Sign in to follow this  
Xudeedi

President Faroole and Interior Minister Ilka Jiir Arrive in Nairobi

NASSIR   

Somalia: Puntland State delegation met with U.S. officials November 11, 2009

Feature Article

Nairobi, Kenya - The President of Puntland with a high level ministerial delegation had met with officers of the U.S. Department of State and Somalia's Premier, Omar Abdirashid Ali.

The trip of the delegation led by President Faroole and Interior Minister, Gen. Abdullah Ahmed "Ilka-Jir" came after the detention of five alleged ONLF conspirators. The arrest provoked an uproar from the public, which shaked Puntand internal security, social cohesion, and the economic well-being of the state.

Protests took in the form of Civil disobedience, that became palpable following the arrest of a prominent peacemaker, Abdisalan Mohamed "Af-gudud" over the alleged detention and transfer of 5 innocent men from the region of ******.

One of the victims, was reported to have died in a Bossaso prison cell. In an interview with VOA, President Faroole accused the detainees of destabilizing Puntland as a result of the ONLF-Ethiopian conflict over the Somali region of Ethiopia, a region internationally known as ******.

The Puntland delegation first met with US officials such as U.S. Ambassador to Kenya, Micheal Renneberger, who is also responsible for U.S.-Somalia relations, and Donald Payne from the 10th Congressional District of New Jersey. There were reports of a tripertite security agreement between the TFG, Puntland and the U.S. on an unannounced comprehensive policy recently adopted against the scourge of Piracy such as the contraversial deployment of unmanned drones.

The drones are widely feared to cause unintended civilian catastrophe as they block the livelihoods of Somali fishermen and coastal communities. In a similar case, The UN sanctioned multinational naval vassals that patrol the long Somali coast had been accused of serious violations of International laws.

The Agenda of the US-Puntland meeting also mainly centered on a series of social development projects and security enhancement items such as extending more resources to the Puntland Intelligence Services (PIS) for counter-terrorism measures as to better combat elements of the extremist fringe in the region.

The PIS headed by Osman Diyaale operate with a high degree of autonomy in the major cities of Puntland. Its recent security crackdown and alleged killings of several religious scholars have deteriorated public sentiment over its objectives as they are locally dubbed as "Anti-Faith Crusaders."

The Puntland delegation is poised to meet with elders and officials from the Somali regional state of Ethiopia.

Source: Dhahar

NASSIR   

Originally posted by ThankfulSP:

Mafaxweynaha-Faroole-oo-hadlaaya.jpg

Just a random comment but...

The man in the background with the black baseball cap, is PIS Head Osman Abdullahi.

Thankful, no wonder you knew the plot all along. :D

Thankful   

Originally posted by NASSIR:

quote:Originally posted by Dabshid:

quote:

Originally posted by ThankfulSP:

Mafaxweynaha-Faroole-oo-hadlaaya.jpg

Just a random comment but...

The man in the background with the black baseball cap, is PIS Head Osman Abdullahi.

SO that is the head of Ashaadu La dirir?
That's just an infamous nick coined by the anarchists in control of the main Somali media. The man keeps Bosaaso safe and secure. You can only learn from the recent explosions targeted at the Puntland's factors of production and installations. [/QB]
Nassir,

Why are you bringing this thread back? Like Xaaji just pointed out and Beer Gaal, all you are doing is showing people how you guys were die hard Ilka-Jiir and Puntland supporters. LOOK AT WHAT YOU SAID IN THIS THREAD LESS THEN A YEAR AGO, YOU DEFENDED THE PIS HEAD AND SAID THAT THE MAN KEEPS BOSASSO SAFE AND SECURE. I can never figure you out Nassir, because you post things that only make you look bad, like this thread is showing your hypocrisy or you defended Atam who is a suspected of aiding terrorists.

The fact remains that you ignored countless bad articles and defended the the government and the PIS, even when they closed the VOA and other news outlets Xudeedi defended it, in your case you said nothing about the UN Monitoring report. Yet once the government attacked criminal Atam, you guys completely changed and pretended you have always been critical of the admin and started listing things that in the past you once discredited and ignored.

You are one interesting person Nassir!

Xudeedi   

^ Who are you fooling here? You were against Ilka Jiir then for the plain reason you are against Atam. You feared and hated the sub-clan that rallied behind the General; just as much as you hate and fear the sub clan, Atam draws militias from. This same clan was the family that disabled the incompetent Cadde and his rag tag clan militias, who were later humiliated in Majiyahan.

Cadde that you supported for obvious reasons was a character not physically and mentally fit to lead, thus left a legacy of shame that some are doomed to inherit. The clown was void of all possible traits to lead, deftness to administer, or ability to govern.

