Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

SOMALIA: Isse Ahmed, “They tied me to a tree by my hands and left me hanging”

Ahmed, a 35-year-old pastoralist, was watching over a herd of cows on the outskirts of Hagar town in Somalia's southern Juba valley when militiamen from Al-Shabab, the Islamist insurgent group that controls the area, demanded a "zaka", or tithe. His refusal led to a violent confrontation that left him crippled for life. Ahmed, now in a refugee camp in Kenya, recounted his ordeal by telephone, as his sister, who described him as depressed and traumatized, held the handset:

"It was in the morning and I was herding my cattle when a group of armed Al-Shabab men asked me to pay Zaka. I told them I only owned half the cattle and the rest belonged to orphans. What was mine [about 20] was not enough to pay Zaka. They did not listen and took 20 cows, leaving me with only 10.

"I went after them hoping to reason with whoever was their leader. When I caught up with them, we argued for a while before they got hold of me and beat me up. They then tied me to a tree by my hands and left me hanging. I was in so much pain, I started yelling and asking for help but no one came. I was there for more than a day. By the time they [the militiamen] cut me down I had no feeling in my hands.

"My relatives took me to a hospital but there was no doctor there and not much medicine; they could not save my hands.

"One day I am a man taking care of my family and the next I am an invalid being helped to put on clothes. I will never forget that day and what they did to me.

"There is no religion that allows them to treat people like that. I honestly don’t believe they are Muslims. They are criminals hiding behind religion. Normal thieves and robbers are better. At least when they take your things they either leave you alone or may even kill you but they don’t mutilate you.

“I am used to people being killed but I have never seen or heard anything like what they did to me.

"I suffered a lot because of them; I will never forgive them.

"A couple of months later, my relatives heard that they were coming to kill me because they did not want anyone to know what they had done to me. So I was taken from Hagar and brought here [Dadaab refugee camp] at the end of 2009.

“I feel safe here but I worry about my two children. Their mother is dead and I can't take care of them. They are with relatives in Somalia.”

Maaddeey   

Very weak case!

They did not listen and took 20 cows, leaving me with only 10.

Zakadii ayaaba ka badatay ra'sal maal-kii!

They then tied me to a tree by my hands and left me hanging. I was in so much pain, I started yelling and asking for help but no one came.
I was there for more than a day
. By the time they [the militiamen] cut me down I had no feeling in my hands.

ugu yaraan 5ta waqti ee salaaddawaa iga furi jireen inuu yiraahdeey ahayd!

Cawaale   

Originally posted by Maaddeey:

Very weak case!
quote:They did not listen and took 20 cows, leaving me with only 10.

Zakadii ayaaba ka badatay ra'sal maal-kii!

They then tied me to a tree by my hands and left me hanging. I was in so much pain, I started yelling and asking for help but no one came.
I was there for more than a day. By the time they [the militiamen] cut me down I had no feeling in my hands.

ugu yaraan 5ta waqti ee salaaddawaa iga furi jireen inuu yiraahdeey ahayd!
Waan kugu raacsanahay, gacanta go'anna run ahaan lagama goyn ee waa sawir photoshop lagu sameeyay!!

Cawaale   

^Askarta shabaab oo SOL aan qatyaan ka taagnahay ha ila yaabin ustaadi.

ninka xoolahiisa laga watay in laga tago aa loo qaatay, ma aahyan in la gamca gooyo.

Maaddeey   

Uthbut al carsh thuma'anqush ma maqashay?.

Qisada xaqiiji horta? mise sheekada IRINNEWS ee xerooyinka qaxootiga in been la dhoo-dhoobay tahay baad diiddantahay?

Cawaale   

Bro, how come you ask for authentication anytime someone posts any thing about shabaab, and fail to do so when it comes to the poor shacab? Maku fahmin walaalkeey?

Cawaale   

to be fair, irrin iyo shabkada kale oo AFP ku jirto sheekooyin ay abuuraan. unfortunately that is not the case all the time.

RaMpAgE   

Alshabab is too soft on the somali population, the only way to control the somali is harsh punishment, just as all great nations were molded together.

Maaddeey   

Cawaale, runtii adaan kula yaabanahay, haddaad ogtahay in IRIN sheekooyin abuurto, sheekadanna sida ka muuqata case qaxootinimo si xun loo dhisay uu yahay, maxaad kalood rabtaa? plus Zako 1/3 la iska qaadaayo ma aragtay adi?.

Ma waxaa kula quman wax kasto oo beenabuur ah in loo saariyo si loo sii foolxumeeyo??

