Sign in to follow this  
Thierry.

Al Shabaab Dilemma

Emperor   

^You have it brother

Isseh Saaxib, the Simple point is this, Somali waa hesiin doontaa Ethiopiana wadanka ma haysan karto ee Alshabaab xagee lagayn doonaa? Somali waxay isku haystaan oo dhan waa Xukun iyo dhaqaale (economic dominance) waa wax la xalin karo, balse Alshabaab - the young youth who listen to no Sheikh, nor Oday and neither politician sidee xal loogu helaaya.

In your long post above again you repeated pointed made earlier and only refuted accustion thrown at Alshabaab and avoided to anwer the important questions, Saaxib lets look beyond the line and beyond our prejudices and the short term goals... focus on the reality of this group and their future role in Somalia, how would you reconcile them in the future given that they have weopon and manpower and not willing to share power with you... is their mission of forceful Islamization of the Somali Lands acheivable?

I think the whole argument you present goes like this... We should only focus on our short goals(driving Ethiopia out) and then we will deal or talk with Alshabaab later... but by then it might be too late, that's the point I was always trying to make, one more thing the Ethiopian factor and any other Somali group can be easily defeated forced out but Alshabaab, a dangerious Ideology like this and youth group of all clans willing to die is not an easy thing to defeat, it is the other point I was stressing...