Sign in to follow this  
Yeniceri

IRAN: The end of diplomacy

Yeniceri   

Things are heating up on the world stage:

We consider any referral or report of Iran to the Security Council as
the end of diplomacy
,"
, secretary of Iran's Supreme National Security Council and its chief nuclear negotiator, told state television, according to Reuters.

Also, FOX Cable News (i.e. Bushspeak) is fanning the flames of an impending military strike against Iran:

Fox is aggressively agitating for war with Iran. On shows such as Hannity and Combs, guest after guest--Newt Gingrich, Ollie North, various retired generals, pundits, and even Democratic politicians--agitate for attacking Iran.

For example, on January 26th and 27th Liberal Democrat Bob Beckel said on Fox that
Democrat Bill Richardson affirmed that "we need to renew and re-strengthen our commitment to Israel." Newt Gingrich said that it is so urgent to attack Iran that it must happen within the next few months. According to Gingrich, Iran not only cannot be trusted with nuclear technology, but also
Iranians "cannot be trusted with their oil."

This new development, of course, as US President G W Bush prepares to give his State of the Union speech tonight.

p.s. "End of diplomacy", to me, means "dialogue has failed, prepare for war."

ElPunto   

LOL - I love their reactions. What a bunch of hyperventilating old windbags. They can barely handle Iraq but they are agitating for invading a country with 3 times the population and size of Iraq. If that happens, maybe the end is nigh, folks.

Gabbal   

I do not think an Iran with nuclear weapons is such a good or positive thing for this world. God knows the Iranian hardline Shias would as much attack Mecca as Washington.

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Kashanre:

I do not think an Iran with nuclear weapons is such a good or positive thing for this world. God knows the Iranian hardline Shias would as much attack Mecca as Washington.

True to the first point. Nor do I know that Iran with nuclear bomb is an unmitigated evil that needs to be invaded. I don't know where you got attack Mecca - they are Muslims after all.

N.O.R.F   

I'm watching this very closely as Iran is just across the water i swim in regularly (approx 130 miles away). I dont think the US will attack, rather Isreal will make pre-emptive strikes with unmanned drones.

Gabbal   

Originally posted by ThePoint:

quote:Originally posted by Kashanre:

True to the first point. Nor do I know that Iran with nuclear bomb is an unmitigated evil that needs to be invaded. I don't know where you got attack Mecca - they are Muslims after all.
Iran has already once funded an unmitigated "take-over" of Mecca in the 70's. I don't know if you remember but Shia extremists stormed the Kaaba and held it for until Saudi special forces overpowered them. Iran does not hide its believe that Shias should have control over Mecca as opposed to Sunnis. The future would be bleak were Iran to obtain nuclear weapons.

Castro   

UN 'confirms' Iran uranium move

The UN's atomic watchdog has confirmed that Iran has started preparations to resume producing enriched uranium, which can be used in nuclear weapons.

The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) also said it has obtained an Iranian document which can only be used in the making of nuclear weapons parts.

The findings come in an (IAEA) report made available to the press ahead of an urgent board meeting on Thursday.

Key powers have said the IAEA should report Iran to the UN Security Council.

Iran denies US-led claims that it is seeking to develop nuclear arms.

Tehran has said it will resume uranium enrichment if the case is sent to the Security Council, which has the power to impose sanctions.

The Iranian nuclear crisis has intensified since Iran said earlier this month it was resuming nuclear research it had suspended for two-and-a-half years.

Source

Bwahahahahahahaha.

ElPunto   

quote:Originally posted by ThePoint:

quote:

Iran has already once funded an unmitigated "take-over" of Mecca in the 70's. I don't know if you remember but Shia extremists stormed the Kaaba and held it for until Saudi special forces overpowered them. Iran does not hide its believe that Shias should have control over Mecca as opposed to Sunnis. The future would be bleak were Iran to obtain nuclear weapons.
Yes it was in 1979 but I didn't think that gov't had anything to do with it. I thought it was because certain extremists got a little full of themselves and their 'Islamic' revolution - they wanted to give it to others. In their tight situation, with the whole west against them - they can hardly affor to piss of Muslims too!

Iran with the bomb is only a matter of time. Can the west invade Iran, I think not. I dont belive the west i.e. US/UK and their partners will try another invasion of nation for another 10 years.

As for Iran , now people dont ever mistake the Persians for the Gulf Arabs, these people are cunning. They got the US/UK and Israel to get rid of their main enemy Sadam. Now we have a Shia Irag with Oil next to Shia Iran with loads of natural resources, armed to the teeth and tough as nails.

Israel will not and sare not attack Iran, for Iran will strike back. Alas some here watch too much FOX news.

Its far too late, and if Pakistan can have the bomb why not the ancianet civilisation of Persia?

If you fear for the Muslim world, we have Turky and Pakistan still to offset the new reality that is Iran..

Going back to the topic, its all brinkmanship, nothing will be done. Soon like India, Pakistan, North Korea you will witness Iran joining the elite club of those nations that can microwave the earth.

Taleexi   

Nowadays possessing an AB has became paramount for any nation due to the arrogance behavior of the big nations. I also think the outcry is not whether Iran acquires a nuclear bomb or not, but there is business lucrative at stake if you can read between lines, the rich nations have already complete control over the so-called international institutions namely; IMF, WTO, World Bank and Zetra, in the same token they are also after monopolizing the enormous source of energy that can be generated from the nuclear powers. I strongly believe, having more countries with nuclear weapons will eventually make the world safer place to be. Let it be remembered that this is an exceptional because generally the accummulation of bad things don't produce positive results.