Kashafa   

Cawaale,

I would give credence to your supposed "shacab'ka aa uu naxaayaa" position if you ever, even once, condemened the daily xasooq of AMISOM markee isbitaalada, iyo xaafadaha maatada madaafiiic BM iyo katyusha ay uu qaybiyaan sida roob camal. But no, no peep heard out of Cawaale and the other "Humanitarian, shacab'ka haloo turo crowd". Only silence. And silence is akin to consent for the "neutral-moderates"

Maya abti, wejiga waxaa soo taagtiin oo kaliya when Usood Al-Macaa'rik been aboor qaawaan iyo brobaganda raqiis ah lala beegsado, after a failure in meeting them head-on in the field of battle. Be the battlefield of Ideas & Vision; Or the battlefield of Iron and Blood

Sida isu dhaama, abtiyaal. As Shaykhuna Maadeey noted, this story doesn't make any logical sense. Waa been abuur qaawaan. On par with the "Al-Shabaab raped a 13 year old and then stoned her" or "Al-Shabaab fondle women to check and see if they are wearing bras"

Fadlan, hadal macqool ah, oo nin wayn laga sugaayo la imow. Laakin kalaam al-shawaaric hadaa la timaadid, hadee jawaabteeda ay leedahay.

Cawaale   

Cawaale, runtii adaan kula yaabanahay, haddaad ogtahay in IRIN sheekooyin abuurto, sheekadanna sida ka muuqata case qaxootinimo si xun loo dhisay uu yahay, maxaad kalood rabtaa? plus Zako 1/3 la iska qaadaayo ma aragtay adi?.

Ma waxaa kula quman wax kasto oo beenabuur ah in loo saariyo si loo sii foolxumeeyo??

su'aasheyda in aan igu soo celi kama filaneynin sxb. Aniga jawaabteyda waxay salka ku haysaa aqoonta aan shabaab u leeyahay!

intaas kadib, haddii ay dhab kaa tahay difaaca shabaab fadlan waxaad soo caddeysaa difacaga meesha uu qotomo? waxa cad in aan arintan iuyo arimo kale oo shabaab quseeyo aan isku fahmi la'nahay!

Marka adiga taageeradaadu ma fikir iyo jiritaan ayay ku dhisantahay mise waa mise siyaasi ah? ma waxaad i leedahay dad noga roon ma jiraan? mise waxaad leedahay waa badbaadada kaliya ee maanta umadda heysato?. Sidoo kale waxaan ka rajeynayaa in aad wax walba oo aad ka hadleysid aniga ay sidaas ay ila tahay aysan noqon ee aad caddaymo la timaadid.

FG, waxaa kula hadlaaya nin aqoon dheer ah u leh shabaab x.islaam iyo kooxda shariif.

I would give credence to your supposed "shacab'ka aa uu naxaayaa" position
if you ever, even once, condemened the daily xasooq of AMISOM markee isbitaalada, iyo xaafadaha maatada madaafiiic BM iyo katyusha ay uu qaybiyaan sida roob camal. But no, no peep heard out of Cawaale and the other "Humanitarian, shacab'ka haloo turo crowd". Only silence. And silence is akin to consent for the "neutral-moderates"

Maya abti, wejiga waxaa soo taagtiin oo kaliya when Usood Al-Macaa'rik been aboor qaawaan iyo brobaganda raqiis ah lala beegsado,
after a failure in meeting them head-on in the field of battle.
Be the battlefield of Ideas & Vision; Or the battlefield of Iron and Blood

Aniga yaan ahay oo aad igu tirisay? kuwa mujaahidiinta ka soo horjeeda, Gaalada dabcan? Illeen aqoon dheeraad ah yaad ii leeday, anigana ma ogi.

Horta ninkan indhaha(qalbiga) xeran ee caqliga ciyaalka leh miyaan iska ceshaa mise Maaddeeyow adaa isku mowlac tihiin waad faruur xidhan intaanan qarqarsiyin.!

Maaddeey   

^^Adiga waxaaga handadaad baan u arkaa, qalbigaaga waxa ku jira & aqoontaada gaarka ah nama quseyso, ee waxa na quseeya mowduucan aan hadda ka hadleyno, sheekadan in been la dhoo dhoobay tahay qof walba oo caqli le baa aragta, markaan ra'yigeyga caddeeyeyna isfooto ayaad kajan baad iila timid!, sow ujeedada hadalkaaga maaha, been halaga sheegee maxaad u difaaceysaa??, teeda kale sow ma ogid in Alle yiri: 'walaa yajrimannakum shana'aanu qawmin calaa allaa tacdiluu..'.

Ps. WAFAWQA KULLI DII CLIMI CALIIM