You hated Faroole not because he violated human rights or because he was a shareholder of lucrative piracy business, but because he launched a campaign of misinformation and sabotage about poor Cadde muuse, who his supporters were not skillful enough to defend him or to illustrate otherwise. Just as you now cry over work of others, you cried then as illustrated by your weak emotions that we Solers have become accustom to. You all of a sudden submitted to wills of those who defeated you, a paradigm of choosing Faroole over a bigger enemy and a different sub clan.

To Baargaal My political outlook is guided by the interest of Sanaag, Haylaan and Western Bari, parallel with the existence of the republic, channeled by Islamic beliefs and Makhiri traditions. Thus, my political alignment shifts accordingly and my loyalty rests on my fundamental creed.

... You feared and hated the sub-clan that rallied behind the General; just as much as you hate and fear the sub clan, Atam draws militias from. This same clan was the family that disabled the incompetent Cadde and his rag tag clan militias, who were later humiliated in Majiyahan....

Hello Mr Clan.

after 20 years of it's distruction,Xudeedi seems to be still thirsty for clan 5hit.

Originally posted by Xudeedi:

To Baargaal
My political outlook is guided by the interest of Sanaag, Haylaan and Western Bari, parallel with the existence of the republic, channeled by Islamic beliefs and Makhiri traditions. Thus, my political alignment shifts accordingly and my loyalty rests on my fundamental creed.

^

This is by far, the most cogent and most reasoned justification for the art of the Flip-flopper, ever penned by a living human being! For all you amateurs out there, take note! This is how it's done. :D

Lol@"Thus, my political alignment shifts accordingly and my loyalty rests on my fundamental creed"

Funny how a political "alignment" can "shift" easily, whilst ensuring its foundation("creed") remains "fundamental" and unchanging.

Is this Xudeedi guy, a miracle worker or what? :D

Xudeedi   

Originally posted by NASSIR:

Somalia: Puntland State delegation met with U.S. officials
November 11, 2009

Feature Article

Nairobi, Kenya - The President of Puntland with a high level ministerial delegation had met with officers of the U.S. Department of State and Somalia's Premier, Omar Abdirashid Ali.

The trip of the delegation led by President Faroole and Interior Minister, Gen. Abdullah Ahmed "Ilka-Jir" came after the detention of five alleged ONLF conspirators. The arrest provoked an uproar from the public, which shaked Puntand internal security, social cohesion, and the economic well-being of the state.

Protests took in the form of Civil disobedience, that became palpable following the arrest of a prominent peacemaker, Abdisalan Mohamed "Af-gudud" over the alleged detention and transfer of 5 innocent men from the region of ******.

One of the victims, was reported to have died in a Bossaso prison cell. In an interview with VOA, President Faroole accused the detainees of destabilizing Puntland as a result of the ONLF-Ethiopian conflict over the Somali region of Ethiopia, a region internationally known as ******.

The Puntland delegation first met with US officials such as U.S. Ambassador to Kenya, Micheal Renneberger, who is also responsible for U.S.-Somalia relations, and Donald Payne from the 10th Congressional District of New Jersey. There were reports of a tripertite security agreement between the TFG, Puntland and the U.S. on an unannounced comprehensive policy recently adopted against the scourge of Piracy such as the contraversial deployment of unmanned drones.

The drones are widely feared to cause unintended civilian catastrophe as they block the livelihoods of Somali fishermen and coastal communities. In a similar case, The UN sanctioned multinational naval vassals that patrol the long Somali coast had been accused of serious violations of International laws.

The Agenda of the US-Puntland meeting also mainly centered on a series of social development projects and security enhancement items such as extending more resources to the Puntland Intelligence Services (PIS) for counter-terrorism measures as to better combat elements of the extremist fringe in the region.

The PIS headed by Osman Diyaale operate with a high degree of autonomy in the major cities of Puntland. Its recent security crackdown and alleged killings of several religious scholars have deteriorated public sentiment over its objectives as they are locally dubbed as "Anti-Faith Crusaders."

The Puntland delegation is poised to meet with elders and officials from the Somali regional state of Ethiopia.

Source: Dhahar

The article Nassir shared with us foretells much anticipated series of incidents and graphically illustrates how the weak clan enclave was campaigning for Western support in order to advance their clan interest. The picture of Ilka Jiir, Faroole and Diano in preparation to meet with Donald Paine is a classic one, thus highlights how Western Bari offensives were indeed pre-planned.

Quality evidence for those who can comprehend.

Thankful   

Xudeedi, give it a rest!

I have no clue where you and Nassir are coming from. I am pointing out clear evidence of how you and him once defended a group and within a short time changed your stance and started to act as if you never did. If the PIS have been corrupt since day one, then why did Nassir defend them less then a year ago? i If you are against journalists being arrested, then why did you defend the government when it closed the VOA?

