful figures in today's political circle, exist til today. This is just one of the issues sneaking behind the post-election impasse that need to be taken into account.

Addressing the election irregularities only would just dampened the on-going violence leaving the focal point of the dispute unaddressed.

Originally posted by Baashi:

Brings back memories. What's happening in Kenya now has happened in Somalia -- 1991.

:D ..... i think nobody figured out what you mean about this.

I'm glad they didn't coz it would start another argument as usual loooooooooooool :D

me   

War cayda naga daa.

Kiinyaatiga ka waran, horta...maxaad ka qabtaa sida ay isu haysataan. Taas bal fikrad ka soo dhiibo.

I don't want any chaos in the region sxb .... we have enough already.

Siday u heshiinayaan iyagay u taalaa kolayba Soomaalidu waxba kumay lahayn siyaasadda guud.

me   

One mans bread, is another mans death...ayeey holandiisku yidhaahdaan.

Kiinyaatigu haday is cunaan iyo haday is calaashadaanba waxba igama gelin. Inkasta oo aan jeclaan lahaa in ay is cunaan. Waxa kaliya oo aan ka codsanayaa in ay nala sugaan inta aan anagu, Soomaalidu hashiinayno.

5 sano kadib ha is galaan.