If you want to tell me the reason I am against certain people or support them, and then feel free to give your opinion. But what I am saying is not opinion but fact, which I can prove through threads.

I met Ilka-Jiir and he was by far the most humble of all presidential candidates. I did not agree with him when he had pirates released from Egypt. It was wrong for him to do so, but it might have been his lack of experience. The man has proven his love for Puntland in the way he took on Atam.

You bring up Cadde, when he is in the history books – you hate him, and you now say that you hate every Puntland leader and call the whole state a clan state (even though that wasn’t the case a few months ago with Faroole who you praised.) I told you, Faroole was in deep trouble and the way he handled Atam was impressive....very impressive. He showed good leadership skills. He used heavy-weight politician Ilka-Jiir to fight the battle, which neutralized the ability to make this into a clan issue -GENIUS.

I try and give credit where it is due!

Finally, I thought you were going to stop this clan clan clan, sub-clan garbage. This is what is bringing our country down and even in Somalia people don't talk about it that much, especially in public.

Nassir is not making sense here as usual. The fact he dug up this article only defeats his arguments of late.

It shows deep level of support and enthusiasm for a State he now calls a clan enclave. Faroole and IlkaJiir and the PIS are still together, and nothing has changed on the ground. The fact that “weak” enclaves have pre planned a campaign in which a confused agent of Al Shabaab was defeated and resulted in gaining the commitment of the worlds only super power also contradicts some of the arguments we have been hearing of late from some people.

Indeed this thread is an important example of flip flopping at its best.

It also highlights frustration from the enemies of Puntland, weither they be weak Diaspora groups or even AL Shabaab at the greater engagement that Washington has promised.

Xudeedi   

I think this is what Nassir is talking about... :D the bold letters

Clan Rivalry Complicates Terrorism Fight in Puntland

Alisha Ryu |
Nairobi 29 September 2010

VOA

Abdurahman Mohamed Farole, president of Somalia's northern breakaway state of Puntland speaks in
Apr 2009
at a press conference in
Nairobi
(file photo)

The United States says it is planning to boost ties with Somalia's two autonomous regions - Somaliland and Puntland - in an effort to restore stability in the south and to curb the spread of Islamic extremism. Some analysts say the move, however, may end up increasing violence and instability in Puntland.

In late July, Puntland government forces began fighting with militants loyal to an Islamist factional leader based in the remote and mountainous Sanaag and western Bari regions of northern Somalia.

Puntland President Abdirahman Mohamed Farole said the assault was a counter-terrorism operation, targeting the terrorist leader of the Puntland cell of al-Qaida, Mohamed Siad Atom. The Puntland government has linked Atom to numerous kidnappings, bombings, and assassinations in the region since 2008.

In March, the U.N. Monitoring group for Somalia said it believed Atom was one of the principle suppliers of arms and ammunitions for al-Shabab, an al-Qaida affiliate that controls much of southern Somalia. A month later, the United States Treasury Department froze Atom's assets and those of a nearly dozen other suspected Islamist militants in Somalia.

But the leaders of the **********, a sub-clan of the larger Somali ***** tribe, say the conflict in the north is not about entirely about terrorism. They say it also is about long-held political and economic grievances the ********** have had against the Puntland government since the region declared autonomy in 1998.

Somalia observer Stig Jarle Hansen of the Norwegian Institute for Urban and Regional Research in Oslo said if the United States is planning to assist the Puntland government in its fight against Atom, it will need to approach the situation with extreme caution.

"The danger is that you could suppress the ********** in a drastic way," said Hansen. "Or you could act in a way that mobilizes the ********** to the Shabab side. So, you can make your predictions come true through your own actions."

The leadership of the Puntland government is dominated by members of the ******ten sub-clan of the *****, and there has long been a simmering power struggle between the two sub-clans for control of Puntland's lucrative commercial hub, Bosasso.

The rivalry between the sub-clans boiled over into a bloody confrontation in 2006, when Mohamed Said Atom's militia attacked Puntland security forces to protest exploration rights the government gave to an Australian mining company in the mineral-rich Sanaag and western Bari regions. The ********** said the deal was struck without its permission.

In recent years, the **********, and other ***** sub-clans in Puntland have complained bitterly about the Puntland Intelligence Service, a counter-terrorism organization created in 2001, and which receives considerable support from the United States. The clan makeup of the powerful service is predominantly ******ten, and the organization has been accused of working to empower one clan at the expense of others.

Somalia observers warn a narrowly-focused U.S. engagement with the Puntland government, specifically in the counter-terrorism field, could unintentionally spark an inter-clan war. They say the conflict then could be exploited by al-Shabab to expand its influence into the far reaches of northern Somalia.

VOA